The problems of the game are not in the NETDUMA routers or in other routers.

Phantomblu

On 7/23/2020 at 10:39 PM, Phantomblu said:

I found out long story short that the problem is congestion at the nodes before getting to the game servers. This door congestion has packet delays. Beware delays, not loss. The field tests I did by connecting to Mudfish Proxy choosing the nodes to be tested .Netduma routers are not the cause. However, instead of giving precedence to the UDP protocol I gave precedence to TCP and I had a more than positive response . It was time.

Congestion Control on DumaOS is designed to fix the packet queuing problem. I'll explain how it works below. Apologies for the long post but it sounds like you want a more in-depth explanation.

The Congestion Control  slider will essentially reduce your bandwidth, which on its own would be useless, but when combined with Traffic Prioritization, it becomes a powerful tool. It may seem counter-intuitive to reduce your bandwidth when you're attempting to reduce your ping, but it makes sense when you understand why we're doing it.

Somewhere along the line between your router and the server you're trying to connect to, there will be a bottleneck where traffic is having to queue. This means that traffic is being delayed because of a factor outside of your home, and therefore outside of your control. The idea behind Congestion Control is that, by reducing your bandwidth slightly, the bottleneck moves from outside of your home to inside your home. Now that the bottleneck is on your router, you can manipulate the queue of traffic, moving the most important (time-sensitive) traffic to the front.

So, in order to have the best QoS setup, you need to use Congestion Control and Traffic Prioritization together. The first step is to add your gaming device to Traffic Prioritization using the correct profile. If you're using a games console, use the Games Console profile. If it's a PC, choose the specific game you're playing. If your game is not present, contact Netduma Support for advice. You have to be careful to prioritize as little as possible, because the more you prioritize, the less effective it will be.

For most people, DumaOS Classified Games will cover what they need, but it's always best to be as selective as possible. To be clear: DumaOS Classified Games covers all of the games in the profiles list, and all UDP traffic from Games Consoles.

If you want to experiment, you can choose to prioritize specific ports using the Advanced tab. This will not be as accurate as a custom DumaOS games profile, because we use advanced Deep Packet Inspection technology to pick out the exact packets for each game, but if we haven't yet got your game in the list, this is the next best thing.

In the Congestion Control side menu, you need to enter your maximum bandwidth values. I would suggest using the AUTO DETECT function when your internet connection is relatively idle, and at a non-peak time of day. You want to enter the best speeds you have ever recorded on your connection. It doesn't matter if it's a few Mb off, so feel free to round up to the nearest 10.

Now for the Congestion Control sliders. We have a new Auto Detection function feature in DumaOS 3.0 which will automate the process of finding the "sweet spot" on the sliders. Switch your Congestion Control sliders to Auto-Enable, then click Auto-Detect. You can choose to Prioritize Ping or to Prioritize Bandwidth. This option will adjust how aggressive the test is. I would suggest starting with Prioritize Ping, and if your bandwidth results are unreasonably low, try again with Prioritize Bandwidth.

The test will take a few minutes, and when it's done it will make a suggestion for slider placement. Once these values are saved/entered, your bandwidth will be reduced to this level when the rules you have entered in Traffic Prio are triggered. From this point onwards you shouldn't need to touch QoS very much, just make sure that Traffic Prio triggers when you play a game, and make sure that you're not experiencing lag anymore. If you are, try lowering the sliders a little bit more.

On 8/2/2020 at 8:14 PM, WilliamCL57 said:

I have found that enabling IPv6 is actually allowing me to connect with pings around 50ms less than usual. 120ms average ->60-70ms average. I don't understand why this is happening, but disabling it returns to the high ping. Neither CoD MW or PS4 officially support IPv6, so could this be the proxy servers that are used to connect to Warzone causing this improvement? I have also gotten 30ms ping matches now while using it. I tested this within 2 hours of each other across multiple days in the 3pm-5pm PST range. I know IPv6 doesn't work well with DumaOS at the moment, but could someone explain the technical reason why this is working? I went an entire day with is disabled again and I never saw lower than 90ms ping. Re-enable and I was back down the 60ms in my next match..

Proof it works. I took this with it enabled.

LowPing2.png

i wanna try this on my xr300 to see if i get a ping lower than 60

The issue I feel with the xr300 is that the light ticks on and off randomly. It seems download and upload get measured at different times as well. Is the XR300 gunna get Duma os 3.0 whne XR500 gets it?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, fiefo said:

The issue I feel with the xr300 is that the light ticks on and off randomly. It seems download and upload get measured at different times as well. Is the XR300 gunna get Duma os 3.0 whne XR500 gets it?

The XR500 is in beta now so not exactly then but we are working hard to get it tested and released as soon as possible.

On 8/13/2020 at 4:55 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Congestion Control on DumaOS is designed to fix the packet queuing problem. I'll explain how it works below. Apologies for the long post but it sounds like you want a more in-depth explanation.

