BO4 / MW Gameplay and Settings 2019/2020

GHOST-1-EC

4 hours ago, Daniele said:

Hello @GHOST-1-CE and first of all happy new year greetings. I also play ps4 and also upnp me from port 9308 udp when I turn on the console. I am writing to you for help because since day one of this game (mw) I have serious lag problems and I cannot get out of it.
I have seen many posts here on the forum and the only thing I understand that I can do and work on is traffic priority. I have already done something and a little has helped but still not completely and I am not sure therefore of doing everything well. Can I ask you to please share your priority traffic rules? I tried to use wireshark but reading your posts I realized that I won't be able to use it because my xr700 is not connected in cascade because it is the only router in use. I would thank you very much if you would give me a hand, thank you and above all congratulations for some game play that I have seen.

Hi, 

I have been following most of the discussions you have raised......the guys have basically given you everything that is needed or that you can try......if you go through this thread you will find all the settings i have used and given feedback on and that i currently use.

Unfortunately you will have to test them respectively on your setup to see which works the best for you.

30 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Hi, 

I have been following most of the discussions you have raised......the guys have basically given you everything that is needed or that you can try......if you go through this thread you will find all the settings i have used and given feedback on and that i currently use.

Unfortunately you will have to test them respectively on your setup to see which works the best for you.

I would like to use wireshark and do the "dirty work" which would be the most suitable for each of us, but I just can't read the PS4 traffic. yes many are trying to help me and thank them so much, but unfortunately I can't get out of my problem. since one of them mentioned you I looked for you on the forum and I found this other conversation and I decided to write to you here.

PS: yes I saw something and at the general configuration level, even if we do it on purpose, we have everything practically the same. also the same udp port of the ps4. speaking of udp ports in upnp, to you also the only one you see is the 9308? the boys told me that i should also see the 3074 but there is no trace of another port in upnp beyond the 9308. neither before, nor during nor after the game

PPS: Another question but in your traffic analysis with wireshark there is no trace of the other udp ports (3478 and 3479) communicated by activision?

14 minutes ago, Daniele said:

I would like to use wireshark and do the "dirty work" which would be the most suitable for each of us, but I just can't read the PS4 traffic. yes many are trying to help me and thank them so much, but unfortunately I can't get out of my problem. since one of them mentioned you I looked for you on the forum and I found this other conversation and I decided to write to you here.

PS: yes I saw something and at the general configuration level, even if we do it on purpose, we have everything practically the same. also the same udp port of the ps4. speaking of udp ports in upnp, to you also the only one you see is the 9308? the boys told me that i should also see the 3074 but there is no trace of another port in upnp beyond the 9308. neither before, nor during nor after the game

Yeah i have Port 3074 and 9308 listed in my upnp table.

At this present moment i have only these ports added to my QOS rules.

My setup is pretty sorted and i have no issues in game or with the general use of my connection, so i just play around with it randomly to see if there are any additional gains to be had.

I believe you are experiencing some form of Lag?

In your QOS flower make sure to spread the bandwith equally across all devices........also once your rules have been added, is your qos light coming on when you launch the game?

Can you upload a pick of the packet count.

Also, which Lan Port are you using on the Router and are you getting the full speed of the ethernet port - you can check this under the following tabs Settings > Monitoring > Statistics.

2 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Yeah i have Port 3074 and 9308 listed in my upnp table.

At this present moment i have only these ports added to my QOS rules.

My setup is pretty sorted and i have no issues in game or with the general use of my connection, so i just play around with it randomly to see if there are any additional gains to be had.

I believe you are experiencing some form of Lag?

In your QOS flower make sure to spread the bandwith equally across all devices........also once your rules have been added, is your qos light coming on when you launch the game?

Can you upload a pick of the packet count.

Also, which Lan Port are you using on the Router and are you getting the full speed of the ethernet port - you can check this under the following tabs Settings > Monitoring > Statistics.

Here the first strange thing, to me the udp table does not report port 3074 but only port 9308.
So you also gave traffic priority to port 9308 as well?
Yes, I am having a packet burst problem (battlenonsense that you mentioned gave the icon meaning) and every time that icon appears I am a victim of stuttering.
There can be good games where it appears only 5 times and bad games where it can appear up to 30 times with more or less strong stuttering.
High priority traffic is detected.
I'm not sure what you want to ask me with the last step, but I can tell you that I have an ftth connection, so I got a category 7 cable to support it. Thinking that it could be the defective cable or that particular brand that did not make good cables (shielding, etc) or even tried to change brands but nothing has changed. I use ethernet port number 3 but as far as I know all 6 ports are gigabits.
I am attaching photos of my flower qos for both download and upload and anti-bufferbloat.
One thing I can tell you as additional information is that the ps4 gives me a freaked-out ip error when I run a connection verification test, I use custom mtu 1492 (the same as the wan port of the router).
It reads the upload very low and does not read all the download assigned by qos, but comparing it with friends and google is a common thing, I think it is because from Italy the speed test does it in America and not in Ireland, then I don't know.
I specify that mw is the only game where I am having problems, bo4 no problem, wwii no problem, battlefield 4 no problem.
Thanks also to you for the attention first of all and thanks even more if you will even try to help me.

