I give up

dustyh1981

I have had this XR500 router for three months. I have read every post, watched every video I can find, tweaked every setting from one extreme to another and I have yet to see any benefit of owning this router. My ping times have not improved 25-35ms, the quality of my game play has not improved, hit detection is non existent I may as well be shooting limp spaghetti at the enemy. I swear its like everyone has a half second advantage over me. Ill be the first to admit I suck at the game but I am loosing in situations where I clearly have the upper hand.  I have got behind people and shot them in the back just to watch them turn around and melt me instantly. At this point I am sick of tinkering with this router nothing changes. So If anyone has any suggestions that I have not tried Id love to hear it because I honestly feel like I have wasted my money and my time.

Rant over thanks for listening

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The ping times wouldn't necessarily improve if they were already good to start with i.e. you didn't suffer from local congestion and always connected to a local server. Where are you located and what server are you connecting to? Is that ping reading from the game or from the Geo-Filter? What is your physical setup and bandwidth speeds? What QoS & Geo-Filter Settings are you using currently? We can't really diagnose based on in game issues if it isn't to do with the ping.

Located on east coast US,  ISP spectrum  100d/12u  spectrum branded docsis 3.1 modem

I have experimented with all sorts of ABB qos settings. Currently have ABB d/l  bandwidth  85% of 100mpbs  and u/l 50% of 10mbps set to Always(when im gaming)

Geo filter I have also experimented a lot with changing locations forcing servers further away and near by and various settings  current settings are location actually where i am with 800mi radius Strict mode on Auto ping host on fast search off and ping assist set to 0  because for some reason if i use ping assist i still get connected to blocked servers.  I have also tried setting location to ocean with small radius  ping assist 35 - 65 with strict mode unchecked fast  search off. I also only use filtering on which ever console I happen to be on I have 3 xb1 and 1 ps4 . everything is hardwired.  I just replaced my modem last week. And if it matters I play on a 1ms benq monitor. Also the ping readings im getting from the geo filter.

Id be happy to provide any other info.

I feel your pain....

but so far I got my better game play with MY XR500 but my worst too.  It is not consistant.  when I do a simple reboot, I got good gameplay for a least 2 or 3 hours, after that, nothing, I loose every gun fight....

I use the XR500 6 months now. I have tried a lot of combinations and the last 3 months I can really say that the router for me works almost perfect. and I say almost because at the end there is no matter only our setup. The game have the worse servers in history of the game. I am leaving in Greece so my ping all this years is around 60ms. Imagine that the people from UK,Germany, Holland, France have always the advantage because the servers are on there country... This is the main reason that the most people I know and play from Greece we prefer the hardcore mode. It is true that if I play core mode always I have the first shoot first die. But this is common for all CoD. For me the XR500 give exactly what I want. To play without cause lag the other device on my house. Now I play and my wife watch Netflix and my kid watch youtube and I have no issue. We can't expect from any router to do magic and give us the super connection if the servers of the game doesn't work properly! Packet burst we see on the screen and there is no an explanation what is that!! Meaning is not clear the official statement of the Infinity Ward!!

• Administrators
On 2/24/2020 at 1:19 AM, dustyh1981 said:

Located on east coast US,  ISP spectrum  100d/12u  spectrum branded docsis 3.1 modem

I have experimented with all sorts of ABB qos settings. Currently have ABB d/l  bandwidth  85% of 100mpbs  and u/l 50% of 10mbps set to Always(when im gaming)

Geo filter I have also experimented a lot with changing locations forcing servers further away and near by and various settings  current settings are location actually where i am with 800mi radius Strict mode on Auto ping host on fast search off and ping assist set to 0  because for some reason if i use ping assist i still get connected to blocked servers.  I have also tried setting location to ocean with small radius  ping assist 35 - 65 with strict mode unchecked fast  search off. I also only use filtering on which ever console I happen to be on I have 3 xb1 and 1 ps4 . everything is hardwired.  I just replaced my modem last week. And if it matters I play on a 1ms benq monitor. Also the ping readings im getting from the geo filter.

Id be happy to provide any other info.

Your speeds are good but could become congested, given how many consoles you have I imagine you have a few people in your home using the internet at once. I would suggest you follow this guide while saturating your connection with downloads/streams etc and change your ABB percentages (on Always) until you find what lowers the ping/keeps it as stable as possible: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

If you're going to try with Ping Assist in the ocean then use Strict Mode on. You do have a really good ping so I doubt you'll be able to get much better than that. What is your base ping i.e. what does speedtest.net show when no one is using the internet? 

