Lag comp has totally cripple my game as a decent player

nigellion

And i just had a light in my lil head... Your phone is what you use on the 5ghz band to stabilise right ?? So are you shutting it off after you make sure it communicate on internet ??? Because the trick is to trigger internet with 5ghz then disconnecting that device so nothing else communicate over 5ghz while you play !!! As soon as another device communicate on 5ghz it will de stabilise !!!

2 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

I'll chalk mine not remaining stable to the  cat 5e cable (most likely)

I've done everything as you have explained previously and in the post above.

Like i said it's not related to Lan cable... it will do the same with cat5 vs cat8... just that cat8 have way more bandwith flow and higher frequencies support... but to stabilise i don't think that's a cause !!! Like i just said... if you hook you phone on 5ghz and let it On while you play... you won't stabilise the router !!! Read previously made answer 😛 ah aha h

1 minute ago, DMC_81 said:

And i just had a light in my lil head... Your phone is what you use on the 5ghz band to stabilise right ?? So are you shutting it off after you make sure it communicate on internet ??? Because the trick is to trigger internet with 5ghz then disconnecting that device so nothing else communicate over 5ghz while you play !!! As soon as another device communicate on 5ghz it will de stabilise !!!

Yeah i simply switch the wifi off on the phone itself after giving it an attempt at stabilizing.

My problem is that it wont stabilize on the higher tickrate.

I can clearly see it jumping up and down from 60hz - 130hz on average.

2 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Yeah i simply switch the wifi off on the phone itself after giving it an attempt at stabilizing.

My problem is that it wont stabilize on the higher tickrate.

I can clearly see it jumping up and down from 60hz - 130hz on average.

Aright so scroll earlier on this thread and look for my big answers descrbing every steps to properly downgrade and upgrade and factory resets... do it 3 times in a row like explained and from ther it will already runs better !!! I strongly suggest you to find another device like a tv to hook on 5ghz for stabilisation trick !!! From there your router will run like new for the first time and will already performs better...based on over 20 routers i tested every procedures i shared !!! From there it will be easier to stabilise so ya'll just need to find a proper device that hook on 5ghz and that trigger the stability trick !!! 

1 hour ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

There u go..... first pic shows my average...... the rest show my tickrate when stabilized

And the last pic was me wreckn the comp in an SND match with the tickrate stabilized. 

Its not perfect yet but damn is it good when stable!!! 

DSC_0198.JPG

DSC_0197.JPG

DSC_0196.JPG

DSC_0195.JPG

Wait so, you stabilized using what? TV, cell phone, another console? Because I'm Bout to reset 3 times. I keep going from 60hz to 120hz every second on COD Modern Warfare and Apex Legends. But the router says I have these speeds? @Netduma Alex @Netduma Fraser  @DMC_81

Screenshot_20191029-221505_Nighthawk.jpg

Edited by BugsAndGlitches-

1 hour ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

There u go..... first pic shows my average...... the rest show my tickrate when stabilized

And the last pic was me wreckn the comp in an SND match with the tickrate stabilized. 

Its not perfect yet but damn is it good when stable!!! 

DSC_0198.JPG

DSC_0197.JPG

DSC_0196.JPG

DSC_0195.JPG

46 minutes ago, BugsAndGlitches- said:

Wait so, you stabilized using what? TV, cell phone, another console? Because I'm Bout to reset 3 times. I keep going from 60hz to 120hz every second on COD Modern Warfare and Apex Legends. But the router says I have these speeds? @Netduma Alex @Netduma Fraser  @DMC_81

AWESOME !!! Good job Ghost !!! Fuckin proud of you and thanks for confirming it work like i said since a while now 😛 i really appreciate as it will also help others doing the proper things and understanding things the proper way so they'll also start to fully enjoy their gaming sessions from there on !!!

