BO4 / MW Gameplay and Settings 2019/2020

GHOST-1-EC

7 minutes ago, slickrick6922 said:

I've got a question for you guys,  if I put my xbox in DMZ and start a match [ I've got the xr700] on MW,  then go to system information on the router,   its showing right there what ports are being used right?

I've not checked it this way......i only seen the ports used in upnp as it supposedly only opens the ports needed......DMZ however opens all ports.

Are you seeing ports via this manner?

6 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

I've not checked it this way......i only seen the ports used in upnp as it supposedly only opens the ports needed......DMZ however opens all ports.

Are you seeing ports via this manner?yes,  when I used wireshark I didn't see ports 443, 80 and the others recamended to open for COD,  but I see those ports in system info by my xbox's ip address.and a lot of others.

4 minutes ago, slickrick6922 said:

In your wireshark capture....filter for the udp packets and focus on the consistent communication between your ip address and what should be the game server....it will be at the bottom end of the capture....that will give you an accurate indication of which ports are being used whilst you are gaming.

33 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Forgot to mention one more thing in relation to your setup....i see you use MTU 1492.....for the sake of preventing packet splitting use MTU 1500 instead......that also how i have mine set up on the PS4 side.

Even if I have mtu1492 in the wan interface?
I have this because my connection is a pppoe and dumaos does not allow me to increase it because the maximum it allows is 1500.

7 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

In your wireshark capture....filter for the udp packets and focus on the consistent communication between your ip address and what should be the game server....it will be at the bottom end of the capture....that will give you an accurate indication of which ports are being used whilst you are gaming.

yeah, i had filter on wireshark for udp, i guess i'm seeing tcp ports also in system info right?

20 minutes ago, slickrick6922 said:

I guess my questions , are all these port numbers I,m seeing being used for COD or is it showing more because the xbox is in DMZ?

i have no xbox but ps4 but the game interface (i think) that should be the same. what doors do you see on mw?

ok, the discussion had gone on and I hadn't reloaded the page. listen to the advice of @GHOST-1-EC who is certainly better than me in this.

22 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Yes......make it 1500.

🤔

I'll try because I want to listen to your advice at 360 ° and because I don't like that ps4 message at all even if it speaks conditionally.
But speaking purely in computer science (no games, no ps4, etc) this is wrong.
But part wrong already from dumaos which should allow me to put as mtu in the wan 1518 interface.
So then we go down to ps4, okay, but to increase ......

I would like to mention on this topic @Netduma Fraser that he spoke several times here on the forum for that damned ps4 message.

@GHOST-1-EC What I mean exactly with what I wrote (google translator can be really terrible at times) is that if duma os allowed my correct mtu (1518) it would be perfect to put on ps4 1500 and not have that error.
Hope this translation gets better

3 minutes ago, slickrick6922 said:

yeah, i had filter on wireshark for udp, i guess i'm seeing tcp ports also in system info right?

on my upnp its shows the tcp ports the router uses for the DumaOS interface, thats the only TCP ports i have open according to upnp.

11 minutes ago, Daniele said:

🤔

I'll try because I want to listen to your advice at 360 ° and because I don't like that ps4 message at all even if it speaks conditionally.
But speaking purely in computer science (no games, no ps4, etc) this is wrong.
But part wrong already from dumaos which should allow me to put as mtu in the wan 1518 interface.
So then we go down to ps4, okay, but to increase ......

Leave you WAN MTU as is...just change the one on the console internet settings.

Its easy to revert should you experience adverse effects...however i highly doubt that you would.

When u start the PS4 it shows only this (see first picture).

But after u start MW u should tap refresh on the UPNP tab and it changes (see 2nd picture)

15781050465284996275798279282063.jpg

15781052178364595251677099946758.jpg

20 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Lasciare WAN MTU così com'è ... basta cambiare quello sulle impostazioni Internet della console.

La sua facile per ripristinare si dovrebbe sperimentare effetti negativi ... ma dubito fortemente che si farebbe.

Do not doubt, I will do it because as I said I want to follow your advice.

4 minutes ago, Mobel said:

I am wondering why my bandwidth is 0 Kbps🤔usually it says something beginning with a 4 and a long number

20200104_033749.jpg

Its a glitch..... i have had it happen randomly as well.... it usually goes back to normal once you start a match. 

Just now, GHOST-1-EC said:

Its a glitch..... i have had it happen randomly as well.... it usually goes back to normal once you start a match. 

Yeah it changed after going twice back and forth in the menu 

1 minute ago, Daniele said:

Do not doubt, I will do it because as I said I want to follow your advice.

All good...... i will follow up later on how it worked out...... its 5am here now.... time for me to get some sleep in, lol. 

28 minutes ago, Mobel said:

When u start the PS4 it shows only this (see first picture).

But after u start MW u should tap refresh on the UPNP tab and it changes (see 2nd picture)

15781050465284996275798279282063.jpg

15781052178364595251677099946758.jpg

I can type endless recharge but port 3074 does not show it to me. before the game, in the lobby, in the game or at the end of the game does not change. he does not show it to me.

27 minutes ago, Mobel said:

But i am also struggling with the "packet burst icon" that causes lag and stutter while in game

We share the same friend problem, you can choose to do 2 things. Either experiment and experiment as I have been doing for almost 3 months hoping to find the solution or wait for it to be found so that I can share it with everyone hoping that it will be fine for you too, for sure it will still be a starting point.
One thing I ask you though is to tell me please what your band is and what type of connection you have, whether pppoe or pppoa.

20200104_033749.jpg

you went to that screen too quickly since the game was turned on and you didn't allow time for verification. l1 and po r1 after a few seconds and you should see it.

this is the problem we share. it's correct?

13 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

All good...... i will follow up later on how it worked out...... its 5am here now.... time for me to get some sleep in, lol. 

Here the 4, I'm not kidding either.🤪
Good night and thanks again

2 hours ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Yes......make it 1500.

No actually, leave it at 1492.

1492 is normal for PPPoE connections. My XR500 actually also autodetects it at 1492.

On PS4 I just setup the connection automaticly.

7 hours ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

I run the 9mm ammo on my M4 and MP5.....so i dont always get ammo off the ground........stopping power is elite....and with tune up you are always getting them when you need it........i like Dead Silence too much so i'm always using that over the other field upgrades........it just goes to show all the positives there are in the game as everyone has success with their unique loadouts.

This is getting unrelated to connections, but if you use 9mm ammo, try running a 9mm pistol as well. They share the same ammo pool and you will have more starting ammo, another 30 rounds extra. The 200 IQ version of this is to run the fully loaded perk on your pistol. If you have extended mags on your MP5 you spawn in with 45 rounds in your gun and 372 in reserve LOL.

• GHOST-1-EC changed the title to BO4 / MW Gameplay and Settings 2019/2020