Schermata 2020-01-03 alle 14.22.22.png

Schermata 2020-01-03 alle 14.22.39.png

Schermata 2020-01-03 alle 21.51.17.png

Peoples should be ashamed of the way they play this bloody game!

5 hours I've spent trying to win 3 games on TDM for a challenge... only won 2 and have now given up!

I've never seen camping like this on any CoD game, shit not even on Battlefield!

Can't believe peoples have spent this much money to sit in a room and ads at the door!

They really need to make Dead Silence a perk or nerf the footsteps into oblivion coz thats why most are doing it!

Just now, N3CR0 said:

Peoples should be ashamed of the way they play this bloody game!

5 hours I've spent trying to win 3 games on TDM for a challenge... only won 2 and have now given up!

I've never seen camping like this on any CoD game, shit not even on Battlefield!

Can't believe peoples have spent this much money to sit in a room and ads at the door!

They really need to make Dead Silence a perk or nerf the footsteps into oblivion coz thats why most are doing it!

The Challenges are tuff....... i have done one or two i think but have focused on the weapon camo's for the most part. 

1 minute ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

The Challenges are tuff....... i have done one or two i think but have focused on the weapon camo's for the most part. 

Winning 3 matches should be as easy as it comes... but when you're running around trying to find someone to shoot and you're just being soundwhored. Its pathetic.

I'll upload a match I had tonight tomorrow. Whole enemy team stayed in their spawn the whole match!

8 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Winning 3 matches should be as easy as it comes... but when you're running around trying to find someone to shoot and you're just being soundwhored. Its pathetic.

I'll upload a match I had tonight tomorrow. Whole enemy team stayed in their spawn the whole match!

I played against a team like that earlier on Shoot House.......i built up my Dead Silence and worked the flank........i can kinda predict the spawns for the most part on Shoot House.

Most useful perk and weapon attachment combo at the moment is cold blooded and a suppressor on your gun.

Combine that with Dead Silence and you'll be in stealth mode all the time playing the edge of the map.

I like EOD better over Cold Blooded because of all the mines and explosives spam on shoothouse. And then just swap to CB for a VTOL.

Shoothouse is very lopsided though. If the team at C flag knows what they are doing they can basically spawntrap the other team right from their spawn while they can get out of spawn unhindered.

Assault Rifles I tend to gravitate more towards stopping power and for SMG's dead silence. 

9 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

I played against a team like that earlier on Shoot House.......i built up my Dead Silence and worked the flank........i can kinda predict the spawns for the most part on Shoot House.

Most useful perk and weapon attachment combo at the moment is cold blooded and a suppressor on your gun.

Combine that with Dead Silence and you'll be in stealth mode all the time playing the edge of the map.

Until you get shot from the other side of the map, a window and some twat sitting in a corner with a 725.

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

I like EOD better over Cold Blooded because of all the mines and explosives spam on shoothouse. And then just swap to CB for a VTOL.

Shoothouse is very lopsided though. If the team at C flag knows what they are doing they can basically spawntrap the other team right from their spawn while they can get out of spawn unhindered.

Assault Rifles I tend to gravitate more towards stopping power and for SMG's dead silence. 

I find EOD a must on all classes, doesn't matter the map.

I use the ammo box on all my classes coz I'm always running out.

Depends on the gun really. For M4's and MP5's there is usually plenty of ammo on the ground although with the MP5 I run out sometimes.

Also I use the Annihalator as secondary (.357 with long barrel / snakeshot) and especially in close quarters I'm quite comfortable using that.

Stopping power also gives you 30 bullets extra every time you use it (or whatever the mag capacity for the gun is). So for like the FAL when I use stopping power, I also pair it with tune up so it loads faster. That way you can also go around the ammo issue.

55 minutes ago, Daniele said:

Here the first strange thing, to me the udp table does not report port 3074 but only port 9308.
So you also gave traffic priority to port 9308 as well?

This is odd......3074 not showing up in upnp.

Yeah i have a rule for 9308 in the Qos.

56 minutes ago, Daniele said:

I'm not sure what you want to ask me with the last step, but I can tell you that I have an ftth connection, so I got a category 7 cable to support it. Thinking that it could be the defective cable or that particular brand that did not make good cables (shielding, etc) or even tried to change brands but nothing has changed. I use ethernet port number 3 but as far as I know all 6 ports are gigabits.