Cod does not help players with low ping, im consistently pulling under 20 ping games and it plays terrible.  Its just the gm.  The Duma will allow you to get the low ping games from a close server but the servers and netcode add lag comp to make the games seem less laggy more even.

Hey boss, 

I'm right there with you. I've had this thing for 5 days and I have tried every video, every recommendation, every setting under the sun try to make it work and it seems like there is zero Improvement. (I too have 25-35ms ping, 0 packet loss, 0 jitter, etc, etc). I have even disconnected every other device on my network so now it is just the modem, the Nighthawk xr500 and the PlayStation 4 and that is it. Still absolute garbage, always 2 seconds behind always shoot first die first, always hit markers for days. I'm starting to think that Modern Warfare is so broken that there is simply no way to get reasonable gameplay out of it. However you watch these guys on YouTube and their games are always crisp and perfect so what do they have that we don't? I guess we can hope that someone here has a suggestion, a solution something that will make the pile of trash that is MW actually workable. Please let us know if you find something. 

Cheers 

4 hours ago, Ongebub said:

Hey boss, 

I'm right there with you. I've had this thing for 5 days and I have tried every video, every recommendation, every setting under the sun try to make it work and it seems like there is zero Improvement. (I too have 25-35ms ping, 0 packet loss, 0 jitter, etc, etc). I have even disconnected every other device on my network so now it is just the modem, the Nighthawk xr500 and the PlayStation 4 and that is it. Still absolute garbage, always 2 seconds behind always shoot first die first, always hit markers for days. I'm starting to think that Modern Warfare is so broken that there is simply no way to get reasonable gameplay out of it. However you watch these guys on YouTube and their games are always crisp and perfect so what do they have that we don't? I guess we can hope that someone here has a suggestion, a solution something that will make the pile of trash that is MW actually workable. Please let us know if you find something. 

Cheers 

I can tell you what the youtubers have. Most of them have average networks, half of them dont have recoil on their guns do to probably mods like the cronus max and others are probably running programs through their computers to have a jump.  Ive been researching this for years and the better my network has gotten the worse the experience.  Its really a damn shame. You know what helps?  Lowering your bandwidth and using a router from 2006.

3 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

half of them dont have recoil on their guns

You can get 0 recoil on most weapons by just holding down the right stick as you shoot.

Stop accusing everyone who supposedly has 0 recoil as cheating.

All Cronus Max does is give you the exact same effect as holding down the right stick... so I guess just holding down the stick is also cheating huh... 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Ongebub said:

Hey boss, 

Cheers 

As I mentioned above, your ping is great so it doesn't sound like there is much in the way of local congestion or connecting to far away servers that was happening to you prior to the router. These are the aspects that affect your connection and that can be controlled by you. If those issues weren't present prior to the router then this router has nothing to improve upon - more like it will ensure that that doesn't change in the future. I would suggest you try forcing some different servers slightly further away as some people feel that gives them a better experience.

17 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

You can get 0 recoil on most weapons by just holding down the right stick as you shoot.

Stop accusing everyone who supposedly has 0 recoil as cheating.

All Cronus Max does is give you the exact same effect as holding down the right stick... so I guess just holding down the stick is also cheating huh... 

huge difference in holding down the right stick and have it being manually done for you, as each gun requires a little more or less on the stick.  Are you on xbox?  I would love to play you in gunfight to just prove to you this is coming from a good player and not a scrub. If so hit me up U got stretched.  And it dont take a rocket scientist to see theres something wrong, I have 1 gig over a gig, 8 inch ethernet wire into the xbox, no firewall and all my games are under 20 ping, but yet im always delayed?  If i play on an average connection the game plays great, can you explain, lol dont bother

7 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

huge difference in holding down the right stick and have it being manually done for you, as each gun requires a little more or less on the stick.  Are you on xbox?  I would love to play you in gunfight to just prove to you this is coming from a good player and not a scrub. If so hit me up U got stretched.  And it dont take a rocket scientist to see theres something wrong, I have 1 gig over a gig, 8 inch ethernet wire into the xbox, no firewall and all my games are under 20 ping, but yet im always delayed?  If i play on an average connection the game plays great, can you explain, lol dont bother

Actually, theres no difference at all. You're talking absolute rubbish...

Also where was it mentioned about you having a delay? Why did you bring that up? I wasn't even talking about connection...

On 2/28/2020 at 7:39 AM, N3CR0 said:

Actually, theres no difference at all. You're talking absolute rubbish...

Also where was it mentioned about you having a delay? Why did you bring that up? I wasn't even talking about connection...

