Anyone else having time to kill issues on bo4

Peter

Dude I hear ya my ping is 14 and I alway get shot behind walls where I shouldn't and the kill cam show it oddly enough, but as I said up above with qos on and geofilter in spectate I have had a consistently had good game for the 2 hrs I played both times so you might be in to something yourself I dont know if geo is not working right but putting it that way worked for me👍

22 minutes ago, bbursley said:

Try doing what I did and just set the static IP outside the automatic assignment of the DHCP server on the Netduma. So my auto dhcp range was like idk .100-250? So I made my console set to .10 that was it was never going to change. After that I just left upnp be. I actually initially deleted my console from the devices page as well once it was off and rebooted the router after and the console. Then resetup the geo. Idk I’ve be having really good luck in games mow versus previously. Often times Qos didn’t seem like it was doing much, or geo wasn’t working for crap, and sometimes some ports would go moderate for the games I needed them for (well I mean to say it reported as moderate, which to me means something on the dhcp end wasn’t communicating right). So after that style of setup I have hardly had issues, aside from some games no favoring you having a lower ping, again I think this highly depends on the net code and what it decides to do. Like I went back to ghosts expecting to crush the lobby, instead I got melted over and over. I have found more positive results in turning the geo off or setting the radius so close that I might become host (that hardly happens). People say nat types don’t create lag, that’s bullshit. Because when you have dedicated servers involved and nat gets flaky you get stuck with worse connections. Everything works together to create a better outcome. I mean shit, I’ve been getting shot at first in some instances now only to mow down the other person instead. Gunfights that we could argue I might not probably win under normal circumstances. But this happens with many people, getting the upper hand is sometimes not intentional. Like the laggy player that just destroys you even though they shouldn’t, or the guy who’s ping is drastically better to the point where they see you before you’ve seen them. Like host advantages, ghosts was famous for that. When I go to host I would get kems and streaks like it was nobody’s business. You could have people come connect from the Uk to your host and literally just dump on them. But at the same time the reverse does happen. I think when you consider using geofilter it should be more of a tool for finding better lobbies, sometimes (like ghosts) it can work against you, especially if there’s a lot of really bad connections connecting to a specific player or server. Where as letting the game factor out the odds of a match are way better. This is why ghosts HAD the great hit detection it did. Same with most IW games. I know host in bo2 was literally a nightmare, same arguably with mw3, you get the worst latency and everyone else smashes you. 

23 minutes ago, bbursley said:

Try doing what I did and just set the static IP outside the automatic assignment of the DHCP server on the Netduma. So my auto dhcp range was like idk .100-250? So I made my console set to .10 that was it was never going to change. After that I just left upnp be. I actually initially deleted my console from the devices page as well once it was off and rebooted the router after and the console. Then resetup the geo. Idk I’ve be having really good luck in games mow versus previously. Often times Qos didn’t seem like it was doing much, or geo wasn’t working for crap, and sometimes some ports would go moderate for the games I needed them for (well I mean to say it reported as moderate, which to me means something on the dhcp end wasn’t communicating right). So after that style of setup I have hardly had issues, aside from some games no favoring you having a lower ping, again I think this highly depends on the net code and what it decides to do. Like I went back to ghosts expecting to crush the lobby, instead I got melted over and over. I have found more positive results in turning the geo off or setting the radius so close that I might become host (that hardly happens). People say nat types don’t create lag, that’s bullshit. Because when you have dedicated servers involved and nat gets flaky you get stuck with worse connections. Everything works together to create a better outcome. I mean shit, I’ve been getting shot at first in some instances now only to mow down the other person instead. Gunfights that we could argue I might not probably win under normal circumstances. But this happens with many people, getting the upper hand is sometimes not intentional. Like the laggy player that just destroys you even though they shouldn’t, or the guy who’s ping is drastically better to the point where they see you before you’ve seen them. Like host advantages, ghosts was famous for that. When I go to host I would get kems and streaks like it was nobody’s business. You could have people come connect from the Uk to your host and literally just dump on them. But at the same time the reverse does happen. I think when you consider using geofilter it should be more of a tool for finding better lobbies, sometimes (like ghosts) it can work against you, especially if there’s a lot of really bad connections connecting to a specific player or server. Where as letting the game factor out the odds of a match are way better. This is why ghosts HAD the great hit detection it did. Same with most IW games. I know host in bo2 was literally a nightmare, same arguably with mw3, you get the worst latency and everyone else smashes you. 

