Tick rate all over the place

bagsta69

59 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

1. Last i checked u dont use a DumaOS or Netduma Router or are you? 

2. You've posted many links to your extremely high kd gameplays (goodstuf) - iirc it was with openwrt correct? 

3. If you are using openwrt and then as u stated above u struggle when using the R1 you should rather be asking why does openwrt give u better gameplay vs DumaOS or whatever normal version of netduma software the R1 uses. 

Leave DMC (dont knock him) he tried to help as before he posted anything this forum was beyond dead and everyone was just struggling on their own in their little corner at least now there is alot more interaction even if most of it is just amongst owners of the products. 

So why............do u have no issues with openwrt vs netduma software? 

I did just say I'm an R1 user... non DumaOS mind.

Some of my gameplays are Duma, some are OpenWRT.

I struggle no matter which I use around 40% of the time. Its their netcode and servers, just lately I'm having bullet reg problems and thats been happening since MW's release (its like they don't want anyone playing BOps4 anymore so they decided to fuck everything up) a few folk on Twitch I've been talking to have said and are experiencing the same.

Although I don't usually go with the 'placebo' excuse... I believe this stability 'trick' is just that. It just doesn't make sense. Why would they say 'hey, our servers run at 60hz' when in truth its over double that. What do they have to accomplish by doing that? And as I said, I don't need to use that 'trick' as I'm on old firmware R1 so if I'm already stable, why am I having the same problems as everyone else?

Why do some use ISP routers with no such settings and have zero problems at all?

Its just my opinion that this trick is indeed placebo. 

EDIT : The reason why I tag both in my videos is because I have my OpenWRT plugged into the main socket and the R1 plugged into the OpenWRT router so technically, I use both at the same time.

9 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Although I don't usually go with the 'placebo' excuse... I believe this stability 'trick' is just that. It just doesn't make sense. Why would they say 'hey, our servers run at 60hz' when in truth its over double that. What do they have to accomplish by doing that? And as I said, I don't need to use that 'trick' as I'm on old firmware R1 so if I'm already stable, why am I having the same problems as everyone else?

Why do some use ISP routers with no such settings and have zero problems at all?

So many of us have posted actual visuals of the information from our router ping stats..... its not a he said she said story.......the information is there for everyone to see. 

@DMC_81 legit took the time to do a video showing how the tickrate stabilizes at double the 60hz tickrate - what more is there to do or show.

So initially his reports were labelled as being a ui bug - uhmmm nope...... many users from different parts of the globe (cos i for one am on the southern end of Africa) have posted visuals with +-120hz tickrates whether stable or unstable, the data is there for all to see. 

I posted gameplay from MW to show what it looks like ingame - no placebo there. 

18 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

This statement is basically saying what we all have been, there is an issue with DumaOS - as u are highlighting that a base isp router gives its user a better gaming experience than a "Gaming Router". 

1 minute ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

This statement is basically saying what we all have been, there is an issue with DumaOS - as u are highlighting that a base isp router gives its user a better gaming experience than a "Gaming Router". 

Thats not what I'm saying. With my ISP router, CoD plays like utter garbage. When I get into a gunfight, I'll win it 20% of the time no matter whether I shot first or not.

Black Ops 3... well... I just had to stop playing that. That was more like 5% of gunfights won. The other 95% the guy would just sponge my shots.

2 minutes ago, progprogprog said:

I have to say that I have tried this today and have had the smoothest game play since the game released

IMG-20191115-WA0001.jpeg

84/80 tickrate

So much for it not going over 60hz. 

Yr gaming experience is probably going to be chalked down to yr ping, lol - anything but to just except that their is an issue from the OS cos others have shown that they have similar low ping stats and have been bots in the lobbies as they have instability in tickrates or send and receive rates. 

4 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

We all know the in game ping in MW is UI bugged. Who's to say the tick rate readings on DumaOS aren't?

My guy..... the man @DMC_81 has been showing the higher tickrates from BO4 and even WW2 lobbies. 

He hasnt posted anything from MW - and if i was him i wudnt either as he would legit be wasting his time now. 

The denial of fact is strong i see. 

