Jump to content
GHOST-1-EC

Gaming Hardware and Settings - Controllers, Headsets, Monitors, Router/s

Recommended Posts

Keen to see which hardware and settings everyone is using and what info can be shared among the forum members - these play just as an important role as your connection and might be worth looking into.

Console:

I have a PS4 Slim - 1TB

Controller:

Scuf 4PS (standard sticks) - unfortunately my L3 (sprint button) has sunk in and makes my movement very inconsistent so i reverted back the normal DS4 and play Bumper Jumper Tactical - 1 small kontrolfreek on the right analog.

Headset:

PS4 Platinum with a custom preset from the companion app

Monitor:

Asus VQ248 - 144HZ 1MS (Set up in Game Mode but with a few tweeks) - Oh and the 144HZ will be coming in handy with the PS5 as it wont be capped to 60fps.

Router

XR500 (all the nitty gritty settings have been shared in my "wireshark capture" thread.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can what are these settings that improve connection? Do u have any screenshots of them? I play on florida servers with a 10ping. Game plays horrendous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Glazeko said:

Can what are these settings that improve connection? Do u have any screenshots of them? I play on florida servers with a 10ping. Game plays horrendous.

The connection settings are in the other threads..... this one is for hardware. 

I wish i could play on a 10ms ping..... thats like playing on Lan. 

My MW ping is 40-50ms on the router and i generally dont have any issues. 

In the Beta i had a 20-30ms ping onnrhe router - still waiting on the cloud update so that i can connect to this server again. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Setup 1:

 

PS4 Pro - 1TB Samsung EVO SSD

1x Scuf Impact controller

2x home built controller with 2 paddles & xbox elite sticks

Acer ED273 4ms 60 Hz curved monitor

Sony Platinum headset

XR500 & 550/500 Mbit FTTH

 

Setup 2:

PS4 Pro - 1TB Samsung QVO SSD

2x Home built controller with 2 paddles & Scuf sticks

Asus VG278QR 0.5ms 144Hz screen

Sony Gold headset

XR500 & 250/25 mbit cable

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Keen to see which hardware and settings everyone is using and what info can be shared among the forum members - these play just as an important role as your connection and might be worth looking into.

Console:

I have a PS4 Slim - 1TB

Controller:

Scuf 4PS (standard sticks) - unfortunately my L3 (sprint button) has sunk in and makes my movement very inconsistent so i reverted back the normal DS4 and play Bumper Jumper Tactical - 1 small kontrolfreek on the right analog.

Headset:

PS4 Platinum with a custom preset from the companion app

Monitor:

Asus VQ248 - 144HZ 1MS (Set up in Game Mode but with a few tweeks) - Oh and the 144HZ will be coming in handy with the PS5 as it wont be capped to 60fps.

Router

XR500 (all the nitty gritty settings have been shared in my "wireshark capture" thread.

 

 

Nice setup.

 

If you're handy it's not to difficult to replace the mainboard in your Scuf, assuming it's out of warranty. You can probably even swap it with your DS4 controller if they are matching (there is a number of controller generations and each have different board types, some are swappable others are not)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bert said:

 

Nice setup.

 

If you're handy it's not to difficult to replace the mainboard in your Scuf, assuming it's out of warranty. You can probably even swap it with your DS4 controller if they are matching (there is a number of controller generations and each have different board types, some are swappable others are not)

Thanks Bud, 

Both your setups are awesome.

Yeah my plan was to replace the board on the scuf with the DS4 board but for the life of me i cannot get the security on the back of the scuf to loosen up ....... its the only thing that has prevented me from swapping out the parts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really easy actually. If you have a Dremel tool, use a diamond engraving bit and just cut a slot in the top so you can undo it with a flathead screwdriver. On a Scuf 4PS they are on the surface so easy to reach. I removed mine from the Impact and that's sunk much further in the body.

 

Some people have also had succes with a U type screwdriver but mine didn't want to come loose with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bert said:

Some people have also had succes with a U type screwdriver but mine didn't want to come loose with it.

Yeah i had one in the house but its found feet somehow, lol

You actually get it in the sewing machines accessories.......going to make it a point to get it sorted over this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS4 Pro 500gb Samsung EVO SSD

Nacon Rev Pro 2 and 2 Scuf controllers

Samsung UH750 1ms 4K QLED monitor

Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1X in use with Astro Mixamp pro TR and a pair of Astro A40's for watching movies 😆

XR700  500/40 Cable line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Yeah i had one in the house but its found feet somehow, lol

You actually get it in the sewing machines accessories.......going to make it a point to get it sorted over this weekend.

One dutch company sells this tool for opening your Scuf controller. 

