Lag comp has totally cripple my game as a decent player

nigellion

18 hours ago, kinel said:

I remeber dmc posted above saying to do  the 5g trick you have to diconnect 5 g  by your device itself not the router  

that was very important

Tried that many times. I did it with samsung 4k smart tv, another phone, iPad, my phone,  nothing. It keeps spiking every second. Example: Apex legends host tick bounces 20-40-80-100+, client 40-120+ every second. Modern warfare same, host tickrate 60-120+, client tickrate 60-120+ every second. @DMC_81 @Netduma Alex @Netduma Fraser any tips perhaps or reignite my brain lol

On 11/7/2019 at 1:08 PM, Albo2001 said:

For me this work..

1) Downgrade to .32

2) 3 Factory reset

3)Upgrade to .40 HotFix

4)Reboot xr500 , connect wifi 2,4 and 5

5)Start Console connected via LAN

6)Start Game

7)Disconnect 5 wifi

8)Start match

Going to give it a shot. What if i am already on the hotfix firmware. Do i still need to downgrade or just do the factory resets

7 hours ago, Albo2001 said:

Downgrade and upgrade, after 3 factory reset..

Finally got it to stabilize at 60hz. The hitmarks and gameplay was epic. A vast improvement. Do I need to reboot the router Everytime I want to play MW 

Even if you have a super low ping, it will only take you so far. 

Why? because others are still lagging with 60 70 80 100+ms connections to the server.

With lag compensation you will be destroyed. 
The new COD servers are running at 20hertz(in the beta) i believe so couple that with their netcode and having a LOW PING is now a DISADVANTAGE in most online shooting games.

10-15 years ago it was an ADVANTAGE.
There is nothing you can do about it, buying a netduma will only take you so far.
If the network module was still the old HOST based system you could have something to work with.
Sadly gaming has taking a complete nose dive with the allowance of high ping players and lag compensation built to lay a red carpet and cover up the lag on the laggy players end.

My issue is lots of players from Mexico and South America constantly find there way into lobbies even though I am located in Kansas.

There is NOTHING you do about it. 
It's made me semi-racist instead of promoting unity.

• Administrators
On 11/9/2019 at 5:08 AM, BugsAndGlitches- said:

Tried that many times. I did it with samsung 4k smart tv, another phone, iPad, my phone,  nothing. It keeps spiking every second. Example: Apex legends host tick bounces 20-40-80-100+, client 40-120+ every second. Modern warfare same, host tickrate 60-120+, client tickrate 60-120+ every second. @DMC_81 @Netduma Alex @Netduma Fraser any tips perhaps or reignite my brain lol

We don't have any tips on this, it's simply to report what the game is doing and we haven't gone further into discovering if there is any way to force it to stay at a certain level. I'm not sure there is personally, though others on the forum would disagree.

On 10/25/2019 at 1:25 AM, DMC_81 said:

Hell nooooo  😛  ah ah ah I never put consoles on wifi but i've tested it couple of times and it was reacting the same... only a bit more mini lags because i have over 60 neighbors wifi  around mine and i wasn't using 20/40hz co-existence ... once there was a friend at home and she bring her ps4 and i hooked her on wifi 5ghz cause i was missing a Cat8 cable and no way i would hook her with a cat7 since it would have drop my 2000hz frequency to 1000hz... and she was amazed by how fuckin good it was rollin compared to her home ftth setup with lan !!! Sorry for the lil story  😛  ah ah ah  You say you on .40  .... basic or hotfix ?? Cause the  .40 hotfix is the best firmware and the one everybody should want and get (netgear link: https://ntgr-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/tichang_netgear_com/Efc2T54tBPREtZwrMtj7PF8BGssdUVOk7aCG_PBzlFyMzQ?e=OAwQnP  ) !!! Here's screenshots of all my settings: .....  

Ps: Each time one of my girls come home with their ps4's i have to reset download and upload share and to re-attribute 0 for both download and upload for my LED light so it never use bandwith at all and the available bandwith is equally shared accross devices that use internet so more bandwith where needed !!!

Always disable both share excess before gaming sessions aka before you start your console !!! ME i disable both then i reboot XR500 while every devices are already OFF except my phone i use to manage Duma Os via Chrome browser that i only use for managing XR500... and as soon as i confirm the reboot i then restart my phone so it restart at the perfect time aka while the XR500 reboot but before it loads lans and wifis !!!

Once XR500 have fully reboot... open Duma Os via managing wifi device ... start console... confirm you have your internet connection setup as Manual ... if not then do it Manually (only need to do that once...after it always stay the same so no need to do it again) ...start a COD game while lookin at geofilter map (because sometimes we have to restart the game 2 or even 3 times (mostly 2 times in a row) to see every dedis on the map... now that you see all dedis you enter the game and go in options - connection to see your ingame bandwith .... COD's perfect bandwith is 4117-4118 kbps (you want it between 4110 and 4130 kbps = 4mb/s !!! If you don't have that ''proper'' bandwith in a COD game then you need to restart until you get it !!!

First reason you don't get the Perfect ingame bandwith is : you didn't disabled share excess for Download and/or Upload ... close the game then disable them and on your console go do a speedtest... doesn't matter your bandwith there... go back to start COD and go confirm your ingame bandwith !!! Normally it should now be in the perfect range... if not just restart the game and then it will be in the perfect range !!!

Second reason would be that your console is not in ''hyperlane'' aka Traffic Prioritization !!! 

