Destiny 2 now using Steam Network Sockets

Nuyorrican

Remember guys we have a discord running with lots of people working on this, if you would like an invitation to come join just send me a personal message (quickest way) or ask in this thread and when I see it I will send an invite to your inbox.

Don't get me wrong its a good router, but it's software features are poor and getting worse for some games, I get better results with the software when its factory config. The hybrid VPN at least on my x500 makes me constantly reset my router before it will work with any of my devices, I expect more plug and play, using it's features becomes a chore with constant resets to get things working properly or going backwards on updates. With all that said I do like it, I guess my frustration comes from poor software updates and software function. Qos being one with it constantly copying my devices and not doing what I ask it to while also lowering my speeds against my will even when turned off, A problem I do not have with my older router.

4 minutes ago, Chopman said:

Don't get me wrong its a good router, but it's software features are poor and getting worse for some games, I get better results with the software when its factory config. The hybrid VPN at least on my x500 makes me constantly reset my router before it will work with any of my devices, I expect more plug and play, using it's features becomes a chore with constant resets to get things working properly or going backwards on updates. With all that said I do like it, I guess my frustration comes from poor software updates and software function. Qos being one with it constantly copying my devices and not doing what I ask it to while also lowering my speeds against my will even when turned off, A problem I do not have with my older router.

I understand now we are on different routers im on the R2 i did have some difficulty's setting up my vpn but after than it was fine.

I know nothing of the x500 but i be leave that the issues with the R2 are mainly because its a new ish product but i am a big fan of NETDUMA.

16 minutes ago, ONEovFOUR said:

I understand now we are on different routers im on the R2 i did have some difficulty's setting up my vpn but after than it was fine.

I know nothing of the x500 but i be leave that the issues with the R2 are mainly because its a new ish product but i am a big fan of NETDUMA.

I used to be, l loved how it used to work, maybe I am not longer supported? Lol.

Hybrid 

2 hours ago, ONEovFOUR said:

not here to argue cant be bothered like feel your points.

What problem did you have with the vpn?destiny aside.

For me my connection to Destiny for pvp has never been better ok i cant use geo filter but thats down to the ddos scrubs in the game lol

Hybrid VPN works in that it route you through a server of your choice, however the steam relay servers recognise that you are from a different region and will match you against people from that region. You can test it if you like, set up a hybrid vpn in egypt and you will be matched with people in europe (i even messaged people after the game to ask their location). SO basically the relay severs make the hybrid vpn function redundant.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, lmjones1uk said:

@Netduma Fraser good morning.

May I ask how your testing is progressing re: Destiny 2 and geo filtering on Xbox since Thursdays implementation of relay servers? 

A few of us are trying to work through this. We tested that the geo filter even placed directly over a relay server that isn't closest will always relay us back to the the relay server that is closest to my location. The only difference is when we physically block the IP of the relay server we don't want to connect to, this allows us to load into strikes and tower on our own, for a while.   

So I don't think the geofilter is blocking the relay servers IPs (if that's how it works) and NetDumaOS doesn't actually give any net benefit to not using it. 

Hope this makes sense :)

Jones.

Edit: also hybrid VPN doesn't work with relay servers, it knows our locations and match makes us with people from our region even though we are passing througha AUS server (for example). 

Thanks for the info, I've passed it on to the team.

I'm getting some feedback about it at the moment and trying to get a full picture before I let people know as it's just preliminary.

1 hour ago, lmjones1uk said:

Hybrid 

Hybrid VPN works in that it route you through a server of your choice, however the steam relay servers recognise that you are from a different region and will match you against people from that region. You can test it if you like, set up a hybrid vpn in egypt and you will be matched with people in europe (i even messaged people after the game to ask their location). SO basically the relay severs make the hybrid vpn function redundant.

Sorry dude you miss understand im more than aware whats happening with Destiny i thought the op was having setup issues of a different kind.

i thank you for the reply though

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the info, I've passed it on to the team.

I'm getting some feedback about it at the moment and trying to get a full picture before I let people know as it's just preliminary.

Would it be helpful to have a list of servers to block? I've started blocking them all manually but it is time consuming. Seems to be blocking them though.

10 hours ago, ONEovFOUR said:

They do no condone boosting also this can easily been seen by any body at bungie.they cant fix this use your brain a bit dude.

Let's keep the petty insults out of the discussion please. It doesn't matter if "they don't condone boosting"; they've seen what we have talked about and said that they didn't intend people to use their tech in this way, but that they would look into it. We aren't breaking laws here...It's not illegal. As for Bungie, they said a while back that they know about ghost lobbies but that it doesn't go against their ToS so far as people aren't hurting other peoples gameplay (like the Ddos chumps). 

So yeah, this is the best place for this discussion.

🤣 good luck to you dude if i can still be a child at my age im happy thank you.

Seriously though they are trying hard over there take a look and here to dude.

7 hours ago, hungry110 said:

Would it be helpful to have a list of servers to block? I've started blocking them all manually but it is time consuming. Seems to be blocking them though.

I'm looking to have low pings in my Destiny PVP games.. Is that what you are doing by blocking the servers? Or are you trying to do other things?

I was using Netlimiter 4 today, I get a huge list of Ips when in a control game. I think they are the steam servers form around the world even though I have a geo filter on for a small region and 1 server in Oklahoma.

On 4/5/2021 at 11:37 PM, lmjones1uk said:

Do you need 2x different IPs one for each laptop? If so this can be done using VPNs. What technique were you wanting to try?

It still kinda works but not as it once did. All would would work without a VPN. The problem is Steam hides our IP's with the websockets and now I can't see when I match my team and make the ghost lobby.

17 hours ago, Saint-14 said:

Remember guys we have a discord running with lots of people working on this, if you would like an invitation to come join just send me a personal message (quickest way) or ask in this thread and when I see it I will send an invite to your inbox.

hey bro can you send me discord link please thanks

32 minutes ago, nazgul24 said:

And, how do you do?... Its in xbox?. 

Worked in elimination which is the closest thing to trials and will be trying it properly tonight in trials. If you are part of the discord group then it's all there in the testing channel. I'm not going to share anything on here as its public domain and you never know who is reading this *cough* bungie *cough*

Yes xbox. But can't see why it wouldn't work with psn or steam.

35 minutes ago, lmjones1uk said:

Worked in elimination which is the closest thing to trials and will be trying it properly tonight in trials. If you are part of the discord group then it's all there in the testing channel. I'm not going to share anything on here as its public domain and you never know who is reading this *cough* bungie *cough*

Yes xbox. But can't see why it wouldn't work with psn or steam.

Can you invite me to the discord please?