Anyone else having time to kill issues on bo4

Peter

It has nothing to do with the router but the actual game, you can confirm this by playing an older cod such as IW, AW, BO3 etc etc BO4 is hit and miss to put it politely. You could try shrinking geo filter radius to minimum and place it over the ocean and rely solely on ping assist which is the method I use most of the time. If you try that method then it is your base ping with 5 - 10ms added on top for optimal results (make sure fast search is off).

4 hours ago, Peter said:

I swear my lobbies are good but my time to kill is awful I seem to struggle in 80 percent of my games I get turned on and shit on, has anyone found a qos setup or can help me find mine cause I'm not enjoying the Duma os as much as the r1 day or the glory day should i say

just revert back? In general most people are suffering in bo4 worse than almost any cod game (as bad as AW without geofiltering honestly). But to be fair I saw people who never geofiltered and had no issues. The server is gonna test your speed to see if you have a fast enough (bandwidth) to be connecting to the server, then it wants to know your ping. So even if you qualify for those two things theres still gonna be people with better connections dumping all over you. People in parties is also another issue too, they are like invincible no matter what cod you play. Perhaps place yourself over a further location or something or maybe try an area close to you but without dedicated servers involved, that was something I had wanted to try myself. There will be PLENTY of player hosts for bo4 since theres still tons for bo3 even and ghosts. Its just the less popular the game the worse it gets. Also I dont think DumaOS for the R1 works that great for geofiltering anyways. If it does for you then awesome, but pay attention to what you connect to and see if thats the reason. I think servers give bad connections to much of an advantage because of the high tick rate, but the player hosts might be lower? I noticed as soon as the games tick rate went up, I wasnt feeling godly anymore, so now it REALLY becomes a pissing contest with connections far to much.

On 4/2/2019 at 7:50 AM, BIG__DOG said:

It has nothing to do with the router but the actual game, you can confirm this by playing an older cod such as IW, AW, BO3 etc etc BO4 is hit and miss to put it politely. You could try shrinking geo filter radius to minimum and place it over the ocean and rely solely on ping assist which is the method I use most of the time. If you try that method then it is your base ping with 5 - 10ms added on top for optimal results (make sure fast search is off).

Hey Big Dog!

It seems like us guys with the low ping, which would normally be what we’d want, seem to be the ones suffering in BO4. So would it be a good idea to try your method but searching for higher pings instead? Setting ping assist higher?

On 4/2/2019 at 7:14 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

What's the actual ping you're getting to the game? Do you actually notice any lag or is it literally just this game issue you're experiencing?

I get 30 ms usually but everyone seems like they have 300 health but I've noticed this in other cods too

4 hours ago, Peter said:

I get 30 ms usually but everyone seems like they have 300 health but I've noticed this in other cods too

All that is essentially doing is throttling your connection. It’s a placebo effect at best, I can do that same thing in any other cod and get that same feeling. It’s as if when you shoot they try to and they can’t touch you. That or the algorithm is really kicking in hard idk, but most likely it’s just a throttling effect. Everyone has issues with this game though. High ping, low ping, but what kinda pings are you actually getting in matches? I’ve been messing around with sliders as well and prioritizing bandwidth and it almost feels like when I add the port range like what’s in DumaOS and I allocated ALL bandwidth on both upload and download that the games get better feeling. Again could just be placebo but I almost never go below 70/70 Or beyond 90/90. I think anything in that area and your gonna get the best BB possible. I’ve tried going well below and it didn’t look that impressive on dslreports. But I haven’t messed with it doing ping plotter yet cuz I didn’t really get to it. Don’t feel bad though, this game is a struggle for everyone, my cousin playing on a wireless ISP is still kicking butt in blackout and in reality he should t be able to with the amount of hitter and packet loss and latency....just goes to show this game doesn’t care. 

4 hours ago, Peter said:

Same 25-30ms and people just trash me. Could be jitter on the ISP end though even if your overall ping is low. I know some people have the ping plotter showing jitter but when I’ve done tests related to it, it shows mines low. Though someone with a fiber line might have zero jitter and guess who’s bullets will work better? Even then I don’t think it always matters, the games so busted.

I have my ping assist set to 15 at the moment (my base ping is 10) and I still get owned a lot of the time in BO4. It is definately the game as I can play older cods and it plays smooth as silk. I hope MW4 plays a lot better when it is launched at the end of this year!

