Destiny 2 now using Steam Network Sockets

Nuyorrican

okay guys soo I loaded into an empty tower and this is what I personally did so far.

Get static IP's on both your xbox "im using 2 xbox one x" 

I made sure they were connected to my router via ethernet cable not wifi.

In my geo filter I added both xbox made them strict connections.

set my ping setting to 0 

blocked every server on the geo filter that I saw. "I'm located in NY"

loaded into an empty tower.

I ran out and just managed to give it one try when I get back I'm going to be running a few more test.

I personally don't think VPN is the solution.

but blocking these servers I managed to avoid even going into a full tower.

59 minutes ago, Saint-14 said:

No need for all the hostility we all have the same goal work together and if there is a way we will find it together F the haters

I have opened my discord server to discuss all this further dm me if anyone wants an invite

I would like an invitation 

2 hours ago, Shoulin said:

You are a real piece of work. All up in my DM’s giving it the humble touch and then posting the above. 

I was more than prepared to spell it out for everyone, all I asked was for a bit of patience whilst I could do a polished walk through blurring out my details. I’m not a video editor nor am I a streamer, so would have taken some time. 

I had lots of rude DM’s and users offering me money not to expose the new method. 

And yes my brother and I figured it out and he did the testing, and I came here to post a bit of hope and give back to the forum, as we tried other methods posted here.

you need to check yourself. 

I went back and read all the public responses people gave you. At this point I can only conclude you need a thicker skin and to stop drawing attention to yourself if you have no intention of actually contributing. Acting like a victim doesn't suit you or anyone well for that matter. UwU they where mean to me on the comments, at this point I don't think you can actually do what you claim.

13 minutes ago, dmg04 said:

I went back and read all the public responses people gave you. At this point I can only conclude you need a thicker skin and to stop drawing attention to yourself if you have no intention of actually contributing. Acting like a victim doesn't suit you or anyone well for that matter. UwU they where mean to me on the comments, at this point I don't think you can actually do what you claim.

Hmm, playing Billy big bollocks now. Vast contrast to your DM’s. Perhaps I should post them? 
I had every intention of helping and made a video to show it was working, so your claim is void. You didn’t get what you wanted and pouted. Shame on you. 
im happy with my work around, I’d be interested to hear how you got on? 

2 minutes ago, Shoulin said:

Hmm, playing Billy big bollocks now. Vast contrast to your DM’s. Perhaps I should post them? 
I had every intention of helping and made a video to show it was working, so your claim is void. You didn’t get what you wanted and pouted. Shame on you. 
im happy with my work around, I’d be interested to hear how you got on? 

The proof is indeed in the pudding, and I have yet to see any pudding 🤣

Shoulin come join the discord bud 

3 minutes ago, Saint-14 said:

The proof is indeed in the pudding, and I have yet to see any pudding 🤣

Shoulin come join the discord bud 

This forum is not the place for this.

They are very kind a decent people trying to help discord is the place.

8 hours ago, Saint-14 said:

If anyone wants to join my private discord to discuss this further DM me for an invite

Can I get an invite? I have tried a couple methods including using a vpn and my mac as a wifi hub and two Xboxs and that only resulted in searching on both sides. This does work for rumble though which is odd.

13 hours ago, ONEovFOUR said:

This forum is not the place for this.

They are very kind a decent people trying to help discord is the place.

This is the exact place for this discussion as we are using their tech. As well, they have said they are looking into the issue and will offer any help they can.

Some people are just rude af, the guy said “shoulin” will give a video to help people and gave a video of him able to match his other Xbox/ps/pc and people sit here moaning! Stuff takes time and everyone seems like they’re dying cuz they don’t know how to do it! To me that’s enough proof but can’t ever please anyone by the looks of it! :(

@Netduma Fraser good morning.

May I ask how your testing is progressing re: Destiny 2 and geo filtering on Xbox since Thursdays implementation of relay servers? 

A few of us are trying to work through this. We tested that the geo filter even placed directly over a relay server that isn't closest will always relay us back to the the relay server that is closest to my location. The only difference is when we physically block the IP of the relay server we don't want to connect to, this allows us to load into strikes and tower on our own, for a while.   

So I don't think the geofilter is blocking the relay servers IPs (if that's how it works) and NetDumaOS doesn't actually give any net benefit to not using it. 

Hope this makes sense :)

Jones.

Edit: also hybrid VPN doesn't work with relay servers, it knows our locations and match makes us with people from our region even though we are passing througha AUS server (for example). 

11 hours ago, ktaylor2 said:

Bene, come richiesto, ho inviato a Shoulin un link al suo video. Senza risposta. Sarei un invito alla discordia per continuare a discuterne.

Potresti mandare anche a me il video ed il link per favore? 

3 hours ago, Old Man Spetz said:

This is the exact place for this discussion as we are using their tech. As well, they have said they are looking into the issue and will offer any help they can.

They do no condone boosting also this can easily been seen by any body at bungie.they cant fix this use your brain a bit dude.

I think they say they are looking into it for damage control, netduma hasn't worked on PC Destiny for a year, no changes, I can't say I blame them, confirming it's a paper weight for Destiny 2 will prevent a lot of sales. Currently Geo filter doesn't work not even for servers, hybrid VPN doesn't work, for Destiny 2, those of us who test this constantly know it's just a good wifi router now with an annoying buggy Qos, my God I hate how buggy Qos is.

12 minutes ago, Chopman said:

I think they say they are looking into it for damage control, netduma hasn't worked on PC Destiny for a year, no changes, I can't say I blame them, confirming it's a paper weight for Destiny 2 will prevent a lot of sales. Currently Geo filter doesn't work not even for servers, hybrid VPN doesn't work, for Destiny 2, those of us who test this constantly know it's just a good wifi router now with an annoying buggy Qos, my God I hate how buggy Qos is.

not here to argue cant be bothered like feel your points.

What problem did you have with the vpn?destiny aside.

For me my connection to Destiny for pvp has never been better ok i cant use geo filter but thats down to the ddos scrubs in the game lol