This is what i was referring to......i use Lan 4.....just make sure that you are getting the same status (1000M/Full)

1200130018_XR500Monitoring-LanPortStatistics.thumb.JPG.cf6e2b720478efd8c65ef2d8a2e33fd9.JPG

Could you for the sake of testing, spread your bandwith equally across all the devices on both the download and upload flowers.....and most importantly disable the share access option on both as well.

Then give the game a try.

9 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Until you get shot from the other side of the map, a window and some twat sitting in a corner with a 725.

You've seen me die to a shotgun camper on one of my uploads, lol

Once they do that i just play for mid map control and stick behind the head glitches.........the window campers are hard to knock all the time, i try to get them with a semtex or a snapshot taking advantage of the broken headshot multiplier....but i have to camera them aggressively to pull it off.......its very rewarding when i do kill them a few times, 😂

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Depends on the gun really. For M4's and MP5's there is usually plenty of ammo on the ground although with the MP5 I run out sometimes.

I run the 9mm ammo on my M4 and MP5.....so i dont always get ammo off the ground........stopping power is elite....and with tune up you are always getting them when you need it........i like Dead Silence too much so i'm always using that over the other field upgrades........it just goes to show all the positives there are in the game as everyone has success with their unique loadouts.

40 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

This is odd......3074 not showing up in upnp.

Yeah i have a rule for 9308 in the Qos.

This is what i was referring to......i use Lan 4.....just make sure that you are getting the same status (1000M/Full)

1200130018_XR500Monitoring-LanPortStatistics.thumb.JPG.cf6e2b720478efd8c65ef2d8a2e33fd9.JPG

Could you for the sake of testing, spread your bandwith equally across all the devices on both the download and upload flowers.....and most importantly disable the share access option on both as well.

Then give the game a try.

Yes, I also find it very strange not to see port 3074 in upnp.
Now I add a rule also for port 9308 in the traffic priority and let's see how it goes, I always imagine with the same destination and on the contrary right?
Yes, I get 1000 in wan and 1000 in lan.
Bandwidth sharing already disabled for both upload and download.
I see that you also have an ftth connection, is that correct? I ask you this because on reddit many say that the ejecting of packages is something that happens to those with a great connection. So if the first answer is yes, the second is meant to be if you've ever had this problem too.
After the test of port 9308 in traffic priority I try that of the uniform flower qos. I go step by step.

Schermata 2020-01-03 alle 23.51.19.png

5 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

No i do not have ftth unfortunately.

My line speed however, is 50/20.

I imagined you had it because I saw 1000m.
however I spent some time reading all the pages of the discussion and if I understand correctly you don't have the interval
3074: 3074 - 30000: 45000 and on the contrary in the traffic priority but you did something door to door, is that correct?
Unfortunately, you don't see all your rules in the screenshoots you made.

2 minutes ago, Daniele said:

I imagined you had it because I saw 1000m.
however I spent some time reading all the pages of the discussion and if I understand correctly you don't have the interval
3074: 3074 - 30000: 45000 and on the contrary in the traffic priority but you did something door to door, is that correct?
Unfortunately, you don't see all your rules in the screenshoots you made.

At the present moment i am only using 2 rules

As i mentioned before......i dont have any lag or packet burst issues......my connection and hit reg is good....however, i am always looking for that lil extra ms that can be gained.....so you can try mine and see how it goes but you have to have an equal spread of bandwith in your qos flower.

1073554322_QOSRuleScreenshot.thumb.JPG.fc9a13e411a2b3d217fcbc35a87a4ca3.JPG

21 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

At the present moment i am only using 2 rules

As i mentioned before......i dont have any lag or packet burst issues......my connection and hit reg is good....however, i am always looking for that lil extra ms that can be gained.....so you can try mine and see how it goes but you have to have an equal spread of bandwith in your qos flower.

1073554322_QOSRuleScreenshot.thumb.JPG.fc9a13e411a2b3d217fcbc35a87a4ca3.JPG

I'm going to try with your same rules doing a distribution reset so that we have the same% on all devices, hopefully it's okay. I'll update you and always thank you

40 minutes ago, Daniele said:

I'm going to try with your same rules doing a distribution reset so that we have the same% on all devices, hopefully it's okay. I'll update you and always thank you

All good bud.

1 hour ago, Daniele said:

Forgot to mention one more thing in relation to your setup....i see you use MTU 1492.....for the sake of preventing packet splitting use MTU 1500 instead......that also how i have mine set up on the PS4 side.

• GHOST-1-EC changed the title to BO4 / MW Gameplay and Settings 2019/2020