I don't understand the dhcp thing. I don't know how to use it so I probably won't mess with it. I'm gonna try to use my geo in spectating mode today to see what happens. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, purpleandgold33 said:

No when I had 400 down/ 20 up when I would speed test I was only getting just under 200. I tried everything to make it work. So I called and seitched my internet back to 200 d/10 up. Yes my base ping is 17ms and my jitter is pretty consistently 7-10 ms hours of testing on ping plotter. When I use ping assist in blackout. I set my geo circle to 300mi set my pa at 30ms and I still pull every server in US. Which I shouldn't be. Idk, I tried turning pa off and expanding my radius last night to see if that plays better. Not really. 

Are the games under your limit and therefore will be mis-located or are they higher?

32 minutes ago, Peter said:

Well lads I've done some testing and i seem to get better games when my geofilter is in spectators mode dont ask me why but i kill people alot easier, try it out and tell me how you do cause I tried this in the afternoon and around 8 in the evening just to make sure and I have be top of my table every game in league play so something has got to give, try it and let me know and good luck

Were you getting the same games or different ones?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are the games under your limit and therefore will be mis-located or are they higher?

Were you getting the same games or different ones?

So I have my pa set at 30ms I'll get games that sometimes are 70+ms like Cali. Last night I got one that was over a 100ms. But I think that one had to of been a mislocation or a misreading or something

3 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

I don't understand the dhcp thing. I don't know how to use it so I probably won't mess with it. I'm gonna try to use my geo in spectating mode today to see what happens. 

Well basically the router assigns Private IP addresses dynamically from a chosen range (or whatever is defaulted). So if you know the possible IP's you can use , then you can enter it manually into the console versus having the router mess with it, thus ensuring its static despite whatever the router does. Similarly you could use it statically on the router and I have, but this method just seems to work better for me. I dont think its a matter of mislocation, it sounds like you are going through the same issues I had. I actually downgraded to the version without ping assist, since when you boot the game you can see the servers, ive had alot less lag with the non PA version. But again, sometimes letting the game select the match setup for you is better than trying to force it, which is why im at the conclusion that the geo is more of a tool to use rather than a requirement. So if no geo on works better then so be it. Maybe another game you play might make better use of it. For me that game is BO3, when using games that already have generally good connections like Infinity ward games, I find it causes more lag and instant deaths. This is just due to netcode and the netduma does kinda interfere with its algorithm by purposely ignoring certain hosts. you just gotta experiment. Oddly enough bo4 for me worked fine with geo on with some matches, thats when ill expand out the circle to include the possibility of further players, but not too far. Maybe its placebo but it seems like thats how its going idk

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

So I have my pa set at 30ms I'll get games that sometimes are 70+ms like Cali. Last night I got one that was over a 100ms. But I think that one had to of been a mislocation or a misreading or something

I assume you took all the necessary steps to ensure that Ping Assist would have applied correctly? e.g. applying before game/console load, fast search off?

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I assume you took all the necessary steps to ensure that Ping Assist would have applied correctly? e.g. applying before game/console load, fast search off?

oh for sure. I set it and never touch it again. 

On 4/5/2019 at 9:30 AM, Peter said:

I hear ya might try that myself ya can tell Duma os is still beta like the flush cloud in geo f have not worked for me since the last update

I have downgraded from Netduma OS beta to the original firmware, boy oh boy the difference is clear. NetdumaOS is great especially for the new features, but on the original firmware everything works spot on BO4. I can easily tell if I missed a shot or was a hit, my aim are more precise and snap on to my target better. Still using the same settings I was advised to use.

