Anyone else having time to kill issues on bo4

Peter

1 minute ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

Thanks for the info! Is there a list of the dedis for COD by chance, or would that be way too extensive? If it’s only the icons that show up when the game boots up, then that’s not a lot. 

Well, there are usually multiple servers in the same location as the icon you have seen. By forcing myself to a server location, and gathering the data on the servers say, California server in Los Angeles. There would be over 15-20 IPs I could gather just from that one dot alone on the geofilter. Some come and go, or might be full and new IP for that server would open up. I don't have the list per say, but I know for sure Choopa and Vultr are one of the hosters of Activision servers.

Interesting! I didn’t know that there’s multiple IDs per icon. I have my radius locked down to what I thought was just “one” server, with strict mode on & ping assist off. Geo is working as advertised but noticed after about 2hrs of playing, the ID changed but still looked like the same icon/location. Is this why gameplay can feel amazing for a few rds, then go to crap even though the actual location didn’t change? That complicates things a bit.....just when you think you have a great server & “allow” it, it can change or does it matter, since you can just deny the new ID but not have to move your home location to find a new server?

On 4/2/2019 at 8:24 AM, Peter said:

I swear my lobbies are good but my time to kill is awful I seem to struggle in 80 percent of my games I get turned on and shit on, has anyone found a qos setup or can help me find mine cause I'm not enjoying the Duma os as much as the r1 day or the glory day should i say

Well I’ll tell you this, I played a few round of bo4 earlier and I was literally crushing people. Funny enough I noticed the players around me seemed to not be as close to the server as me and as such my bullets were melting them. I could actually kill a few people with a clip without that one shot effect. Also, my Qos on DumaOS has been working fantastic and I can say it is definitely noticeable over the old firmware. Geo for me is still so hit or miss honeslty. I have found that mainly the only game I get trouble with is black ops 3 (go figure it’s the one I actually like of them all). But I seem to be one of the only people suffering with not getting proper servers, or one of the few evidently. I mean, like everyone said all connections are certainly different, I mean CrossFit has fiber now and even he experiences the best connection when his connections throttled, and even going back to infinite warfare with speeds I have now and I was struggling to do as well as I have on DSL, which is weird because my cable connection is far better than that garbage was. So it’s really just about experiementing. I have found that 70/70 works fine, or really anything that gives you a great BB rating, different algorithms do have some effect and the hyperlane that’s on DumaOS is certainly better Thanh the old one, I was competing against really good people and still dropping streaks, albeit was still hard.

18 hours ago, Seye said:
1 hour ago, bbursley said:

Well I’ll tell you this, I played a few round of bo4 earlier and I was literally crushing people. Funny enough I noticed the players around me seemed to not be as close to the server as me and as such my bullets were melting them. I could actually kill a few people with a clip without that one shot effect. Also, my Qos on DumaOS has been working fantastic and I can say it is definitely noticeable over the old firmware. Geo for me is still so hit or miss honeslty. I have found that mainly the only game I get trouble with is black ops 3 (go figure it’s the one I actually like of them all). But I seem to be one of the only people suffering with not getting proper servers, or one of the few evidently. I mean, like everyone said all connections are certainly different, I mean CrossFit has fiber now and even he experiences the best connection when his connections throttled, and even going back to infinite warfare with speeds I have now and I was struggling to do as well as I have on DSL, which is weird because my cable connection is far better than that garbage was. So it’s really just about experiementing. I have found that 70/70 works fine, or really anything that gives you a great BB rating, different algorithms do have some effect and the hyperlane that’s on DumaOS is certainly better Thanh the old one, I was competing against really good people and still dropping streaks, albeit was still hard.

Dude I have had same thing happen to me I'm actually get aim assist on players this evening, I noticed their was a small update on the game I dont know if that has anything to do with it but the game isn't broken anymore

Yeah! I was getting aim assist in bo4 and bo3 tbh (more so bo4) and that’s when you know the connection is solid. If you look at players who constantly stomp people in the ground, I’ll use the markofj as an example....you can hear when he complains about “his gun not being on them” or something relating to him losing aim assist. It’s because those players are so used to it and getting those solid lobbies that they have it often and truthfully it’s almost like aimbot in those instances. That’s why when you die to a lot of crazy bs deaths on people who have bad aim...aim assist definitely helped them out. I mean I knew people who hated aim assist on a controller even, and I don’t know how the heck anyone can go without it on a controller. A mouse and keyboard idk maybe, but I’m awful with that anyways so it doesn’t even matter. A bot would own me easily.

I dont think the filter and the ping assist will help you. I have tried all these steps and it didnt work. I found a solution for this and it was to change console. I played alot on the PS4 and had issues with hit markers and lag. Tried the 70/70, trying PA and Geo-filter. It worked but only sometimes. So when I moved to my new appartment I tried Bo4 on my new PC and it was amazing. My bullets connected instantly. Having around 38-42 ping is amazing! So when I tried to play on the Ps4 my bullets barely connected. I had around 40-50 ping and it was horrible. I had such an bad gaming experience and raged to much so I stopped playing and I sold the ps4 and bought an xbox one x instead. (I wanted to give it a try.) I can say my ping is now around 30-40 and my bullets are connecting. Me and my friend had alot of issues when we were playing on the ps4. I think its someting with the Psn servers that sucks. And btw I live in EU. (Sweden)

On 4/4/2019 at 12:51 AM, CrossFitKila717 said:

Hey Big Dog!

