Destiny 2 now using Steam Network Sockets

Nuyorrican

I saw the video its just him showing VPN turned on and then he moves the camera to two other screens showing they can see each other with the match making.  It sits at 2/6 and doesn't find anyone else.  Judging by the video im not sure hes even able to connect to other people at all aka be able to fill the teams to actually do any win trading or if hes just blocking ports to the point only devices on his network can see each other which isn't exactly useful unless you have 6 consoles/pcs. He doesn't test it enough or provide enough information to show if its viable or not.

Just now, Wynd said:

I saw the video its just him showing VPN turned on and then he moves the camera to two other screens showing they can see each other with the match making.  It sits at 2/6 and doesn't find anyone else.  Judging by the video im not sure hes even able to connect to other people at all aka be able to fill the teams to actually do any win trading or if hes just blocking ports to the point only devices on his network can see each other which isn't exactly useful unless you have 6 consoles/pcs. He doesn't test it enough or provide enough information to show if its viable or not.

I mean... when you do a ghost lobby you're supposed to have two full teams on each console anyway. Of course it is going to hang on 2/6 that is the whole point, most people get friends to sit on either team. So basically what he is saying is what most people here need, I haven't had a chance to see the video as it is set to private but I am looking forward to it.

1 minute ago, dmg04 said:

I mean... when you do a ghost lobby you're supposed to have two full teams on each console anyway. Of course it is going to hang on 2/6 that is the whole point, most people get friends to sit on either team. So basically what he is saying is what most people here need, I haven't had a chance to see the video as it is set to private but I am looking forward to it.

My point is there is no proof a friend can actually connect to him atm.  Currently he shows two devices on the same network can see each other but no one else.  Is what hes doing making it so even his friends wouldn't be able to connect to him as well?  There no way to know currently.

If I am able to replicate what he is doing once I see the video I can test if it still works. I got enough consoles to fill 2 fireteams of 3 each.

My buddy has been able to get 1 fireteam of 3 at the tower by ourselves. But when we try to get the two teams together at the tower, we end up with us there but also others. As for matchmaking, it sits at 3/6 and never connects. 

7 minutes ago, Wynd said:

Was he solo in matchmaking and it shows 2/6 or were they together showing 2/6? That would help me out a lot.

4 minutes ago, dmg04 said:

If I am able to replicate what he is doing once I see the video I can test if it still works. I got enough consoles to fill 2 fireteams of 3 each.

You aren't listening.  He set the video private because it included nothing.  He had the VPN box turned on, with no actual vpn settings to any device.  Literally said N/A as in he didnt have a VPN added to it.  It was him aiming a blurry camera at the netduma setting windows showing he turned the VPN box on and then he aims it at the two monitors.  There is no settings to get from it.

Just now, Wynd said:

You aren't listening.  He set the video private because it included nothing.  He had the VPN box turned on, with no actual vpn settings to any device.  Literally said N/A as in he didnt have a VPN added to it.  It was him aiming a blurry camera at the netduma setting windows showing he turned the VPN box on and then he aims it at the two monitors.  There is no settings to get from it.

Well that is unfortunate.

1 minute ago, Leafee said:

Was he solo in matchmaking and it shows 2/6 or were they together showing 2/6? That would help me out a lot.

He has the camera aimed at one screen, he presses to launch the que.  It goes to 2/6 then he pans the camera to the other screen to show its also at 2/6 and then he shows that it sits at 2/6 and no one else is able to join it.  He makes it a point to never show his character names for obvious reasons and you only see one of the screens press to que.

2 minutes ago, Wynd said:

lol

1 minute ago, ONEovFOUR said:

lol

Yes i know its amusing people keep going on about this video like its going to give all these answers.  Literally a guy turning on hybrid VPN and it lets two of his devices in the same LAN connect to each other.

1 minute ago, Wynd said:

He has the camera aimed at one screen, he presses to launch the que.  It goes to 2/6 then he pans the camera to the other screen to show its also at 2/6 and then he shows that it sits at 2/6 and no one else is able to join it.  He makes it a point to never show his character names for obvious reasons and you only see one of the screens press to que.

One of the Xbox lobby guys on LFG, offering the services, said "I have my own server" when I asked how he was able to run ghost lobbies with the changes. After I asked how he shut it down and said "why would I tell you?" My answer of all of us needing a helping hand at some point wasn't convincing enough.

