The problems of the game are not in the NETDUMA routers or in other routers.

Phantomblu

Good evening. Then I want to tell you that after so much testing I can say that routers whatever it type are have nothing to do with the problems of the game . Let me explain better. After so much evidence I learned that the Call of Duty game uses proxies I tried to figure out only one thing if at the terminal nodes of the connections there could be congestion or loss of packets .I found out long story short that the problem is congestion at the nodes before getting to the game servers. This door congestion has packet delays. Beware delays, not loss.

I found out long story short that the problem is congestion at the nodes before getting to the game servers. This door congestion has packet delays. Beware delays, not loss. The field tests I did by connecting to Mudfish Proxy choosing the nodes to be tested .Netduma routers are not the cause. However, instead of giving precedence to the UDP protocol I gave precedence to TCP and I had a more than positive response . It was time.

Search for yourself if you want and do other tests in this regard. Don't blame the router but well at the delay of packets to the nodes before arriving at the server. Simple congestion at internet nodes.

Try to have less congestion at the nodes and possibly bring it to zero. In my case I chose Mudfish proxy, you can choose other ways, it's up to you to choose. Now you know the problem.

10 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

What do u mean by that? U meant to prioritize port to tcp as well? Can you tell me what ports to focus? 

In the router, port 3074 was prioritized as a source and remote from 30000 to 65535. Whereas in the proxy I prioritized only the TCP protocol and just without any type of port . However, you have to focus on finding roads, network paths and nodes with little congestion and traffic packages that remains the most important thing.

Later when I come back from work poster screens for how I set up the proxy and maybe even the router

I dont think so..

With Tools Like netlimiter i can See the Connection and Ports.. and there are all UDP Ports that are used by the Gameservers

The Game uses TCP 3074 only for Stats and Account Verifikation..

People in this Forum found the specific Ports Long ago.

Maybe the Destination translate them further them to some Proxys.. but thats Something you cant manipulate in your own.

Maybe you Use a gaming Proxy/VPN Tool but thats only snakeoil and can make Things even worse

i remember that i've tried the ipvanish socks5 proxy to play cod, and it doesn't made thinks better

same thing is used by exitlag , noping etc.. they are using proxy's to redirect game trafffic, sometimes it"s working ,  sometimes not

add to that the fact that using a proxy , the geofilter is useless, if you join a server near the proxy you're using, it's ok, but if you're even in a dedi server far from the proxy, you'll no enjoy the game at all

Guest Cussiv

CoDs game game servers are udp dst port at 30000-45000. I notice difference when its good or bad. You can easily notice that in-game by switching router, firmware or settings. 

I directly connected my SB2000 to my Console/PC in separate tests. The only thing I've learned is that PC servers are just slightly better, but PS4 is a minimum of 90ms ping and usually 100-120ms with constant packet loss. That's without a router involved at all. Now jumping into Blackout, I can see pings in the 40m and even 30m range. Like holy shit they fucked up the network infrastructure so dam bad. Geofilter is useless in this game.

I can break a shield, then get turned and burned in an instant as I get a packet loss icon? 

What I don't understand is how all of these Streamers are getting 30-40ms pings. Some quit if they are in the 70-80ms range.. I would love to improve my situation at all.

16 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

I dont think so..

With Tools Like netlimiter i can See the Connection and Ports.. and there are all UDP Ports that are used by the Gameservers

The Game uses TCP 3074 only for Stats and Account Verifikation..

People in this Forum found the specific Ports Long ago.

Maybe the Destination translate them further them to some Proxys.. but thats Something you cant manipulate in your own.

Maybe you Use a gaming Proxy/VPN Tool but thats only snakeoil and can make Things even worse

I think he's referring to something else.

Most routers and ISP hubs are running traffic cues and anti congestion controls / traffic shaping. Usually TCP has a higher priority value over UDP. The reason is that if you send a TCP packet, the receiver will send a acknowledgement. If the sender doesn't receive this, the TCP is resend. UDP is a single way stream and packets that do not arrive are not resend.

So for a router/hub to manage congestion, it will give more priority to the TCP packets. If the traffic cue overflows and they get dropped, they will get resend so this really doesn't fix any of the congestion issues. UDP on the other hand just gets dropped and it's gone. So a router/hub will drop UDP first over other types of traffic.

I have been saying this for a long time tbh. When you look at stability for gaming connections you have to look at UDP flow. Pingplotter etc are useless since you can have a perfect ICMP ping where your UDP packets might be getting dropped along the way. Pingplotter is only good for determining stuff like bufferbloat from your ISP. Whenever I run connection tests I usually look at the in game ping in CoD since that is derived from actual UDP packet flow.

I have used Connection Emulator in the past for example, setting it to UDP only and adding 100ms latency. DumaOS and other ping tools will show normal ping to the server while CoD shows this extra 100ms I added in.  