The Congestion Control  slider will essentially reduce your bandwidth, which on its own would be useless, but when combined with Traffic Prioritization, it becomes a powerful tool. It may seem counter-intuitive to reduce your bandwidth when you're attempting to reduce your ping, but it makes sense when you understand why we're doing it.

Somewhere along the line between your router and the server you're trying to connect to, there will be a bottleneck where traffic is having to queue. This means that traffic is being delayed because of a factor outside of your home, and therefore outside of your control. The idea behind Congestion Control is that, by reducing your bandwidth slightly, the bottleneck moves from outside of your home to inside your home. Now that the bottleneck is on your router, you can manipulate the queue of traffic, moving the most important (time-sensitive) traffic to the front.

So, in order to have the best QoS setup, you need to use Congestion Control and Traffic Prioritization together. The first step is to add your gaming device to Traffic Prioritization using the correct profile. If you're using a games console, use the Games Console profile. If it's a PC, choose the specific game you're playing. If your game is not present, contact Netduma Support for advice. You have to be careful to prioritize as little as possible, because the more you prioritize, the less effective it will be.

For most people, DumaOS Classified Games will cover what they need, but it's always best to be as selective as possible. To be clear: DumaOS Classified Games covers all of the games in the profiles list, and all UDP traffic from Games Consoles.

If you want to experiment, you can choose to prioritize specific ports using the Advanced tab. This will not be as accurate as a custom DumaOS games profile, because we use advanced Deep Packet Inspection technology to pick out the exact packets for each game, but if we haven't yet got your game in the list, this is the next best thing.

In the Congestion Control side menu, you need to enter your maximum bandwidth values. I would suggest using the AUTO DETECT function when your internet connection is relatively idle, and at a non-peak time of day. You want to enter the best speeds you have ever recorded on your connection. It doesn't matter if it's a few Mb off, so feel free to round up to the nearest 10.

Now for the Congestion Control sliders. We have a new Auto Detection function feature in DumaOS 3.0 which will automate the process of finding the "sweet spot" on the sliders. Switch your Congestion Control sliders to Auto-Enable, then click Auto-Detect. You can choose to Prioritize Ping or to Prioritize Bandwidth. This option will adjust how aggressive the test is. I would suggest starting with Prioritize Ping, and if your bandwidth results are unreasonably low, try again with Prioritize Bandwidth.

The test will take a few minutes, and when it's done it will make a suggestion for slider placement. Once these values are saved/entered, your bandwidth will be reduced to this level when the rules you have entered in Traffic Prio are triggered. From this point onwards you shouldn't need to touch QoS very much, just make sure that Traffic Prio triggers when you play a game, and make sure that you're not experiencing lag anymore. If you are, try lowering the sliders a little bit more.

Where is auto-enable ?

I just seen this thread  and i wanted to  say somthing

Cod modern wafare 2019  does indeed use  tcp ports

I have done a ot of testing  and always found it uses ports

Between these ranges  50000-65535 tcp

But these ports are for source port not destination unlike my previous ports i posted 

30000 -45000 udp   these was destination ports

Heres how you would write them into tp  if you want to

Source  start 50000 end 65535   destination start 3074 end 3075 protocol tcp

Very little sata goes through these ports 

If you look at traffic priortization  when playing cod

I just thought i would mention it to any one intrested

Guest Cussiv
10 hours ago, kinel said:

I just seen this thread  and i wanted to  say somthing

Cod modern wafare 2019  does indeed use  tcp ports

I have done a ot of testing  and always found it uses ports

Between these ranges  50000-65535 tcp

But these ports are for source port not destination unlike my previous ports i posted 

30000 -45000 udp   these was destination ports

Heres how you would write them into tp  if you want to

Source  start 50000 end 65535   destination start 3074 end 3075 protocol tcp

Very little sata goes through these ports 

If you look at traffic priortization  when playing cod

I just thought i would mention it to any one intrested

I used to have dst port 30000-45000  udp but I remember my friend said it was better when he 30000-65535 tcp/udp.

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, johnnytran said:

what's the difference between doing the ports vs having console added to traffic prio? isn't it easier just adding the console cause it would cover the ports needed?

Yes it is easier that way. Some people feel choosing the ports specifically gives them better gameplay.

7 hours ago, johnnytran said:

what's the difference between doing the ports vs having console added to traffic prio? isn't it easier just adding the console cause it would cover the ports needed?

Some of us here think it gives us better hit detection when we use custume ports

Becaucause we feel it narrows down the ammount of ports

As game console adds more  ports

But i think we only need a ceratain range of ports for best hit detection

Btw  johhnyran  i think  you helped me out ages ago  in anther forum

Headfi .Org 

It was to do with  astro a40  presets i think the user had same user name