I'm not saying NetdumaOS isn't good  but for me the old OS works better for me, I uploaded part of my game play short clips watch and see what I mean.

Second clip

29 minutes ago, Seye said:

I have downgraded from Netduma OS beta to the original firmware, boy oh boy the difference is clear. NetdumaOS is great especially for the new features, but on the original firmware everything works spot on BO4. I can easily tell if I missed a shot or was a hit, my aim are more precise and snap on to my target better. Still using the same settings I was advised to use.

I'm not saying NetdumaOS isn't good  but for me the old OS works better for me, I uploaded part of my game play short clips watch and see what I mean.

That first clip, I felt every bullet! Great stuff, Seye. One thing I would like Netduma Devs to look into also, is the ping assist V2, as a few others have experienced this, being connected to servers or hosts above the threshold when doing the proper steps of settings home location in the ocean. None the less, those are great clips, and you were able to finish it through to win the game without being sideswiped by someone else in blackout.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So if I put my geo in the ocean fast search off with pa set at 30 ms it works! Now it takes forever to find a game though cause there is only one server I connect to that meets that. So all good. I'll try to find a happy medium!

2 hours ago, Seye said:

Second clip

Hey Seye, what did you downgrade too? The original r1 firmware before OS? Can you be more precise. I want to try it and see if its better for me. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Seye said:

Second clip

Nevermind dude I read your post again you are on the original thanks! I'm doing it right now. I'll post any good gameplay I get.

the geofilter on DumaOS is def not as seamless as it was on the old OS. Took me days of tinkering to get things to work properly. On R1 OS I dont even have to tinker, I just think the anti BB on DumaOS seems better? maybe more consistent? Idk its hard to tell. All I know is when DumaOS does work properly its easily better than the other, but at what point do you stress out to much and give up. I think they need to investigate more for sure as to whats making it much more complicated. Otherwise, I love it.

BO4 and the Treyarch Devs are to blame for the bad gameplay. I deleted the game and am playing BO3. This game plays waaaaay better than BO4. DumaOS works just the game devs who are lazy. 

1 hour ago, Alex49H said:

BO4 and the Treyarch Devs are to blame for the bad gameplay. I deleted the game and am playing BO3. This game plays waaaaay better than BO4. DumaOS works just the game devs who are lazy. 

2 hours ago, bbursley said:

the geofilter on DumaOS is def not as seamless as it was on the old OS. Took me days of tinkering to get things to work properly. On R1 OS I dont even have to tinker, I just think the anti BB on DumaOS seems better? maybe more consistent? Idk its hard to tell. All I know is when DumaOS does work properly its easily better than the other, but at what point do you stress out to much and give up. I think they need to investigate more for sure as to whats making it much more complicated. Otherwise, I love it.

I just downgraded to orginal r1 and it plays way better!!! Waaayy better. Hit detection is back. First game on blackout I had an 8 kill game and then got ran over at the end. Every game I've played is way better. 

6 hours ago, Seye said:

Second clip

I was watching your clips nice, ya I used to notice alot of hit markers in blackout and they should have being deaths, I have set the Duma OS now but if my way fails me i will downgrade cause everyone is saying this so their must be truth in it, i love the Duma os so when it's fixed il be back, i also noticed well my friends have told me that sometimes in chat parties my voice does be breaking in and out, but my ps4 is prioritized so I dont no why this happens, but I only noticed this with my friend but he has a bad connection, but I have most bandwidth going to my ps4, I'll probably give it a few days and downgrade

16 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

I just downgraded to orginal r1 and it plays way better!!! Waaayy better. Hit detection is back. First game on blackout I had an 8 kill game and then got ran over at the end. Every game I've played is way better. 

So its confirmed its does work better, but what gets me is what's causing this on the Duma os their has to be an issue, at least the lads at netduma know theirs an issue somewhere so they can fix it because the games I get in to that say 20 ping dont feel like 20 ping games to be honest when your fighting players

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

So its confirmed its does work better, but what gets me is what's causing this on the Duma os their has to be an issue, at least the lads at netduma know theirs an issue somewhere so they can fix it because the games I get in to that say 20 ping dont feel like 20 ping games to be honest when your fighting players

Yep dude agreed 100%. Sa,e exact shit for me. lag fest. At least it feels like a level playing field. I'll never get OS again until they fix it.

