Destiny 2 now using Steam Network Sockets

Nuyorrican

4 minutes ago, Shoulin said:

I’m really disappointed.

I made it clear the video was crude and lacking info as I didn’t have the time to edit the video properly and blur out my personal details. I did the video very quickly to satisfy the many pleas for help I had. I had two accounts on different consoles matchmake against each either. There was nobody else in the Fireteams, so that’s why it showed 1/6 and the 2/6 and it stopped there. The idea was to show that both consoles could locate each other. People could have joined my fireteam before matchmaking but I didn’t have time to invite anyone and explain what I was doing. Plus I’m not sure how many ppl would have been happy for their onscreen id’s to be filmed.

it’s funny the people who have “politely” asked for help are the ones who have heavily criticised me. 

it seems in my absence some expect it all to be laid out on plate, despite me saying I’d make a full tutorial once I was available, And have rubbished what I provided, which was simply a stop gap. 

I’m not inclined to indulge any further info. Go and figure it out yourself like I did. 

I get what you are saying but at the same time you showed an unconfigured enabled Hybrid VPN page then showed it working.  I don't exactly understand what the reason was for that?  As for people criticizing you...I simply said that theres nothing to show that people outside the network can also join your fireteams.  You set it private for some reason so i told people what was shown. I assume others can join and you can properly win trade going by the video but it wasn't entirely shown.

2 minutes ago, Shoulin said:

I’m really disappointed.

I made it clear the video was crude and lacking info as I didn’t have the time to edit the video properly and blur out my personal details. I did the video very quickly to satisfy the many pleas for help I had. I had two accounts on different consoles matchmake against each either. There was nobody else in the Fireteams, so that’s why it showed 1/6 and the 2/6 and it stopped there. The idea was to show that both consoles could locate each other. People could have joined my fireteam before matchmaking but I didn’t have time to invite anyone and explain what I was doing. Plus I’m not sure how many ppl would have been happy for their onscreen id’s to be filmed.

it’s funny the people who have “politely” asked for help are the ones who have heavily criticised me. 

it seems in my absence some expect it all to be laid out on plate, despite me saying I’d make a full tutorial once I was available, And have rubbished what I provided, which was simply a stop gap. 

I’m not inclined to indulge any further info. Go and figure it out yourself like I did. 

youre fine dude. the normies dont know how to wait and some people online are rude naturally because we dont know who they are. and also people do not know how to read either lol. take your time

2 minutes ago, Wynd said:

I get what you are saying but at the same time you showed an unconfigured enabled Hybrid VPN page then showed it working.  I don't exactly understand what the reason was for that?

for proof. when he gets the time, hell upload the way to do it lol. 

3 minutes ago, Shoulin said:

I’m really disappointed.

Well now I am disappointed. I was really looking forward to see how it was done. With all due respect I don't think anyone here was being critical of yourself, someone commented something but reading it over again I fail to see it as a mayor offense. Anyway, I understand if you are done with the topic.

4 minutes ago, fromtheinner said:

youre fine dude. the normies dont know how to wait and some people online are rude naturally because we dont know who they are. and also people do not know how to read either lol. take your time

There is not time to be taken here, he said he is done so I guess its up to the rest of us too figure something out.

5 minutes ago, Shoulin said:

I’m really disappointed.

Well, there are those of us that are just thankful for any help offered. But, it's understandable if you decide not to. 

13 minutes ago, Wynd said:

I get what you are saying but at the same time you showed an unconfigured enabled Hybrid VPN page then showed it working.  I don't exactly understand what the reason was for that?  As for people criticizing you...I simply said that theres nothing to show that people outside the network can also join your fireteams.  You set it private for some reason so i told people what was shown. I assume others can join and you can properly win trade going by the video but it wasn't entirely shown.