• Administrators
13 hours ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

Hey Big Dog!

It seems like us guys with the low ping, which would normally be what we’d want, seem to be the ones suffering in BO4. So would it be a good idea to try your method but searching for higher pings instead? Setting ping assist higher?

If you want to achieve this, I'd recommend Ping Assist at 0 and then move your 'home' location on the Geo-Filter to a server region that gives you a ping amount you prefer. For example, I know some UK players prefer the French servers instead of UK, so they use the Geo-Filter to force French servers.

Hope that makes sense.

Maybe I'm wrong no matter what I do I dont think the netduma can help I have the same issue again, bo4 is just a bad game and the netduma only serves lag, the games I get in to are toxic players just destroy me, it's like I get no aim assist on players so when they move it's like my bullets go through them and nothing and other times I'm getting hit markers but no damage I never noticed this on the netduma but Duma os is making me wonder was the upgrade worth it, like some times I beam players and them most of the gun fights it's like they have 500 hundred health, I'm lost now half thinking of disconnecting the netduma and going back to normal router, very pissed off

7 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

If you want to achieve this, I'd recommend Ping Assist at 0 and then move your 'home' location on the Geo-Filter to a server region that gives you a ping amount you prefer. For example, I know some UK players prefer the French servers instead of UK, so they use the Geo-Filter to force French servers.

Hope that makes sense.

Does this actually work tho and why are they doing that

16 hours ago, bbursley said:

Same 25-30ms and people just trash me. Could be jitter on the ISP end though even if your overall ping is low. I know some people have the ping plotter showing jitter but when I’ve done tests related to it, it shows mines low. Though someone with a fiber line might have zero jitter and guess who’s bullets will work better? Even then I don’t think it always matters, the games so busted.

Dude the game is literally bad I have  friends with lower connections and the share their internet with others and they shit on people, they keep saying to me you have great internet what you complaining about but the 30 ping games just feel so shit and unfortunately no one has an answer

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Peter said:

Maybe I'm wrong no matter what I do I dont think the netduma can help I have the same issue again, bo4 is just a bad game and the netduma only serves lag, the games I get in to are toxic players just destroy me, it's like I get no aim assist on players so when they move it's like my bullets go through them and nothing and other times I'm getting hit markers but no damage I never noticed this on the netduma but Duma os is making me wonder was the upgrade worth it, like some times I beam players and them most of the gun fights it's like they have 500 hundred health, I'm lost now half thinking of disconnecting the netduma and going back to normal router, very pissed off

Does this actually work tho and why are they doing that

Dude the game is literally bad I have  friends with lower connections and the share their internet with others and they shit on people, they keep saying to me you have great internet what you complaining about but the 30 ping games just feel so shit and unfortunately no one has an answer

Well it sounds like the Geo-Filter is doing its job by getting you a low ping and QoS is doing its job as well, theres nothing more the router can do, it's literally doing everything possible from your end. Some people claim that the lag compensation of the game favours those with a higher ping so by forcing a server further away they can achieve a higher ping. 

No one seems to have the answer to these problems with the game and I see all the Duma crew have the same issue so I dont know what to do after this might set the geo f to a bigger radius and see

• Administrators

If it's your connection then experimenting with closer servers/further away servers, barely throttling/heavily throttling etc may achieve what you want. All connections are different so its about finding what is best for you. 

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If it's your connection then experimenting with closer servers/further away servers, barely throttling/heavily throttling etc may achieve what you want. All connections are different so its about finding what is best for you. 

I doing that now thanks 

To be honest using DumaOS on BO4 hasn't been a good experience in general for most people including myself, it's like a hit or miss situation.

Playing other cod games IW,WW3, BO3 etc I melt opponents in lobbies be it connected to Peer or Dedicated server. I didn't even know much about peer or Dedi back then, until I started playing BO4 with alot of inconsistency. Been melted in lobbies bullets not registering, lag at times.

Some days are good while some is just to bad, watching killcam on bo4 I be like wtf was that. Anyways reducing my radius and moving home location to the ocean, using ping assist with fast search off did the job for me it's been much better but not great to be honest like on older cod games.

I don't know much about tech stuff like ping latency etc that happens in the background but I believe BO4 in general is just broken, yes it's a broken game in terms of connectivity issues compared to other cods. For some gamers it works to there advantage while some like myself suffer for it.

It's not the fault of netdumaR1 I believe it's just the game.

