Destiny 2 now using Steam Network Sockets

Nuyorrican

7 minutes ago, dmg04 said:

1. Open Hybrid VPN

2. Set your credentials on the VPN Setup -> Advance tab

3. Select any country that is far away from your location

4. Go to GeoFilter and set the radius to the lowest but instead of the ocean on the country you choose

Attached below is a screenshot were I managed to get 3 of my accounts into the same Rumble lobby.

Next steps are finding a way to block everyone but your two consoles, perhaps using the MAC Address or IP (theorising)

image.png

Since my router is due to be delivered in the next day or two I can't see the settings or play around in them. However, I just had a thought.

Using 2 connections, 2 routers, and 2 xbox's...Is there a white list setting that would allow one to add the others IP (and vice versa) and then block everything else. Then, following your steps above, set each systems vpn to the same country and the geofilter to the same...

Am I just typing idiocy here or am I onto something?

3 minutes ago, Old Man Spetz said:

Since my router is due to be delivered in the next day or two I can't see the settings or play around in them. However, I just had a thought.

Using 2 connections, 2 routers, and 2 xbox's...Is there a white list setting that would allow one to add the others IP (and vice versa) and then block everything else. Then, following your steps above, set each systems vpn to the same country and the geofilter to the same...

The problem with filtering by ip is all the traffic is routed through the steam relay. You only see the steam relay servers ip. To me this seems like it needs more of a setup to block connections and have a bridged connection allowing the two devices to communicate. 

1 minute ago, Wynd said:

The problem with filtering by ip is all the traffic is routed through the steam relay. You only see the steam relay servers ip. To me this seems like it needs more of a setup to block connections and have a bridged connection allowing the two devices to communicate. 

Isn't there a program that can show you all the traffic heading your way, allowing you to see and block everything that you don't want to allow in?

2 minutes ago, Old Man Spetz said:

Isn't there a program that can show you all the traffic heading your way, allowing you to see and block everything that you don't want to allow in?

Yeah, wireshark I think.

4 minutes ago, Wynd said:

If there's no program allowing you to pick and choose, wouldn't port forwarding with Bungies settings then allow both of the connections/routers to connect with bungie AND the two routers?

12 minutes ago, Old Man Spetz said:

I am not a 100% sure but having two routers or just one shouldn't matter. IPs are assigned to devices after all

1 minute ago, Old Man Spetz said:

I was actually talking about having 2 connections and 2 routers, white listing each other.

That's the main problem now, you can't tell who is who to white list since all connections come up as the steam relay server. 

1 minute ago, Wynd said:

That's the main problem now, you can't tell who is who to white list since all connections come up as the steam relay server. 

That's why I was asking about the program to reveal the traffic.

It's been ages since I knew what I was doing with networking and such so these are all just brainstorming.

so the bridge connection you are talking about is as follows. grab a laptop, use an online guide for connection your two main xboxes to it. setup the laptop as a wifi hub. set a vpn on the laptop to anywhere alone. connect and try to match make. test out the settings and report back. its currently something im working on. talked to a few friends that are boosters and theey seem to be having good luck with it. this is somewhat the method the other guy was using too before he jumped out of here. 

1 minute ago, fromtheinner said:

so the bridge connection you are talking about is as follows. grab a laptop, use an online guide for connection your two main xboxes to it. setup the laptop as a wifi hub. set a vpn on the laptop to anywhere alone. connect and try to match make. test out the settings and report back. its currently something im working on. talked to a few friends that are boosters and theey seem to be having good luck with it. this is somewhat the method the other guy was using too before he jumped out of here. 

So I wasn't just spouting insanity? Still got it!!! lol Alright, well, my brain hurts so I am going to go play Outriders. Once I get my router I'll start playing with it and see if I can do what you just said.

1 minute ago, dmg04 said:

What is we leverage this to manually deny all servers but the one we want to use?

image.png.48a45f55ea9778e617a1bbd244ea8c5e.png

Knowing what all locations steam has these relay servers at would be useful. Blocking them could certainly help but would still be reliant on no one else in that area playing the game. 

6 minutes ago, dmg04 said:

So I went and blocked all servers I could find (found 3) with the exception of the one closest to my VPN location image.png.763d70acf3ce3e616dd5b301a9ba8579.png

I loaded into the Tower and behold, its me and me:

image.png.47fcdc735c912626462121cb4f4aaa70.png

image.thumb.png.4210ccbb49bd6f809f84e950554993cf.png

you may be onto something. where do you even see the servers? some are xbox live features like party chat.

9 minutes ago, dmg04 said:

So I went and blocked all servers I could find (found 3) with the exception of the one closest to my VPN location image.png.763d70acf3ce3e616dd5b301a9ba8579.png

I loaded into the Tower and behold, its me and me:

image.png.47fcdc735c912626462121cb4f4aaa70.png

image.thumb.png.4210ccbb49bd6f809f84e950554993cf.png

Very nice could you send me the ips you blocked? Going to test it on pc. I don't have the router yet and am going to test with the firewall blocking it is why im asking :)

5 minutes ago, fromtheinner said:

you may be onto something. where do you even see the servers? some are xbox live features like party chat.

geofilter map, for what is worth I am also in a party chat with some friends.

6 minutes ago, Wynd said:

Very nice could you send me the ips you blocked? Going to test it on pc. I don't have the router yet and am going to test with the firewall blocking it is why im asking :)

I will as soon as I am done testing this, my IU is all laggy for some reason.

1 minute ago, fromtheinner said:

what do they look like? im having issues seeing them

image.png.21e9a057f71b1e4db64312f99b78b602.png

The rectangles on the map

Some useful reminders for those testing configs:

Spectating Mode: Does not restrict servers in any way, you will connect to whatever server the game wants you to. You can see servers/peers on the map and ping them.

Filtering Mode: Restricts games based on your settings.

Strict Mode enabled: Restricts both servers and peers to within your radius

Strict Mode disabled: Restricts peers to within your radius but allows servers outside the radius

By default Strict Mode is on to provide the most restrictive filtering.