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Most routers and ISP hubs are running traffic cues and anti congestion controls / traffic shaping. Usually TCP has a higher priority value over UDP. The reason is that if you send a TCP packet, the receiver will send a acknowledgement. If the sender doesn't receive this, the TCP is resend. UDP is a single way stream and packets that do not arrive are not resend.

So for a router/hub to manage congestion, it will give more priority to the TCP packets. If the traffic cue overflows and they get dropped, they will get resend so this really doesn't fix any of the congestion issues. UDP on the other hand just gets dropped and it's gone. So a router/hub will drop UDP first over other types of traffic.

I have been saying this for a long time tbh. When you look at stability for gaming connections you have to look at UDP flow. Pingplotter etc are useless since you can have a perfect ICMP ping where your UDP packets might be getting dropped along the way. Pingplotter is only good for determining stuff like bufferbloat from your ISP. Whenever I run connection tests I usually look at the in game ping in CoD since that is derived from actual UDP packet flow.

I have used Connection Emulator in the past for example, setting it to UDP only and adding 100ms latency. DumaOS and other ping tools will show normal ping to the server while CoD shows this extra 100ms I added in.  

I agree a little with all your views. It is true that TCp is used for checking the status of the account but it is also true that it is used at port 443 Https used massively by the game to get your data. I mean it's not only used by port 443. Now I don't want to talk about all these things otherwise we move away from the real problem that is actually congestion in the nodes. Everyone is free to try anything but it is certain that the problem does not solve any router . Not entirely. The router certainly helps and definitely improves our connections, but what happens next along the way that's another thing. The knots, the crossroads, are the problem, if by the time we play at the nodes there and congestion our packages arrive late. Beware not loss of packages that we may most notice but of delay . The milliseconds delay . I have tried like so many of you many things including exitlag, Outfox, and many other things but using Mudfish I noticed the problem because it makes you choose the way of packages and nodes with statistics on the nodes of RTT (Round Trip Time), that is, delay of packages and from there I understood .

My suggestion is to help the development of the DUMA OS in this regard and if it exists in a way is to bring it back to the developers, perhaps urging them to create something that helps overcome congestion at the nodes , I hold into account the RTT (Round Trip Time).

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Credo che si riferisca a qualcos'altro.

La maggior parte dei router e degli hub ISP sono in esecuzione segnali di traffico e controlli anticongestione / modellazione del traffico. Di solito TCP ha un valore di priorità più alto rispetto a UDP. Il motivo è che se si invia un pacchetto TCP, il ricevitore invierà una conferma. Se il mittente non riceve questo, il TCP è reinviare. UDP è un flusso a modo singolo e i pacchetti che non arrivano non vengono reinviati.

Quindi, per un router / hub per gestire la congestione, darà più priorità ai pacchetti TCP. Se il segnale di traffico trabocca e vengono lasciati cadere, otterranno resend in modo che questo davvero non risolve nessuno dei problemi di congestione. UDP d'altra parte appena ottiene cadere ed è andato. Quindi un router/hub cadrà UDP prima su altri tipi di traffico.

Lo dico da molto tempo tbh. Quando si guarda alla stabilità per le connessioni di gioco si deve guardare il flusso UDP. Pingplotter ecc sono inutili dal momento che si può avere un perfetto ping ICMP in cui i pacchetti UDP potrebbero essere sempre caduto lungo la strada. Pingplotter è buono solo per determinare roba come bufferbloat dal tuo ISP. Ogni volta che eseguo test di connessione di solito guardo il ping in gioco in CoD dal momento che è derivato dal flusso di pacchetti UDP effettivo.

Ho usato l'emulatore di connessione in passato, ad esempio, impostandolo solo su UDP e aggiungendo una latenza di 100 ms. DumaOS e altri strumenti di ping mostrerà ping normale al server, mentre CoD mostra questo extra 100ms che ho aggiunto in.

I agree.

2 hours ago, WilliamCL57 said:

What I don't understand is how all of these Streamers are getting 30-40ms pings. Some quit if they are in the 70-80ms range.. I would love to improve my situation at all.

I get 30ms ping in 99% of my matches. It'd be 20ms if my line wasn't interleaved.

20 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

I get 30ms ping in 99% of my matches. It'd be 20ms if my line wasn't interleaved.

Would you mind giving out a general location? West Coast, Central, East? I feel like west coast servers are the worst, except some LA streamers get that same great ping.

I get 33ms. I played 1,5 game of plunder and had enough of it.

The connection is just inconsistent with even 250 HP, you get all your damage in 1 hit sometimes. And second game quit early because there is dudes aimbotting and walling. Could possibly also have been the case where you get instant downs, they aimbot for your head.

I'll stick to crossplay off MP :)

3 hours ago, WilliamCL57 said:

Would you mind giving out a general location? West Coast, Central, East? I feel like west coast servers are the worst, except some LA streamers get that same great ping.