I'm going to downgrade OS, see if there is a difference in experience on BO4 on Netduma R1.

Is there settings anyone will recommend to use on the old R1 software version?

8 hours ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

I connect ALOT to peer........I’ve heard some are mislabeled & are dedi servers. Is this true? I thought we’re only connecting to dedi servers in COD?

I seen that too but I think its lies to be fear

35 minutes ago, Seye said:

To be honest using DumaOS on BO4 hasn't been a good experience in general for most people including myself, it's like a hit or miss situation.

Playing other cod games IW,WW3, BO3 etc I melt opponents in lobbies be it connected to Peer or Dedicated server. I didn't even know much about peer or Dedi back then, until I started playing BO4 with alot of inconsistency. Been melted in lobbies bullets not registering, lag at times.

Some days are good while some is just to bad, watching killcam on bo4 I be like wtf was that. Anyways reducing my radius and moving home location to the ocean, using ping assist with fast search off did the job for me it's been much better but not great to be honest like on older cod games.

I don't know much about tech stuff like ping latency etc that happens in the background but I believe BO4 in general is just broken, yes it's a broken game in terms of connectivity issues compared to other cods. For some gamers it works to there advantage while some like myself suffer for it.

It's not the fault of netdumaR1 I believe it's just the game.

I'm going to downgrade OS, see if there is a difference in experience on BO4 on Netduma R1.

Is there settings anyone will recommend to use on the old R1 software version?

I hear ya might try that myself ya can tell Duma os is still beta like the flush cloud in geo f have not worked for me since the last update

• Netduma Staff

The Dedicated Server label is something we have to do manually - there's no way feasibly for us to catch every dedi on the planet and label them as such, so there's quite a few that will still be labelled as a 'peer'. You'll probably be getting dedi's all the time without realising it.

30 ping is excellent; maybe your line isn't stable so it could be worth looking into whether you have ping spikes / jitter on your line. Pingplotter can help with that.

Sounds like the Geo-Filter is doing an excellent job in your case though - some people would kill to have a ping that low.

12 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

The Dedicated Server label is something we have to do manually - there's no way feasibly for us to catch every dedi on the planet and label them as such, so there's quite a few that will still be labelled as a 'peer'. You'll probably be getting dedi's all the time without realising it.

30 ping is excellent; maybe your line isn't stable so it could be worth looking into whether you have ping spikes / jitter on your line. Pingplotter can help with that.

Sounds like the Geo-Filter is doing an excellent job in your case though - some people would kill to have a ping that low.

There’s a way to verify by looking at the server ID, right??? Is it a “d” or an “e” or another specific letter that we’re looking for?

13 minutes ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

There’s a way to verify by looking at the server ID, right??? Is it a “d” or an “e” or another specific letter that we’re looking for?

This has been rumored to be an indication that the server you're connected to is indeed a dedicated one for years I believe started back in ghost or could have been advanced warfare, but this has not been officially confirmed. But I will say this, as I was helping @bbursley regarding the situation of the location of geofilter.

As I still have my location set over the UK, and reduce radius to a supposed mis-identified server as a peer as the IP in geofilter says

95-179-204-28.choopa.net

Choopa is indeed a dedicated server for COD, and I was paying attention to the letters in the top right, and it did not have any letters not until everyone was matched and a split second before the game started the letter "e" top right of the lobby appeared and then came the loading screen for the next match. So again, the rumor of a server being identified as a letter. Not officially confirmed but seems to be the case as the mislabeled peer icon should actually be the game server.

2 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

This has been rumored to be an indication that the server you're connected to is indeed a dedicated one for years I believe started back in ghost or could have been advanced warfare, but this has not been officially confirmed. But I will say this, as I was helping @bbursley regarding the situation of the location of geofilter.

As I still have my location set over the UK, and reduce radius to a supposed mis-identified server as a peer as the IP in geofilter says

95-179-204-28.choopa.net

Choopa is indeed a dedicated server for COD, and I was paying attention to the letters in the top right, and it did not have any letters not until the game everyone was matched and a split second before the game started the letter "e" appeared and the game started. So again, the rumor of a server being identified as a letter. Not officially confirmed but seems to be the case as the mislabeled peer icon should actually be the game server.

Thanks for the info! Is there a list of the dedis for COD by chance, or would that be way too extensive? If it’s only the icons that show up when the game boots up, then that’s not a lot.