In my response to one of the posts, i made a statement regarding why some youtube players look as if the gm runs flawless for them.  I answered a question and then you said i dont know what im saying pretty much.  All good, have a nice day.

10 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

In my response to one of the posts, i made a statement regarding why some youtube players look as if the gm runs flawless for them.  I answered a question and then you said i dont know what im saying pretty much.  All good, have a nice day.

I said you don't know what you're talking about in regards to the difference in holding down the stick to get no recoil and cheating...

Look bro the recoil control is in the gm for a reason, an accessory that allows this dynamic to be taken out of the gm is cheating.  Regardless.  This gm stinks as you already know, as ive seen some of your posts.  So who gives a shit anymore

1 hour ago, ugotstretched said:

Look bro the recoil control is in the gm for a reason, an accessory that allows this dynamic to be taken out of the gm is cheating.  Regardless.  This gm stinks as you already know, as ive seen some of your posts.  So who gives a shit anymore

And what I'm saying to you is that just coz someone seemly has no recoil, doesn't mean they're using a device to achieve this nor does it make you a cheater simply owning such a device. 

On 3/2/2020 at 7:20 AM, N3CR0 said:

I said you don't know what you're talking about in regards to the difference in holding down the stick to get no recoil and cheating...

On 3/2/2020 at 3:29 PM, N3CR0 said:

And what I'm saying to you is that just coz someone seemly has no recoil, doesn't mean they're using a device to achieve this nor does it make you a cheater simply owning such a device. 

Maybe you own the device, and thats why you are in defense of it?  Either way if you are using the device for anti recoil abilities you are a cheater period. Lol there is no way around it, i have played guys that shoot across the map with Certain high recoil guns and the crosshair dont move, its a cheat and many people use it, it no different than a rapid fire mod in my opinion and i dont know many players who would support this feature on the cronus max unless they had the device.  Now if you own the device because you prefer a certain remote and not for mod purposes thats fine.

These anti recoil scripts are really not as effective as the internet makes them out to be. A good player easily does the same manually.

Good players are often good at hitting their first shot, that makes a big difference if you are over the target or start spraying next to the target.

2 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

Maybe you own the device, and thats why you are in defense of it?  Either way if you are using the device for anti recoil abilities you are a cheater period. Lol there is no way around it, i have played guys that shoot across the map with Certain high recoil guns and the crosshair dont move, its a cheat and many people use it, it no different than a rapid fire mod in my opinion and i dont know many players who would support this feature on the cronus max unless they had the device.  Now if you own the device because you prefer a certain remote and not for mod purposes thats fine.

I've said several times that I own a Cronus Max so you clearly don't read...

Do I use scripts on it, no. I use it to use my Xbox Elite controller on my PS4, as I've also said several times.

You say the crosshair don't move, you'll find using a script it does still move so what you're seeing is probably not cheating.

And as Bert has said, the recoil scripts aren't that good anyways. They don't give you 0 recoil, they just give you less.

Whether you use a script or hold down the right stick, its not gonna turn you into Scump. If you're trash, you'll still be trash with a script.

Same goes for all the aim assist scripts, they barely do anything neither plus they make your screen shake which gives away the fact that you're trying to cheat.

The biggest issue with anti recoil scripts is the aiming inconsistency.

Say you have XY anti recoil. You fire, it applied 20% vertical and 10% horizontal when you are firing. Your targets are usually moving. So now, when you fire, and want to correct to the left, say 20% stick, you need to apply 30% stick instead of the 20% stick you normally use. Same for vertical. If you need to adjust down, say 20%, you need to apply 40%.

Also there is a amount of randomness in the kick after firing a bullet. So the bullets will never go through one hole so to say, you just get a small group instead of a vertical line up. Not accurate enough to shoot somebody cross map, if you fire a whole magazine you would kill them eventually though.

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

The biggest issue with anti recoil scripts is the aiming inconsistency.

Say you have XY anti recoil. You fire, it applied 20% vertical and 10% horizontal when you are firing. Your targets are usually moving. So now, when you fire, and want to correct to the left, say 20% stick, you need to apply 30% stick instead of the 20% stick you normally use. Same for vertical. If you need to adjust down, say 20%, you need to apply 40%.

Also there is a amount of randomness in the kick after firing a bullet. So the bullets will never go through one hole so to say, you just get a small group instead of a vertical line up. Not accurate enough to shoot somebody cross map, if you fire a whole magazine you would kill them eventually though.

I could be wrong but I think scripts only 'fix' vertical recoil, not horizontal.