Aright so from there... first thing would be to find the best dedis location possible... but to do that i suggest you use BO4 as it's more stable compared to MW right now... MW will become good real soon...till then go in example BO4 and find the lowest ping dedis around you...normally the closest one should be the best !!! To do that disable auto ping so ya'll be able to manualy ping them... once you find it...  lower your radius so it only cover that choosed dedis... now close console and other devices..enable auto ping and.reboot router !!! Start everything again and console...start BO4 again and make your 5ghz device communicate...disconnect it... now search match and while in match you'll finetune your upload by increments of 2 so 72 74 76 78.... until every bullets flawlessly register... but even a bit more than flawlessly register like if at 94 it's perfect... try a bit more... if too much it will act the same as not enough...like sometimes it won't register properly !!! When it happen you know you crossed the limit so come back !!! Like i played BO4 at 76/94 for months until i had to finetune again...but at that time... if i raised to 76/96 then not a lot of time but sometimes bullets wouldn't register properly so was killed weird way... so 94 was the max but was also flawless at 92...90 was not enough and was acting like at 96 !!! And then things changed so i had to finetune again after factory resets and downgrade/upgrade of both AIO + XR500 😛 so i started at 70/70 again and raised by +2 until my now 78/98 !!! If i happen to find out after an update of the game or even ingame...then i'll finetune by lowering until a find the new best spot !!! 

In my early days i was incrementing/decreasing by 5 but it's not enough so by +2 you'll hit the right spot... and like i said once you find the perfect spot...after updates the perfect spot will still be around the one right now so no worries and no need to always start from 70... only start from 70 the first time after a factory reset !!!

So now every bullets register flawlessly since your router is Stabilised 😛 so you'll raise your download... download affect lower body so you will feel lighter and run lighter... you want the download to allow you to fly between bullets like left right while shooting them and being the survivor one ;) !!! So it really takes less than upload... on my second setup...the 1ms ftth 1,5gb/1gb is set at 70/70 on the R1 !!! My main 7ms vdsl2 fttn 50mb/10mb run by XR500 is at 78/98 !!! So depending on a lot of lil things... everybody just have to finetune by +2/-2 like i said until the perfect spot is found !!!

If you raise download too high it will negatively impact your upload so really start at 70 and raise depending of your line's bandwith like i can raise my main setup but the second setup will have to be lowered to finetune it like my XR500 !!! From there i can almost ''say'' that if you have 1gb/1gb and up you should start to lower from 70/70 😛 but then again i would really recommend everybody to raise from 70 until maximum 98... if not good get back at 70 and lower if you feel you can get more from your line... but as soon as every bullets register(UPLOAD) and you can fly between bullets(DOWNLOAD) more often than dying from the enemy ...well you ARE already enjoying flawless gaming !!! ;)

MASTER BRAINIAC trick: I can finetune only by looking at the game !!! So ask someone that is good to play while you finetune ;) if you see that person shoot first die first then raise Upload or lower a bit if near 98 !!! From there you'll finetune the download a bit... like you ask the person who play how it feels when changing settings... you want them to feel lighter while running and then like i said you want them winning almost every gunfight like if flying between bullets !!! Once it's done try it yourself...

trick #2 : if from there You want the very best spot... look and or screenshot to keep the sliders setting... then set both at 70 and play a minute or two...then raise them directly to the previously settings you made and from there raise a bit and lower a bit on both sliders...but not at same time as you won't feel the direct effect of each individual settings !!! You do that until you find it flawless for you !!! After that it will always stay at the same settings and like i said if an update change how a game react online...then just increment or decrement until you find the new best spot...again by +2 or -2 but it will be really close to the previous best spot !!!

trick #3 : Already mentioned this too but first is to disable both share excess to always have the more stable gaming sessions... but you should also find the best dns from your isp !!! Like every isp give at least 2 dns servers... 1 of them will perform a bit better than the other !!! To test them you need to write them on a paper or take a pic or a screemshot of them... then select manual via router... enter the same for both and save...after save you reboot router still from the duma os panel !!! Now you can use any of your devices to open a web browser and go on ipleak.net and see... you supposed to see only one dns server there...if not it means you didn't saved or your modem/AIO is wrongly set so it bypass your router(if that's your case just read earlier answers i made in this same post where i explain how to set Aio properly ...) !!! Dns servers should always be managed via router... if you set both the same then save and reboot then ipleak.net you only should see the one you manualy set in duma os !!! So if you properly set everything and now confirm only one dns via ipleak.net .... then start console and game... 5ghz stabilisation trick... play 2-3 match... close console...change both dns in duma os...save and reboot...confirm and then start console and game...5ghz trick...play 2-3 games !!!! With the same settings everywhere else you will feel the difference... if no difference at all is perceived (i would be extremely surprised but that can happen) then you have choice of wich one you want to use !!! But i don't recommend having more than one dns server for gaming as it may change between 2 match so it won't react the same even on the same exact dedis you were playing on !!!

THat's it for now...(like if it wasn't enough 😛 ah ah ah ;)

Ah and me too i want to know what device you used on the 5ghz 😛

Peeeaace !!!

