ANNOUNCEMENT: The Future of DumaOS: Version 3.0

Netduma Luke

On 3/5/2020 at 1:05 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

We've made notes of everyone who has expressed an interest in the beta. We may make an official list closer to the time for people to sign up to.

You know what, I'd rather not spam up the thread and just wait for the beta form, but if you are taking notes on it, I'd like to put my name up considering I'm stuck on .40 due to the DHCP renewal problems I had with .56. Unfortunately, .40 has its own issues with my 5ghz band with certain devices, but at least they're not router-breaking if I leave them on 2.4.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, digz_au said:

Have we got an official list of new software enhancements for 3.0? I'm keen as mustard for the beta for my r1.

Not yet, we'll be keeping some things underwraps for now.

6 hours ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

I would like to test the beta to see if it fixes my upnp not working with PPPOE. 

What's your issue regarding upnp not working with pppoe? 

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

Upnp is not working, I have to port forward. 

So you're getting issues with an open NAT when using UPnP & PPPoE? If you have another router handling PPPoE does UPnP open your NAT successfully?

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

My other router's upnp is working with pppoe

I mean if you use another router to handle PPPoE with the XR connected to that so it isn't using PPPoE does UPnP still work?

18 minutes ago, Xrv said:

Will Plex server included  in

DumaOS 3.0?

Plex is a Netgear feature so we don't maintain that - I have no reason to believe that it won't continue to be available.

39 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I mean if you use another router to handle PPPoE with the XR connected to that so it isn't using PPPoE does UPnP still work?

Plex is a Netgear feature so we don't maintain that - I have no reason to believe that it won't continue to be available.

If i use dmz on the modem/router the upnp works on the xr500, but the connection is not as good and games lag. PPPOE is the proper way to use a 3rd party router with my ISP since there is no bridge mode. 

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

If i use dmz on the modem/router the upnp works on the xr500, but the connection is not as good and games lag. PPPOE is the proper way to use a 3rd party router with my ISP since there is no bridge mode. 

Thanks for clarifying, I'll check to see if we're aware of PPPoE affecting UPnP functionality.

10 hours ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

No bridge Mode is lame :( 

Imo, the way you Admins are responding makes it sound as though the beta isn't even near ready. I really hope that isn't the case..? My expectations are growing by the minute at this point 👀

On 3/27/2020 at 6:00 PM, Ra1n said:

Imo, the way you Admins are responding makes it sound as though the beta isn't even near ready. I really hope that isn't the case..? My expectations are growing by the minute at this point 👀

At this point, I wouldn't put any faith in their words. They have completely destroyed their credibility and just keep giving us empty promises.

After the experience with the xr500, here are my thoughts. Netduma did not deliver as promised period! I was hoping for a working firmware. They'll play blame game with netgear to cover the real underlying problem. The base code in the firmware is outdated and cannot be updated period! Only buy a netgear product if you plan on using third party firmware. The hardware is fine. Works great with openwrt or ddwrt as proof.

I am new to the forum but I have had my XR500 for a few months. I was guessing they would have new firmware/updates out soon. I kept checking and didn't see anything and then stumbled on this thread. I wish I would have seen this before my purchase because I would have kept my business with Asus. Being in IT and having a project without a projected completion date must be nice. I am a little disappointed in the responses we see from Netduma.