All good tho.... no point in us going back n forth any further as the people who should be doing something or engaging the users for more info for testing purposes are non existent or will reply with a bot autotext, smh

2 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

I did just say I'm an R1 user... non DumaOS mind.

Some of my gameplays are Duma, some are OpenWRT.

I struggle no matter which I use around 40% of the time. Its their netcode and servers, just lately I'm having bullet reg problems and thats been happening since MW's release (its like they don't want anyone playing BOps4 anymore so they decided to fuck everything up) a few folk on Twitch I've been talking to have said and are experiencing the same.

Its just my opinion that this trick is indeed placebo. 

EDIT : The reason why I tag both in my videos is because I have my OpenWRT plugged into the main socket and the R1 plugged into the OpenWRT router so technically, I use both at the same time.

N3CRO if you are running your R1 into another router with OpenWRT then you cant give any real accurate info.. You just cant...  So why not just use the R1? Why have any OpenWRT? Im confused by this.. 

Zippy.

5 minutes ago, Zippy said:

N3CRO if you are running your R1 into another router with OpenWRT then you cant give any real accurate info.. You just cant...  So why not just use the R1? Why have any OpenWRT? Im confused by this.. 

Zippy.

He can still use the Geo Filter with his setup. Right now is pointless until we get a cloud update.

Exactly that.

On the R1 everything like wifi is outdated but it's geofiltering ability is still very usable.

You can run a different form of QoS if you want and still use R1 for the geofilter. Just turn off QoS and set the sliders to 100% or even just set 1000/1000 mbps speeds.

Also there is instances where a standalong R1 just doesn't work, like if you need a PPPoE connection. I have done the above and there is no performance difference when compared to my XR500 in standalone.

There is something different between the 2 as well when it comes to packet processing. On my XR500 my PS4 Pro will show a download speed of 150-250mbit and a very low upload of 10 mbit. For some reason when I use ISP router + R1 in it's place it returns a stable 60/60. I am not convinced the standalone XR500 is better but it's hard to test this without falling into the placebo trap.

1 minute ago, PUBzZz said:

He can still use the Geo Filter with his setup. Right now is pointless until we get a cloud update.

I had a hunch that was why. And I totally understand why one would use the R1 or any DumaOS router for just the GeoFilter. My point is this is misleading.. Even though I don't blame him for using OpenWRT because I feel that in itself out performs DumaOS. What this does is clouds proper feedback to a possible issue with router or software on either Netgears side or DumaOS side depending what router one has.. Imo im with @GHOST-1-EC that there is a possible issue. And to be fair ive had nothing but very odd performance from my XR500. Even what has been talked here but in a different game.

Zippy.

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

Exactly that.

On the R1 everything like wifi is outdated but it's geofiltering ability is still very usable.

You can run a different form of QoS if you want and still use R1 for the geofilter. Just turn off QoS and set the sliders to 100% or even just set 1000/1000 mbps speeds.

Also there is instances where a standalong R1 just doesn't work, like if you need a PPPoE connection. I have done the above and there is no performance difference when compared to my XR500 in standalone.

There is something different between the 2 as well when it comes to packet processing. On my XR500 my PS4 Pro will show a download speed of 150-250mbit and a very low upload of 10 mbit. For some reason when I use ISP router + R1 in it's place it returns a stable 60/60. I am not convinced the standalone XR500 is better but it's hard to test this without falling into the placebo trap.

I totally understand Bert what you are saying. And I agree with what your saying and the reasoning. I have the XR500. And I have to be totally honest that its been one of the most odd performing routers ive ever had. Could I have a bad one.. That's possible. But it sure seems to point to bad firmware. All im saying here is everyone should keep an open mind. And that goes for NetDuma as well. They rush way to quick with a response before truly investigating anything. Way to quick!

Zippy.

6 hours ago, progprogprog said:

I have to say that I have tried this today and have had the smoothest game play since the game released

IMG-20191115-WA0001.jpeg

What did you do exactly?  I see you are using R1. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone tried Battlfield 4?  I know they were testing 120hz tick rate servers.  I'm not sure what they use in BF1.

There might be 120hz tickrate servers for smaller maps BFV. 

https://segmentnext.com/2018/10/24/battlefield-5-server-tick-rate-120-hz/

If we as a community try BFV smaller maps we can see if tickrate in DumaOs is functioning correctly or not. 