2 hours ago, BugsAndGlitches- said:

Oh homie i almost forgot... even if your router would already be stable... the 3 factory resets will elevate your router to the state it was meant to be !!! Like i said for XR500 you want the .40hotfix...it's THE best for XR500 yet !!! For XR700 i can't say... but if you follow my thinking you'll easily find out if the firmware is stable or not and if you ain't sure but totally want to be sure...then 3 factorey resets and only downgrade to previous firmware...3 more factory resets and set everything ....then test with 5ghz trick ect !!! After a day or two playing while stable...then you can upgrade followed by 3 factory resets and then set everything ect !!!

As always... ALWAYS upgrade/downgrade firmwares via LAN cable !!!

Peeeaace !!!

16 minutes ago, DMC_81 said:

OMG guyyys they updated ingame today and wow it feels real flawless right now 😍 when stabilised 😋 !!!  👽🍻Have fun... Peeeaace !!!

Which game? Also, post videos of your gameplay? Your nutty man!

2 minutes ago, BugsAndGlitches- said:

Which game? Also, post videos of your gameplay? Your nutty man!

Modern Warfare... i always talk about COD 😂 and when i don't it's Need 4 Speed... and i'll specify 😂 since soon Heat is commin !!!

I share some gameplays sometimes on twitter and youtube... both DMC51450 !!! But right now it's my girl playin since i take time for our Army 😁😉 !!! I'll let her a couple of match to set herself with the new gameplay feel and maybe we'll share some... but if not...tomorow we'll bring second setup and we'll play so for sure i'll share some vids of it !!!

Guys i had to adjust sliders again... tried lowering upload but not effective so came back to 98 and then played with download... had to raise it a bit so +2 !!! So now my download is at 80 and Upload is at 98 !!! So if you found a sweet spot you might want to test a lil +2 or two 😉 !!! Aright enjoy 👽🍻

3 hours ago, DMC_81 said:

Guys i had to adjust sliders again... tried lowering upload but not effective so came back to 98 and then played with download... had to raise it a bit so +2 !!! So now my download is at 80 and Upload is at 98 !!! So if you found a sweet spot you might want to test a lil +2 or two 😉 !!! Aright enjoy 👽🍻

Yeah, something has changed in the game because my sliders settings that were perfect are now not working. I hit an AFK player with 7 bursts at mid range with my Daemon and he still didn't die! Time to experiment again :(

Afternoon guys......i wont quote the posts above as they are mad long and i dont want anyone to get lost. 

I managed to stabilize the tickrate with the phone connected in 5ghz (then removed when aka wifi on phone switched off) ......stabilization took abit longer for me and than anticipated but it did stabilize and stayed that way. 

I'll check the game out when i get home later to see how things go today. 

So what i wanna know is, why do we have to manipulate things to get these results and almost perfect gaming experiences when thats what the router aka software (dumaos) should be delivering by default...... and yes it can only be the software as we've showed now that its not hardware related. 

There is no denying anything now. 

42 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Afternoon guys......i wont quote the posts above as they are mad long and i dont want anyone to get lost. 

I managed to stabilize the tickrate with the phone connected in 5ghz (then removed when aka wifi on phone switched off) ......stabilization took abit longer for me and than anticipated but it did stabilize and stayed that way. 

I'll check the game out when i get home later to see how things go today. 

So what i wanna know is, why do we have to manipulate things to get these results and almost perfect gaming experiences when thats what the router aka software (dumaos) should be delivering by default...... and yes it can only be the software as we've showed now that its not hardware related. 

There is no denying anything now. 

The real question is why most other shooter games just work... no fancy router needed yet with CoD you have to spend ten times more time buggering about with settings then actually playing the game... why does CoD play like crap without QoS yet every other game plays just fine???

The answer I think is their god awful netcode and again awful server infrastructure.

We all know that Craptavision doesn't spend them hundreds of millions of dollars they get from microtransactions making their game actually work! 

22 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

The real question is why most other shooter games just work... no fancy router needed yet with CoD you have to spend ten times more time buggering about with settings then actually playing the game... why does CoD play like crap without QoS yet every other game plays just fine???

The answer I think is their god awful netcode and again awful server infrastructure.

We all know that Craptavision doesn't spend them hundreds of millions of dollars they get from microtransactions making their game actually work! 

I'll run Apex to see if the tickrate stabilizes as high as it does with cod. 

