Official R2 Firmware News

Netduma Fraser

3 hours ago, DarkNinja23 said:

TTeJDeA.png

please calm down now. you tried to dismiss my main point by making it all about a simple spelling mistake , I understand that you are more patient and don't care about however long they take but please don't expect that from everyone ,many companies like to push out their devices without completely fixing the main issues and expect us to pay so it's very normal for consumers to expect fixes without delays every other week.

Next time don't push what your values are on other people and don't dismiss their points by making fun of their simple mistakes - if you are more old and wise, you should understand this.

Again, I was making the point about checking before you commit, that's the only lesson I was supporting.

Nothing to do with this grammar Nazi stuff which was more than likely put there in the last 15yrs as everbody these days have a word or phrase for something that has nothing to do with the initial thing itself.

Look, you're just wrong on both counts.

Like others have said, just knock it on the head. It's pointless & off topic, rightly so.

I support the people being abused & forced to do something by oppressors.

17 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

Again, I was making the point about checking before you commit, that's the only lesson I was supporting.

Nothing to do with this grammar Nazi stuff which was more than likely put there in the last 15yrs as everbody these days have a word or phrase for something that has nothing to do with the initial thing itself.

Look, you're just wrong on both counts.

Like others have said, just knock it on the head. It's pointless & off topic, rightly so.

I support the people being abused & forced to do something by oppressors.

"I support the people being abused & forced to do something by oppressors"

you lost me there my friend , you clearly are too emotional and don't understand how 'for profit' businesses and capitalism in general works but I agree its pointless and offtopic to drag this further.

let's hope they release the update soon and not yet another delay......

Guys, please stop. 

I only come in here to check if the update is dropped yet. This is a forum to come together and help each other. That's how it should stay my friends. 

Let's make this update the best one yet! 

I can't wait until Smart QOS drops ❤️

Same issue with the XR500. Years before firmware update. I’m not happy with Netduma anymore. Starting to get old. Might need new programmers 😐 Just sayin.

Due to catching a few last-minute issues, we have to delay updates until next week: we'll be working over the weekend to iron them out. Delays suck, but it's all to ensure you get solid updates instead of saying "that'll do". No half measures!”

On 9/15/2020 at 6:44 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi everyone, 

I know some of you have been wondering when there would be a new R2 firmware available and why there has been a delay. 

We have been working really hard to improve the WiFi performance and range on the R2 as well as fixing other bugs along the way. We have built several versions since launch trying to get it as good as we possibly can and we've drawn a line in the sand now for what we think is a pretty good firmware. This will be getting tested this week so ideally assuming that goes well we'll get that out publicly this week or at the very latest sometime next week. 

TL:DR: New firmware publicly released by the latest, next week.

Thanks for the update Fraser,i think it's much better to wait until it's as good as it can be,there's always a risk when rolling out new firmware and last thing needed is bricked R2D2 units.

Also must be mentioned my one is working perfectly since launch,only needing reboot once in awhile ( Can't find schedule reboot option )