 

15781135577197754325255069115789.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Techonderdelen.nl is the website where I bought it but I just looked their website is down at the moment due to maintenance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xbox One X Samsung 1TB external SSD.

Elite Controller wired, Scuff Paddles add on.

Astro Mix Amp 2013 / Sennheiser HD800 / ModMic or Zalman Mic.

LG C9 0.2ms Response time / 13.5 ms input lag @ 60Hz / 6.8 ms of input lag at 120Hz

Viewsonic XG2402 1ms "best case" Response time. Input lag 8.8ms @ 60Hz input lag 4.1ms @ 144Hz

The LG is most responsive due to nearly instantaneous response time.

Duma 70% CC each way / Console in traffic priority manually.

Then compete with the SBMM that is in every game I play Overwatch, BFV, SWBFII, Paladins and the Cods 😁

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zennon:

 

I don't buy into these input lag numbers for the Viewsonic screen.

 

Reason beeing that at 60Hz there is 16.6ms between frames and at 144Hz there is 7ms between frames. So for both these refresh rates if you take the average that would be 8.3ms and 3.5ms. So even if you had absolutely zero input lag, measurements would average out at 8.3 and 3.5ms. That's why 60Hz screens are usually slightly above that, 8-11ms.

 

Like they could have measured 6.9ms @ 60Hz but it would be a lucky shot.

 

The numbers on the LG are more plausible. Especially considdering the 0.2ms response time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bert said:

@Zennon:

 

I don't buy into these input lag numbers for the Viewsonic screen.

Yep I quoted incorrectly I have made the correct adjustments adding VRR times.

I quoted that from memory which at 7am failed, I have now pulled the times from Rtings like I should have in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benq xl2720z firmware v5, instant mode enabled, single strobe enabled, blur reduction enabled, cross talk moved to bottom of screen, ama high. (proberly the best thing i bought)

nacon rev pro 2 controller, also have razer raiju ultimate( that i cant get used too)

turtle beach eleite pro and tac

ps4 pro with samsung ssd(games downloaded and installed from ps store as i dont buy discs.)

xr500 currently in router mode connected to bt hub, with bt isp.

I have also created an app that extracts the game server from duma OS and then to automatically add the port to traffic prioritization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

I have also created an app that extracts the game server from duma OS and then to automatically add the port to traffic prioritization.

Could you explain this part? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS4 Pro, samsung 250G SSD + 1TB external, I will change my 250G for 1TB SSD because only MW need around 120G 

Benq EL2870U

XR500

Scuff infinty and strike pak for my standard ps4 conttroller

Astro A40 with mix amp

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monitor: BenQ el2870u I know it's a slightly more on the response time. But don't mind it much.
Netduma R1
PS4 PRO - SSD 500GB

PS4 CONTROLLER 'CUH-ZCT2U'  Use strike pack for paddles (can't wait for official ps4 back button attachment releasing on Jan 23, 2020. Since people think you use mods using the strike pack)
HEADSET: AUDIO-TECHNICA ATH-ADG1X used with Sound Blaster G6(which is mixamp/DAC)
Hey @GHOST-1-EC,
@RedBull2k had created an app before for ports on the Netduma. I remember using it, as didn't have to use to rely to heavily on Wireshark. But I am curious about the new app that automatically inputs the ports into DUMA lol. That's awesome. @RedBull2k mind in sharing with the community? Lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

Monitor: BenQ el2870u I know it's a slightly more on the response time. But don't mind it much.
Netduma R1
PS4 PRO - SSD 500GB

PS4 CONTROLLER 'CUH-ZCT2U'  Use strike pack for paddles (can't wait for official ps4 back button attachment releasing on Jan 23, 2020. Since people think you use mods using the strike pack)
HEADSET: AUDIO-TECHNICA ATH-ADG1X used with Sound Blaster G6(which is mixamp/DAC)
Hey @GHOST-1-EC,
@RedBull2k had created an app before for ports on the Netduma. I remember using it, as didn't have to use to rely to heavily on Wireshark. But I am curious about the new app that automatically inputs the ports into DUMA lol. That's awesome. @RedBull2k mind in sharing with the community? Lol

 

I'm off from work on friday. I can put a version together that will work on other computers as I only have it set to mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

I'm off from work on friday. I can put a version together that will work on other computers as I only have it set to mine.

Awesome, really appreciate sharing it with us. I will say, this would be awesome to feature to have for users a whole. Pretty sure it's been recommended lol. Again, thanks. looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

I'm off from work on friday. I can put a version together that will work on other computers as I only have it set to mine.

Mos Def bud...... looking forward to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...