I live in the UK and am around 50 miles from the server.

I have 25ms in EU servers and 130/150ms in US servers..

But past 2 weeks the game puts EU ppl in a server with 250ms ping and 30% packet loss ocasionally.. Never experienced that before

I have found that enabling IPv6 is actually allowing me to connect with pings around 50ms less than usual. 120ms average ->60-70ms average. I don't understand why this is happening, but disabling it returns to the high ping. Neither CoD MW or PS4 officially support IPv6, so could this be the proxy servers that are used to connect to Warzone causing this improvement? I have also gotten 30ms ping matches now while using it. I tested this within 2 hours of each other across multiple days in the 3pm-5pm PST range. I know IPv6 doesn't work well with DumaOS at the moment, but could someone explain the technical reason why this is working? I went an entire day with is disabled again and I never saw lower than 90ms ping. Re-enable and I was back down the 60ms in my next match..

Proof it works. I took this with it enabled.

LowPing2.png

On 7/25/2020 at 5:18 AM, Bert said:

I believe I am getting lost UDP packets as well. Ping is fine but my hit reg/hit detection is so off that something has to be off. How can I fix this? Measure it or?

On 8/3/2020 at 2:14 AM, WilliamCL57 said:

I have found that enabling IPv6 is actually allowing me to connect with pings around 50ms less than usual. 120ms average ->60-70ms average. I don't understand why this is happening, but disabling it returns to the high ping. Neither CoD MW or PS4 officially support IPv6, so could this be the proxy servers that are used to connect to Warzone causing this improvement? I have also gotten 30ms ping matches now while using it. I tested this within 2 hours of each other across multiple days in the 3pm-5pm PST range. I know IPv6 doesn't work well with DumaOS at the moment, but could someone explain the technical reason why this is working? I went an entire day with is disabled again and I never saw lower than 90ms ping. Re-enable and I was back down the 60ms in my next match..

Proof it works. I took this with it enabled.

LowPing2.png

So.. i tried this.. i dont Use a Dumaos Router at the Moment..i use a edgerouter and the past 2 days i tried to enable ipv6 with the prefix Delegation.. its really Not that easy and i need many Google searches for it

But now i have finally ipv6 enabled.

With ipv6 enabled the gameplay seems to be a little bit smoother.. but nothing i would Call a gamechanger.. MS Ping stays about the Same.. but i Always get pings from 20-40ms from the start.

But i Connect faster to a Server.. matchmarking seems faster..

and i See all Players in the Lobby menu walking.. befor ipv6 i Always See Like 2-3 people Walking in the start of the Match.

Maybe some Servers/Hops are in the ipv6 range and get some 4to6 tunnels

Guest Cussiv

I would mostly say its the game and players you play against, what settings he uses and what kinda ”lag comp” he gets with his router. I noticed that my old settings works great in the morning and afternoon but at night time I get melted. Tried experimenting with same settings and different firmware. Same shit. I changed my settings and guess what? It started to work!

D2BB5B4B-9484-40F2-8779-493BD98086AA.jpeg

8389118A-6760-445D-B1B3-90390870AEAD.jpeg

FF92E46C-A039-4397-958F-E9147FD29C0E.jpeg

C1953CD1-4E23-4BC5-B266-CC127315824D.jpeg

11C60C61-D51C-4446-990E-94E2DE8B4371.jpeg

I have to agree some what to the OP.  There is nothing wrong with the router(s).  When it comes to COD it's an issue on their end. 

Without changing my settings I've experienced times when I could tell I was lagging.  Other matches I was unstoppable.  My play style hasn't changed on the the server/match I'm in has changed.  There were times were claymores and betties only did 1/2 damage to me.  And I've seen it happen to others I've laid them down for.  Sometimes I can run pass them without any damage.  Other times I cannot. 

21 hours ago, East said:

I have to agree some what to the OP.  There is nothing wrong with the router(s).  When it comes to COD it's an issue on their end. 

Without changing my settings I've experienced times when I could tell I was lagging.  Other matches I was unstoppable.  My play style hasn't changed on the the server/match I'm in has changed.  There were times were claymores and betties only did 1/2 damage to me.  And I've seen it happen to others I've laid them down for.  Sometimes I can run pass them without any damage.  Other times I cannot. 

I hear ya. SO many times an enemy has crouch walked thru my claymore/prox mine and didn't set it off.

Other times I walk thru a claymore and it only stuns me... and I don't use E.O.D on any class.

Then theres the time I was about to get a nuke and an enemy set off my prox mine that was nowhere near me... yet it killed me.

21 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

I hear ya. SO many times an enemy has crouch walked thru my claymore/prox mine and didn't set it off.

Other times I walk thru a claymore and it only stuns me... and I don't use E.O.D on any class.

Then theres the time I was about to get a nuke and an enemy set off my prox mine that was nowhere near me... yet it killed me.

I've had that happen! So frustrating!