The tickrate debate

progprogprog

39 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

And the number of hops between vpn and no vpn? 

Only an extra one with VPN and that one was jumping to 150ms sometimes. This was a UK VPN server too. I tried one in Germany and another from USA. They all were jumping around like crazy. Anyways, even if it was smooth, I don't believe it would make the game run any better. I've been using the geo filter to force UK server last couple of nights and pinging it and where it used to be a straight line, its not anymore which is probably why BOps4 runs like crap now. The servers are messed up.

I get the "packet burst" (3 solid orange box) warning, every other game. It's aggravating because, I feel like my playing style is being throttled to accommodate the other players. I've had games on Shoot House where players actually jitter past me, it's weird...  We're all in one big cybernetic tug of war w/ the servers.  Geo-Filter isn't doing a damned thing, but over-complicate the simplicity of connectivity.

I noticed a strange icon next to my tickrate look at the picture guys.

Also getting the packet burst icons constantly while my connection is good.

20191126_012605.jpg

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Mobel said:

I noticed a strange icon next to my tickrate look at the picture guys.

Also getting the packet burst icons constantly while my connection is good.

That's very odd, to me it looks like a cut off 0 but I'll ask the team.

• 1 year later...

Hilarious stuff. I just quit this game. You know how long I've been trying to beat this hit detection, netcode bullshit? For 9 years, ever since MW3. There is NOTHING you can do. Like somebody already mentioned, these big youtubers are doing something we don't know or will never know about