15 minutes ago, Peter said:

I have written here that my experience is much better with the older firmware (R1). I swear its something thats not right with the xr500 with DumaOS. The QoS is good on the XR500 but its not good for gaming. I almost had it for 1 year and I gave up. I sold the XR500 to my friend and he said his base ping and bufferbloat was lower on the R1.  I have tried following the guides, written on the forums and tried alot of diffrent settings nothing seems to help. I cant get the XR500 with DumaOS to work. I think it would work better with the older firmware and with the same QOS modul in the older one.

I can give you guys a tip how to find good lobbys without geo-filter. When you start searching it tries to find low ping lobbys at first. If no lobbys found, the search will say "expanding search" and with that mean you can connect to a higher ping lobby. Example how it works for me. If I find a lobby at first try the connection might be 30ms. If it says Expanding search and I find a lobby connection might be 40ms.

6 hours ago, TrayDay said:

That first clip, I felt every bullet! Great stuff, Seye. One thing I would like Netduma Devs to look into also, is the ping assist V2, as a few others have experienced this, being connected to servers or hosts above the threshold when doing the proper steps of settings home location in the ocean. None the less, those are great clips, and you were able to finish it through to win the game without being sideswiped by someone else in blackout.

It was 4am in the morning was tired that was my 10th game in a row I was relaxed on the second clip. Just giving my team cover like a real sniper should do lol, Paladin sniper isn't my togo sniper I love the outlaw My reaction is way faster.

20 minutes ago, ZaphriX said:

I can give you guys a tip how to find good lobbys without geo-filter. When you start searching it tries to find low ping lobbys at first. If no lobbys found, the search will say "expanding search" and with that mean you can connect to a higher ping lobby. Example how it works for me. If I find a lobby at first try the connection might be 30ms. If it says Expanding search and I find a lobby connection might be 40ms.

Sooooo? Cancel search when I see "expanding search"? I honestly don't see that useful, canceling the search alone is hard at that split second the game is about to load besides the menu is laggy has hell you might crash the game or never find a lobby that what happened to be on time. I had to restart the game application to find a lobby.

6 minutes ago, Seye said:

It was 4am in the morning was tired that was my 10th game in a row I was relaxed on the second clip. Just giving my team cover like a real sniper should do lol, Paladin sniper isn't my togo sniper I love the outlaw My reaction is way faster.

I like the outlaw as well, but the pally is my go to for sure. No hit markers with that beast. Check out my vid I put in the gamer talk section. I haven't ever sniped seriously until this game. So I'm still learning!

58 minutes ago, ZaphriX said:

I have written here that my experience is much better with the older firmware (R1). I swear its something thats not right with the xr500 with DumaOS. The QoS is good on the XR500 but its not good for gaming. I almost had it for 1 year and I gave up. I sold the XR500 to my friend and he said his base ping and bufferbloat was lower on the R1.  I have tried following the guides, written on the forums and tried alot of diffrent settings nothing seems to help. I cant get the XR500 with DumaOS to work. I think it would work better with the older firmware and with the same QOS modul in the older one.

I just use qos with geofilter in spectate mode and it seems to work for me ok but I hear what your saying, but it's good to know people have the same problem as me so I'm not crazy Haha, il try this setup for a few days and if it works il keep the Duma os but if not back to the r1 for me, but I will say the Duma os is class but it's just not performing for me

20 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

I like the outlaw as well, but the pally is my go to for sure. No hit markers with that beast. Check out my vid I put in the gamer talk section. I haven't ever sniped seriously until this game. So I'm still learning!

Ya I have found tho you have to lead your shot in this game to kill aswell I'm on a fibre connection, but if I start shooting say at the back of the body I get a load of hit markers that's another thing I noticed in multiplayer, I know blackout is different that all about leading shots,