By the way... when you prioritize your console... it will automatically give the full bandwith the game ask ... and that will overpass both Anti-Bufferbloat and Bandwith Allocation !!!  That's the main reason why you want your Bandwith Allocation shared equally to all devices and 0 to Led lights or devices you don't want to give access to internet !!!  Ps: Yes with Og Os we were able to lower the consoles bandwith by that setting and hyperlane wasn't overpassing it... but it's over with Duma Os so you have absolutely no reason to not share equally !!! And since Device prio aka ''hyperlane'' overpass thoses 2 settings you'll always have around 4117kbps ingame if both share excess are disabled !!!

Last thing... finally 😛 ... Share excess really need to be disabled before gaming sessions... BECAUSE : when enabled it always change the bandwith of EVERY devices hooked and you absolutely don't want that while gaming because it will affect your gaming session each and every time that one of the hooked devices will communicate on internet like a phone receiving emails...devices lookin for updates...ect ... and also if another device is used by someone else to download files or stream 4k netflix ect...!!!  All that will result in your game being flawless for seconds then lag then awesome then lag then good then lag...and /or 1 complete game is flawless then suddently it start playing like shit and feels like you a total noob... shoot first die first scenarios ect... so always Disable both Share Excess before starting your console !!!

Final: As you can see on my screenshots my tv is hooked via 5ghz wifi and that's the trick to stabilise !!! Before the game start or when i see that it's unstable (so i forgot to do it 😛 ) i hook the tv to the wifi then make sure it communicate (i start netflix or youtube apps from tv then i close the tv and open it right away) now i Disconnect tv's wifi via the tv itself !!! 20 to 30 seconds later my tickrates are at 120hz and higher aka STABLE !!! If you guys don't have internet on your tv... find something that can hook via 5ghz and try the same... aka connect the device on 5ghz...make sure it communicate via an app or a speedtest ect... then disconnect it of internet via that same device ((just like with tv) and normally your tickrate should stabilise !!!  And like i already said only hook the device ya'll use to stabilise...on the 5ghz band... nothing else on 5ghz or you won't be able to Stabilise !!!

Aright that's enough... Modern Warfare will unlock very soon  😛  have a good gaming session !!!

Take care... Peeeaace !!!

Screenshot (17).png

Screenshot_(18).png

Screenshot_(19).png

Screenshot (20).png

Screenshot_(21).png

Screenshot_(22).png

Screenshot_(23).png

Screenshot_(25).png

Screenshot_(26).png

Hi DMC!!!

My friend you are my man!!! I tried a little bit with you suggestion settings and I can say that my game improved so much!!! I have a lot of questions for you... First I have to downgrade the firmware, The correct way is to do 3 times reset then downgrade and again 3 times reset? My connection is fttc 100/10 and I connect my ps4 unfortuanetlly via powerline with gigabit ethernet (I am looking to change that but I have to use 20 meters ethernet cable). After the reset I must do the anti bufferbloat adjustments? I start with the upload and then download? Every time that I change that I have to close the game and ran it again or doesn't matter until to find the sweet point and then I will close ps4, reboot the router to be sure that the settings is applied correct? Do you use upnp or port forward? Do you have reservation IP for ps4? In my house I have 10 devise connected. 3 phones, 1 tablet, 1 TV, 1 apple TV, 1 camera for the baby room, 1 nintendo switch, 1 air condition, 1laptop. What is you suggestion for the bandwith allocation? All the devise is connected on 2.4 wifi except the TV that I use ethernet and my phone that is on 5gHz wifi (for the trick). Yesterday I reached on the point that I had for a second 63 tick rate and for a second above of 120 and then go back to 63 and then go back above 120 and went on that way during the game (I can say either on that way the game experience it was so so so sweet!!). I tried to do the trick used my phone but I didn't manage to stabilize it. On which point I have to do the trick? Before start a game or during the game? If understand right the tick rate it depends from the send/receive kbps during the game? So the sweet point is to have above 120kbps? That's all my frined!! I hope I don't tire you with my questions... I am looking forward for your advises!!!!

Ok, Im so confused about this topic.

If I remember corretctly there was no confirm about 120Hz tick rate servers. Anno WWII there was an upgrade 30 to 60Hz. Just look at this video from TheXclusiveAce at 0:22... https://youtu.be/CAT7mh0e6OY?t=22

Where is the announcement of 120Hz tick rate servers ? Thats a huge thing, I think they should communicate that with proud.

And what is your opinion in this results about the 120Hz tick rate servers? Is this a bug or it is real? @Netduma Fraser

What if the test results on XR500 is a bug cuz you monitoring it on wifi? If its real how can I improve my device (R1 router) for that? What is the settings to R1 to reach 120Hz? Slider 70/70?

Battlenonsense just made a video with CoD servers on PC with 62Hz tick rate. What about it? https://youtu.be/eo3Bh69xmoQ

I think we should show him this topic to respond or explain that anomaly.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Jacques said:

And what is your opinion in this results about the 120Hz tick rate servers? Is this a bug or it is real? @Netduma Fraser

I've made a post about this previously but I can't find it now. Basically the Geo-Filter is just reporting what it's seeing. Alex would be better to give an informed comment given he tests the game as is doing so at the moment for the cloud.

10 hours ago, Jacques said:

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Alex would be better to give an informed comment given he tests the game as is doing so at the moment for the cloud.

The tick rate readout probably has something to do with the quality of your connection. People are reporting having a better experience when the ping rate readout is higher... I don't think this means that the tick rate is actually higher, but it might have something to do with the quality of the connection. Perhaps if the connection to the server is higher quality, the readout is more accurate.

Or it could be that people are just noticing patterns where none exist.