For me the common denominator and culprit still remains the OS. 

I literally play the same if not better with my normal router (with no qos or geofilter) vs the XR500 (i'm sure many ppl will state the same). 

The higher tickrate stabilization gameplay is something else tho.......if you've played competitively on Lan then you'll know what i mean. 

Without changing any qos settings on my setup, just monitoring the tickrate and getting it stabilized at 120-130hz makes a world of difference. 

I would suggest giving it a try and letting us know how you find it. 

11 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

I'll run Apex to see if the tickrate stabilizes as high as it does with cod. 

For me the common denominator and culprit still remains the OS. 

I literally play the same if not better with my normal router (with no qos or geofilter) vs the XR500 (i'm sure many ppl will state the same). 

The higher tickrate stabilization gameplay is something else tho.......if you've played competitively on Lan then you'll know what i mean. 

Without changing any qos settings on my setup, just monitoring the tickrate and getting it stabilized at 120-130hz makes a world of difference. 

I would suggest giving it a try and letting us know how you find it. 

I don't use DumaOS so don't monitor tick rate.

While my hardwired setup was out, I was playing Battlefield V on crappy wifi with no QoS... played great!

If I shot someone, they died. Simples. No sponging, no shoot first die first nonsense.

I only see this crap in CoD games, no others.

On 9/27/2019 at 7:50 PM, nigellion said:

Hi everyone I don't own a Duma but I'm definitely looking to get 1. Is there any fix for this game for ppl with fiber connection s. I've been searching everywhere for a fix. I'm currently running ddwrt until I save enough for a Duma. I'm on a 70dl 70ul fiber connection no more than 2ms jitter and 40ms to the nearest cod server. I'm suppose to be having a wonderful gaming experience with my setup but it's the opposite. I've played every single cod title so before you say I'm a bad player I'm not. This game is crippling my ability to play how I use to. I'll appreciate the help thanks

I would say no as to many games now have too much lag comp in them and the Netduma team would need to test the most popular games to apply the best settings and update the DumaOS regularly, but they dont have the team size to do it. Battlenonse  has proven trime and time again that games support high ping players. (Though I do feel DumaOS is good on certain games but not many).

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Netcode Explained!

As you can see from this video the server is king, which means you will die even if you was backed around a corner or dropped to the floor, you will still die as the server deems it so as the player who has high ping will get an advantage on you due to whats called super bullets. You can tell this by unticking the auto ping and check the pings of other players, as I noticed some players would die off 3 bullets (who had low pings) where others would nearly take an entire clip. (who had high pings/that changed).

Also throttle you own line and play a game and you'll see you can kill with out many issues, its a shame really the devs have choosen to do this as this is one of the reason This game is crippling most peoples ability to play.

I would buy the Netduma if you either share a house or even have a family, as the DumaOS helps with high lag spikes etc.

The screenshot was from me throttling my line while playing.

Sci0n_CallofDutyModernWarfare.thumb.png.3f6b7b70eadde12a3f92e1221c37e898.png

53 minutes ago, Sci0n said:

I would say no as to many games now have too much lag comp in them and the Netduma team would need to test the most popular games to apply the best settings and update the DumaOS regularly, but they dont have the team size to do it. Battlenonse  has proven trime and time again that games support high ping players. (Though I do feel DumaOS is good on certain games but not many).

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Netcode Explained!

As you can see from this video the server is king, which means you will die even if you was backed around a corner or dropped to the floor, you will still die as the server deems it so as the player who has high ping will get an advantage on you due to whats called super bullets. You can tell this by unticking the auto ping and check the pings of other players, as I noticed some players would die off 3 bullets (who had low pings) where others would nearly take an entire clip. (who had high pings/that changed).

Also throttle you own line and play a game and you'll see you can kill with out many issues, its a shame really the devs have choosen to do this as this is one of the reason This game is crippling most peoples ability to play.

I would buy the Netduma if you either share a house or even have a family, as the DumaOS helps with high lag spikes etc.

The screenshot was from me throttling my line while playing.

Sci0n_CallofDutyModernWarfare.thumb.png.3f6b7b70eadde12a3f92e1221c37e898.png

How do you throttle? I see people post they put their slider to 1%up/down with Mbps set to like 25 each. 

40 minutes ago, BugsAndGlitches- said:

How do you throttle? I see people post they put their slider to 1%up/down with Mbps set to like 25 each. 

I tend to start @ 50/50 and go up 1% on both sliders til no more shoot first die first.