However, we must confirm for a fact that BFV is using 120hz on those smaller maps though. 

I don't have BF4 installed at the moment.  But I know it does have 120hz servers.

Edit:

I just tried BFV and the tickrate was a solid 61 with some minor 60's thrown in there every once in a while (there is no 120hz servers that I know of with BFV).  It goes to 121 once my character is shot down and it's consistent.  I tried both team death match and the new pacific map.  No change.  it's always 61 and hit rego felt normal to me.  No dodgy stuff going on.  However, BFV is a much slower paced FPS then COD.

The point of this experiment was to see if the tickrate shown in DumaOS was showing some that same fluctuation going from 60 to 120+.  In BFV it didn't do that.

Edit 2:

I played BF4 120hz servers and it was 120 host, 30 client.  I checked both on phone and computer. Same thing with 60hz servers.  60 host, 30 client. Then I tried BF1 and it was 61/61 throughout.  It would jump to 121 when character died and it was consistent. 

So having tried both BFV, BF4 and BF1 it appears that the display for tick rate looks like it's reporting what it should be reporting without the odd fluctuation unlike COD games.  So, why is this only happening with COD games?  And how is it that some are able to stabilize it at over 120hz? 

3 hours ago, East said:

What did you do exactly?  I see you are using R1. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone tried Battlfield 4?  I know they were testing 120hz tick rate servers.  I'm not sure what they use in BF1.

There might be 120hz tickrate servers for smaller maps BFV. 

https://segmentnext.com/2018/10/24/battlefield-5-server-tick-rate-120-hz/

If we as a community try BFV smaller maps we can see if tickrate in DumaOs is functioning correctly or not. 

However, we must confirm for a fact that BFV is using 120hz on those smaller maps though. 

I don't have BF4 installed at the moment.  But I know it does have 120hz servers.

Edit:

I just tried BFV and the tickrate was a solid 61 with some minor 60's thrown in there every once in a while (there is no 120hz servers that I know of with BFV).  It goes to 121 once my character is shot down and it's consistent.  I tried both team death match and the new pacific map.  No change.  it's always 61 and hit rego felt normal to me.  No dodgy stuff going on.  However, BFV is a much slower paced FPS then COD.

The point of this experiment was to see if the tickrate shown in DumaOS was showing some that same fluctuation going from 60 to 120+.  In BFV it didn't do that.

Edit 2:

I played BF4 120hz servers and it was 120 host, 30 client.  I checked both on phone and computer. Same thing with 60hz servers.  60 host, 30 client. Then I tried BF1 and it was 61/61 throughout.  It would jump to 121 when character died and it was consistent. 

So having tried both BFV, BF4 and BF1 it appears that the display for tick rate looks like it's reporting what it should be reporting without the odd fluctuation unlike COD games.  So, why is this only happening with COD games?  And how is it that some are able to stabilize it at over 120hz? 

Did you happen to notice if your send and receive rate were consistent?  Did you notice any fluctuating in that? You would be able to tell by the graph. The same graph that shows your ping rate..

Zippy. 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, East said:

Is there a XR450 version of that .40 firmware hotfix?

The firmware on the XR450 is a mirror of the XR500 so if you're on the latest .56 then you'll have that hotfix, I don't believe there is an individual .40 + hotfix version available to download for the XR450 however.

15 hours ago, Zippy said:

Did you happen to notice if your send and receive rate were consistent?  Did you notice any fluctuating in that? You would be able to tell by the graph. The same graph that shows your ping rate..

Zippy. 

As for Battlefield Games it's consistent as normal fluctuations go.  It's never a complete straight line while gaming.   It will be straight for a few seconds then it fluctuates then goes back to straight sort of deal.

Now the host and client tick-rate was almost a flat, straight line throughout the gaming session.  Which is much more stable then on COD games.  Which makes me wonder if it's a server issue on COD side more so then anything else at this point. 

Sure some have found a way to circumvent it in MW/BO4.  But I haven't had any consistent way of doing it.  Which makes me wonder if I need to be on a specific server?

@Netduma Fraser

Thanks for the insight on  that firmware hotfix.