The tickrate debate

progprogprog

so 

Through lots of testing I can now force higher tickrate evertime and i doesn't involve disconnecting phones,smart TVs e.t.c

What you need to do is

1.place geofiter home slightly away from closest server with smallest radius(e.g ocean)strict on PA 0

2.boot game(MW)go to main menu and search for game(quick play)

3.you will get an error(cant connect to cod servers)

4.press back to go to(campaign multiplayer spec- ops menu)

5.click multiplayer 

6.expand geo to cover server and search for a game

7.my base ping is 13ms and when I search for a match it normally says 25ms but now says 15ms at top of screen 

8 when it finds a lobby you will notice people connect to you

9.check your tickrate and it will show between 90-110 hope this helps 

the tickrate will only show higher for person searching for a match

Edited by progprogprog

Just now, progprogprog said:

You can not make a server receive or send data higher than its cap as proved by only yourself seeing the higher rate and non of your party.

5 minutes ago, Zennon said:

You can not make a server receive or send data higher than its cap as proved by only yourself seeing the higher rate and non of your party.

Listen server

Listen servers run in the same process as a game client. They otherwise function like dedicated servers, but typically have the disadvantage of having to communicate with remote players over the residential internet connection of the hosting player.

Would it have anything to do with this?

Why its showing higher 

2 hours ago, Zennon said:

This is exactly what I've been saying. Why would they lie and say their servers are this when they're actually that... what could they possibly gain from that?

14 hours ago, progprogprog said:

so 

Through lots of testing I can now force higher tickrate evertime and i doesn't involve disconnecting phones,smart TVs e.t.c

What you need to do is

1.place geofiter home slightly away from closest server with smallest radius(e.g ocean)strict on PA 0

2.boot game(MW)go to main menu and search for game(quick play)

3.you will get an error(cant connect to cod servers)

4.press back to go to(campaign multiplayer spec- ops menu)

5.click multiplayer 

6.expand geo to cover server and search for a game

7.my base ping is 13ms and when I search for a match it normally says 25ms but now says 15ms at top of screen 

8 when it finds a lobby you will notice people connect to you

9.check your tickrate and it will show between 90-110 hope this helps 

I did this multiple times man and never stableized at over 60.  Always fluctuates between 55 and 120.

Tried this today, not working for me, I have put my home location in the Arabian Sea, smallest geo filter, this way I actually get U.K servers 25 ms for a couple of games then it goes way up. If I put myself on the West Coast of the U.K I get put on U.S servers ping fluctuating throughout the game and I get slaughtered.

I am trying various oceans now, this game is just so broken, you would think that over the years they would understand the issues and work towards a template and build the game around that, or is that too simplistic.

17 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

I did this multiple times man and never stableized at over 60.  Always fluctuates between 55 and 120.

I can confirm the same thing unfortunately.  I tried it a few times as well. 

Oh well. OP glad it works for you though.

6 hours ago, KevJ1 said:

Tried this today, not working for me, I have put my home location in the Arabian Sea, smallest geo filter, this way I actually get U.K servers 25 ms for a couple of games then it goes way up. If I put myself on the West Coast of the U.K I get put on U.S servers ping fluctuating throughout the game and I get slaughtered.

I am trying various oceans now, this game is just so broken, you would think that over the years they would understand the issues and work towards a template and build the game around that, or is that too simplistic.

I've found that if you put it too close to the coast line it still pickups servers 🤔

Can confirm the ping part works. I’m on west coast Southern California. Put my radius to 70 off the coast in ocean and it wouldn’t pick up a server. I expanded and it picks up the Choopa server and Vultr server. Game searches for less than 15ms and remains consistent in game. Tick rate, however, is not consistent....went from 60 to 120 fluctuations all game, every game. I’ve always had issues in CoD with Choopa server though. MW still caters to high ping players and average KD with SBMM. A router can’t defeat a games crappy net code. 

16 hours ago, ItsMrWes said:

Can confirm the ping part works. I’m on west coast Southern California. Put my radius to 70 off the coast in ocean and it wouldn’t pick up a server. I expanded and it picks up the Choopa server and Vultr server. Game searches for less than 15ms and remains consistent in game. Tick rate, however, is not consistent....went from 60 to 120 fluctuations all game, every game. I’ve always had issues in CoD with Choopa server though. MW still caters to high ping players and average KD with SBMM. A router can’t defeat a games crappy net code. 

You are 100%,  Good network gets you nowhere

44 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

But you gotta wonder... what the hell are the big YT'ers, Twitchers and pro's doing to get the games to play flawlessly every time???

They know something that hasn't been shared to the community as a whole.  At times the other players look like bots as their reaction times are so out of sync. You can clearly see that the lobby is both easy and yet they still have that crisp, on time hit rego to boot.

Are they using special Proxies? VM? Static IP? Etc?  It's not clear but you can clearly see that their gaming experience is nothing like yours. 

7 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

But you gotta wonder... what the hell are the big YT'ers, Twitchers and pro's doing to get the games to play flawlessly every time???

Watched a guy named speros drop in on blackout alcatraz and get 20+ kills consistently.  It was like insane never shot from the side or back and just casually playing.  These guys do something, maybe its their locations, im on the east coast in the USA and directly on multiple servers.  I get into games sometimes as low as 5 ping,  those games can sometimes be worse than 100+ ping games.  The duma was awesome back with blackout 4, these developers now have completely made the duma software irrelevant.  As i bought the original duma for its gaming properties, Seems like FPS games dont respond well to it, got a xr500 same thing

2 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

Watched a guy named speros drop in on blackout alcatraz and get 20+ kills consistently.  It was like insane never shot from the side or back and just casually playing.  These guys do something, maybe its their locations, im on the east coast in the USA and directly on multiple servers.  I get into games sometimes as low as 5 ping,  those games can sometimes be worse than 100+ ping games.  The duma was awesome back with blackout 4, these developers now have completely made the duma software irrelevant.  As i bought the original duma for its gaming properties, Seems like FPS games dont respond well to it, got a xr500 same thing

Called hacking...

50 minutes ago, Crysister said:

Called hacking...

Another odd thing is that if i give my xbox 100% bandwidth the game plays so smooth and fast but i shoot first die first always.  Im a tournament level player, been for years and yet im barely over a 2kd in this game.  Shits crazy