Official R2 Firmware News

Netduma Fraser

First off I want to say thank you to everyone on here.  NetDuma for all the hard work and effort that come into making some of the greatest KickAss hardware and software.  Also, to the NetDuma community/consumers/gamers/tech users if we were not here the company would not be able to provide us with what we are all loving about NetDuma and the DumaOS.

OK, I get if issues are found, there are always going to be some type of issues.  Most of us in involved in the tech space/world are way too familiar with this. The issues are and I imagine everyone here will be 100% behind me on these three items.

1:  I should not come here in the middle of a the week with the last comment being made was last Friday from NetDuma.  A little more proactive community engagement would be received way better than a reactive engagement.   

2:  This seems to be a reoccurring issue - Releases constantly getting pushed back and back and back.  Again, if item number one was being followed this would be way better received from the community.

3:  I am sorry, but I have to mention this.  When I see advertisements for new Hardware being released on the NetGear side with DumaOS 3.0 and yet the XR300/XR500/XR700 and R2 are not even being kept up with DumaOS 3.0 it gets a little frustrating.  Again, if Item number 1 was being leveraged and NetDuma would be ahead of the community heading into the forums  looking for updates, spamming where is NetDuma at with and update.  I can almost guarantee there would be more positive feedback.

Keep up the great work NetDuma.  Love what I am seeing!!

1 hour ago, DarkNinja23 said:

obviously gonna be weak end or next week again , they too busy working for nighthawk routers to care about netduma

Not true really but it's a bit like your grammar & spelling, they don't want to release it UNTIL it's correct & works flawless as they're good people & then there's just people....

Its just a thought so don't take this the wrong way but is it spelt that way as you accidently pasted something that you usually send the other half... "We'll have to give it a miss again, weak end" ? 😂

Seriously though, the tweet above...

9 minutes ago, jlpotter76 said:

First off I want to say thank you to everyone on here.  NetDuma for all the hard work and effort that come into making some of the greatest KickAss hardware and software.  Also, to the NetDuma community/consumers/gamers/tech users if we were not here the company would not be able to provide us with what we are all loving about NetDuma and the DumaOS.

OK, I get if issues are found, there are always going to be some type of issues.  Most of us in involved in the tech space/world are way too familiar with this. The issues are and I imagine everyone here will be 100% behind me on these three items.

1:  I should not come here in the middle of a the week with the last comment being made was last Friday from NetDuma.  A little more proactive community engagement would be received way better than a reactive engagement.   

2:  This seems to be a reoccurring issue - Releases constantly getting pushed back and back and back.  Again, if item number one was being followed this would be way better received from the community.

3:  I am sorry, but I have to mention this.  When I see advertisements for new Hardware being released on the NetGear side with DumaOS 3.0 and yet the XR300/XR500/XR700 and R2 are not even being kept up with DumaOS 3.0 it gets a little frustrating.  Again, if Item number 1 was being leveraged and NetDuma would be ahead of the community heading into the forums  looking for updates, spamming where is NetDuma at with and update.  I can almost guarantee there would be more positive feedback.

Keep up the great work NetDuma.  Love what I am seeing!!

That's what I like to hear, a little respect 😎  (some stuff below doesn't apply to you 👍)

The way crap is going on right now, business wise, I'm surprised they have time to keep up with everything else !

I know most of the management are doing all the hours God sends. Fraser & others are replying to everybody almost all day & night, give them a break people, please.

Just keep an eye on Twitter...

1 minute ago, Burger100 said:

The wife always says to me I have a weak end at the weekends, to much beer me thinks. I will get me coat sorry folks.

Well, I don't know if it applies to you as you must have the patients of a Saint like myself.

We waited 30yrs for a title, what's a couple of days ? 👍

🔥YN96WA🔥

waiting a bit longer is fine, assuming the problem is actually fixed...

if its not, then i'll probably be looking at a refund - because there would seem to be a hardware fault that cant be resolved via firmware... but lets see...

7 hours ago, Yam Yam said:

Not true really but it's a bit like your grammar & spelling, they don't want to release it UNTIL it's correct & works flawless as they're good people & then there's just people....