Just now, Old Man Spetz said:

One of the Xbox lobby guys on LFG, offering the services, said "I have my own server" when I asked how he was able to run ghost lobbies with the changes. After I asked how he shut it down and said "why would I tell you?" My answer of all of us needing a helping hand at some point wasn't convincing enough.

Out of the things I have done in a lot of these communities, this being a throw away acc, this is a very hush hush weird touchy subject for everyone. I don't get it. 

Just now, Leafee said:

Out of the things I have done in a lot of these communities, this being a throw away acc, this is a very hush hush weird touchy subject for everyone. I don't get it. 

I do its called £££

5 minutes ago, Wynd said:

What I need to see is if he ques in both Xbox consoles separately, not in the same fireteam and they still find eachother. I will wait for him to show me. Maybe it’ll show more in the next video he said he will make after the Easter holiday.

Just now, flwlsscrries said:

What I need to see is if he ques in both Xbox consoles separately, not in the same fireteam and they still find eachother. I will wait for him to show me. Maybe it’ll show more in the next video he said he will make after the Easter holiday.

I'm pretty sure it did say 1/6 then 2/6 as in they found each other.  It wasn't him queing a fireteam of 2 i don't think.

6 minutes ago, Old Man Spetz said:

I'll never trust someone who says he has his own server, I am pretty sure that is not how this works. Sometimes I wish I had gone with IT instead of Software Development haha

There is a guy selling the service on PC.  My friend bought it and described it to me.  The guy is claiming hes doing it based on steamid filtering of some sorts.  This is clearly nonsense though considering the guy still had to cancel the que repeatedly to dodge the wrong teams.  If he had actual steamid filtering that wouldn't of occurred and it would of always been the correct team.  To me it seems its people in areas where virtually no one plays just watching the ques and leaving if their screens don't match up.  If you play in a very remote area or VPN to one i could see this working depending on how steam relay servers function.  Like for instance if someone is playing from america and someone else is playing from russia.  Do the relay servers communicate with each other like:

person->steam relay server in america->steam relay server near russia->person

or

person->steam relay server america->person

If they don't communicate with each other and its just person->relay->person i could see a geofilter + being very remote working to some degree.

I'll never trust someone who says he has his own server, I am pretty sure that is not how this works. Sometimes I wish I had gone with IT instead of Software Development haha

You guys will never be able to stop this sort of thing until the game is no longer peer to peer haha.

On 3/11/2020 at 1:48 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Someone else has mentioned to us that it's not working correctly now with the Geo-Filter, have you seen this same behaviour? I'll be asking the team to test.

I just realized it has been at least one year since the original request. I hope the team makes an official statement soon seeing how this topic has become one of the hottest in this forum in ages.  At this rate it will dwarf all other topics and questions.

I just realized it has been at least one year since the original request. I hope the team makes an official statement soon seeing how this topic has become one of the hottest in this forum in ages.  At this rate it will dwarf all other topics and questions.

True. lol

2 minutes ago, Wynd said:

There is a guy selling the service on PC.  My friend bought it and described it to me.  The guy is claiming hes doing it based on steamid filtering of some sorts.  This is clearly nonsense though considering the guy still had to cancel the que repeatedly to dodge the wrong teams.  If he had actual steamid filtering that wouldn't of occurred and it would of always been the correct team.  To me it seems its people in areas where virtually no one plays just watching the ques and leaving if their screens don't match up.  If you play in a very remote area or VPN to one i could see this working depending on how steam relay servers function.  Like for instance if someone is playing from america and someone else is playing from russia.  Do the relay servers communicate with each other like:

person->steam relay server in america->steam relay server near russia->person

or

person->steam relay server america->person

If they don't communicate with each other and its just person->relay->person i could see a geofilter + being very remote working to some degree.

That is very annoying, the old method took around 20 minutes to complete a full card if one team was accruing wins and the other team always reseted a card. So not only if the "new" method slower but it also requires more engagement from the person setting it up ;/

1 minute ago, Leafee said:

True. lol

That moment when you realize your company is build upon people wanting to play with themselves (hehe) on D2. I had a lot of people ask me about how it was done and I referred them here, not it seems they better wait and see if it will be feasible.

34 minutes ago, Wynd said:

only useful if you have 6 consoles... which i have.. xD

send me the link please?