Well that suggests to me that you didnt know how it worked before the introduction of SDR. And as I’ve said it was a rushed crude video to show matchmaking 2 consoles could be done. If you can do that part, then you would know the rest is straightforward. Especially in regards to ppl joining you. I set it to private once I read the negative comments on the thread and my inbox. 

to anyone genuine here; I’m very sorry but I’m not inclined to help any further. We worked it out , so I’m sure you will as well. I politely request not nobody DM me asking for help. I will not respond any further. Best of my luck to you all. 

3 minutes ago, Shoulin said:

Well that suggests to me that you didnt know how it worked before the introduction of SDR. And as I’ve said it was a rushed crude video to show matchmaking 2 consoles could be done. If you can do that part, then you would know the rest is straightforward. Especially in regards to ppl joining you. I set it to private once I read the negative comments on the thread and my inbox. 

to anyone genuine here; I’m very sorry but I’m not inclined to help any further. We worked it out , so I’m sure you will as well. I politely request not nobody DM me asking for help. I will not respond any further. Best of my luck to you all. 

What negative comments? Did you want all the people spam messaging you about the video?  I simply told people what was in the video so they would stop asking for it.  I never insulted it or said it didn't work.  I just simply said i didn't know if outside people were able to join your fireteam since i did not see that occur in the video.  No one is trying to insult you.

43 minutes ago, Old Man Spetz said:

I'm almost positive I have used your services before. Even asked about the cost of you teaching and offering a package deal with everything needed. Pretty sure that was you.

You did with me and asked how I did it and offered to pay to know. But as I recall my price for the info was higher than you wanted to spend. No bad feelings here

9 minutes ago, Shoulin said:

well fuck. that sucks. guess its on to more testing. to whomever was pushing that bullshit, shame on you. ruining it for the rest of us. 

9 minutes ago, Shoulin said:

That's unfortunate. Was really looking forward to the help. Le sigh...

36 minutes ago, Shoulin said:

I’m really disappointed.

I totally understand. I hope my one comment on wondering if it was 2 separate consoles finding eachother didn’t bother. I’m glad you can make it work. I’d still love help and am still willing to pay. Let me know, and thanks for the help so far in your posts and comments.

3 minutes ago, flwlsscrries said:

Dang! I can’t seem to open the images!

Well, I can tell you, it's a beautiful setup. 6 Xbox's in an enclosed, and I would have to guess well cooled, server rack. Makes me wish I was part of the early group too. Some people got all the luck lol.

To be honest I am not sure he was actually going to share the details, there is always someone acting all high and might and important, holding a piece of information or whatever over the rest like a meager morsel over starving dogs. If this can be done we can figure it out, I'll be conducting test for the next couple hours and if I find the how to I'll put a post here detailing step by step how to do it, screw being all sensitive over a couple of comments.

4 minutes ago, Moe69 said:

openVPN is just the software, not the provider.

there are many different vpn providers, but no one should wonder why they are not disclosed. i think i know which one he uses, that would also explain the location in the netherlands, where there are many other servers right next to it that are well visited. Can not comment on this exactly, unfortunately, because here again there is the danger that the servers are subsequently overrun and ultimately good for nothing. I mean as long as everyone deactivates vpn when you do not need it, it's all no problem. But there are enough lazy people who make these settings once and then never enter the web interface again. and then these players are permanently in the public pool.

Then why mention it? 🤔

1. Open Hybrid VPN

2. Set your credentials on the VPN Setup -> Advance tab

3. Select any country that is far away from your location

4. Go to GeoFilter and set the radius to the lowest but instead of the ocean on the country you choose

Attached below is a screenshot were I managed to get 3 of my accounts (same clan ending in NS) into the same Rumble lobby.

Next steps are finding a way to block everyone but your two consoles, perhaps using the MAC Address or IP (theorising)

image.png

28 minutes ago, dmg04 said:

To be honest I am not sure he was actually going to share the details, there is always someone acting all high and might and important, holding a piece of information or whatever over the rest like a meager morsel over starving dogs. If this can be done we can figure it out, I'll be conducting test for the next couple hours and if I find the how to I'll put a post here detailing step by step how to do it, screw being all sensitive over a couple of comments.

Thanks bro I appreciate it