Its just a thought so don't take this the wrong way but is it spelt that way as you accidently pasted something that you usually send the other half... "We'll have to give it a miss again, weak end" ? 😂

Seriously though, the tweet above...

Please stop being triggered grammar nazi,we don't all use english as our primary language and it's obviously a simple mistake in the spelling and yeah I read the tweet about the delay they posted last week and delays are a common thing now so I can speak my mind. And No one is complaining about them being good people or not,I am sure they are wonderful people personally but that is irrelevant, the product they released with current wifi state is almost unusable as gaming router + router UI gets stuck all the time when trying to launch geo-filter or ping heatmap apps(which are the main selling points of this router and Duma OS) so I just want them to fix it without delays every other week. 

13 hours ago, DarkNinja23 said:

Please stop being triggered grammar nazi,we don't all use english as our primary language and it's obviously a simple mistake in the spelling and yeah I read the tweet about the delay they posted last week and delays are a common thing now so I can speak my mind. And No one is complaining about them being good people or not,I am sure they are wonderful people personally but that is irrelevant, the product they released with current wifi state is almost unusable as gaming router + router UI gets stuck all the time when trying to launch geo-filter or ping heatmap apps(which are the main selling points of this router and Duma OS) so I just want them to fix it without delays every other week. 

You're calling me a Nazi ???... over pointing out grammar ???

Where's the connection ???

You haven't got a clue, kid. That wasn't the point I was making but your capacity disables you from seeing past that.

Don't use English as an excuse when in the said comment you spell it wrong but in the same sentence you write the same word correctly. That's down to proof reading, not a fault of being without a native English tongue. So you see, your comment holds no water whatsoever.

I used your comment as an example of what happens when something is rushed & pushed out to the public, it contains errors, the single point everyone at Netduma is trying to avoid.

If you were that intelligent you would've realised I was being sarcastic. I was trying to defuse a situation where you lot, with your pitchforks throwing abuse around & mocking devs, go full on about waiting for something that can't be achieved at the click of the fingers. We all want the update asap but what's the point in releasing something just to shut you up then it fails to work properly so you return with the constant moaning ?

You're a snowflake, you're in a generation of what Americans call 'Karen', the tiniest little problem & you go out all guns blazing.

What you need to do is let the experts get on with their job & stop constantly moaning & complaining, all of you, all those that have liked your reply.

When I attended school we were told never to copy any individual just in case said person is in the wrong, sounds like yourself & your merry men.

If you want to keep it civil, reply with an argument worth persuing, not your negative, infant brain farts 😉

12 minutes ago, Yam Yam said:

You're calling me a Nazi ???... over pointing out grammar ???

Where's the connection ???

You haven't got a clue, kid. That wasn't the point I was making but your capacity disables you from seeing past that.

Don't use English as an excuse when in the said comment you spell it wrong but in the same sentence you write the same word correctly. That's down to proof reading, not a fault of being without a native English tongue. So you see, your comment holds no water whatsoever.

I used your comment as an example of what happens when something is rushed & pushed out to the public, it contains errors, the single point everyone at Netduma is trying to avoid.

If you were that intelligent you would've realised I was being sarcastic. I was trying to defuse a situation where you lot, with your pitchforks throwing abuse around & mocking devs, go full on about waiting for something that can't be achieved at the click of the fingers. We all want the update asap but what's the point in releasing something just to shut you up then it fails to work properly so you return with the constant moaning ?

You're a snowflake, you're in a generation of what Americans call 'Karen', the tiniest little problem & you go out all guns blazing.

What you need to do is let the experts get on with their job & stop constantly moaning & complaining, all of you, all those that have liked your reply.

When I attended school we were told never to copy any individual just in case said person is in the wrong, sounds like yourself & your merry men.

If you want to keep it civil, reply with an argument worth persuing, not your negative, infant brain farts 😉

TTeJDeA.png

please calm down now. you tried to dismiss my main point by making it all about a simple spelling mistake , I understand that you are more patient and don't care about however long they take but please don't expect that from everyone ,many companies like to push out their devices without completely fixing the main issues and expect us to pay so it's very normal for consumers to expect fixes without delays every other week.

Next time don't push what your values are on other people and don't dismiss their points by making fun of their simple mistakes - if you are more old and wise, you should understand this.