It seems like us guys with the low ping, which would normally be what we’d want, seem to be the ones suffering in BO4. So would it be a good idea to try your method but searching for higher pings instead? Setting ping assist higher?

I'm thinking the same thing mate. With my OpenWRT router, I have a lower base ping and less bufferbloat yet BOps4 plays way better on my Duma R1 with higher ping.

Ping should be king but when it comes to CoD, I just don't think thats the case.

20 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I'm thinking the same thing mate. With my OpenWRT router, I have a lower base ping and less bufferbloat yet BOps4 plays way better on my Duma R1 with higher ping.

Ping should be king but when it comes to CoD, I just don't think thats the case.

My results with OpenWrt Results are better then Dumas. But for some reason the game plays much better on PC and Xbox.

15 minutes ago, Lajkasir said:

My results with OpenWrt Results are better then Dumas. But for some reason the game plays much better on PC and Xbox.

My results are very similar but my base ping is much lower than yours.

This is what I'm saying, CoD games seem to favour higher ping. I have much better games playing on the NYC server @ 73ms than I do on my local UK server @ 7ms.

5 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

This is what I'm saying, CoD games seem to favour higher ping. I have much better games playing on the NYC server @ 73ms than I do on my local UK server @ 7ms.

What console your on? When I played on Ps4 i had better gaming experience on the 50ms server then 40ms. I live in Sweden so the distance depends on higher base ping according dslreports. The servers are located in uk, germany and holland. When I do speedtest in my country I have around 1ms.

19 minutes ago, Lajkasir said:

What console your on? When I played on Ps4 i had better gaming experience on the 50ms server then 40ms. I live in Sweden so the distance depends on higher base ping according dslreports. The servers are located in uk, germany and holland. When I do speedtest in my country I have around 1ms.

Xbox One X.

Just now, Peter said:

I agree everyone thinks when you have good ping it helps but only with some games, cod favours shit internet 

Im using fiber, cat7 cables, having base ping 1-2 ms. The QOS is stable when Im testing it and 30-40 ms lobbys are working fine on the Xbox one x. 

5521C838-9A42-4FEA-BAD3-B083594B69FF.png

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

I notice sometimes people could be literally running through your bullets lol, but the game is unstable maybe time will make it better

I had these issues when I played on Cable. Cable is shit, I watched a Youtube video how it works and its horrible. I had lots of jitter and lag spikes when everyone was using the network at the same time in my location.

Guy you know what I was playing last night and I had my geofilter in spec mode and was having great games turned it to filter not so good, I'm gonna test this a little more tomorrow to see have I figured something out maybe a bug in the system or was is a placebo effect I will let you all know cause I never had such sweet hit detection in league in all my life, believe me dudes we will figure this out to help the Duma os excel.

6 hours ago, Lajkasir said:

I had these issues when I played on Cable. Cable is shit, I watched a Youtube video how it works and its horrible. I had lots of jitter and lag spikes when everyone was using the network at the same time in my location.

I've checked my connection no jitter and bufferbloat is low also, I'm testing everything, what did you do to fix?

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Peter said:

Guy you know what I was playing last night and I had my geofilter in spec mode and was having great games turned it to filter not so good, I'm gonna test this a little more tomorrow to see have I figured something out maybe a bug in the system or was is a placebo effect I will let you all know cause I never had such sweet hit detection in league in all my life, believe me dudes we will figure this out to help the Duma os excel.

Were you connecting to the same servers every time or different ones?

On 4/6/2019 at 9:00 AM, N3CR0 said:

CERTAIN cods favor higher ping lol. black ops 3 is one of those games where if you have a super low ping, youre gonna wreck the lobby unless of course there might be a 3 bar or a large group going against you. In some games having host was actually more of an advantage than anything else, like mw2 or ghosts, maybe even IW. I just know when you get host thats literally as low of a ping as youll ever get lmao, you also have a strong upper hand on the opponent. I think theres a level where your ping can be low but the players around you can really hinder that, or you can be high enough where the latency actually works in your favor. Again it really depends on the netcode, bo4 is hard to tell honestly. I had a match where I was the closest to the server and my bullets were destroying them, and if I had fiber I feel like that would be much better. I have been trying to keep my geo a little wider while still focusing on that one server im trying to connect to, that way it allows further people but not so far its actually making it worse. I know the netduma cant block people per say, but I think the game is definitely affected by how far out you allow your radius to be for sure. Sometimes if I keep it nice and tight the registration feels really equal on mine and their end, or theres that one d-bag who has like invincibility and no matter what they always have the upper hand in every single gunfight. Idk I just try and experiment around and see what works. seems like you found that for you being further worked out. Also it really just matters on how well your traffic is getting routed too. I mean sometimes I can get a higher and more stable ping that might almost be better than a lower and potentially not as stable one. In games like ghosts and IW Id get low ping lobbys and just get absolutely trashed on, so unless youre the host, your SOL lol that or better turn geo off and let the game sort out the best option, sometimes you just have to. I really only reserve geo for connection advantage games. sometimes just having really great congestion control can make all the difference.

15 minutes ago, bbursley said:

CERTAIN cods favor higher ping lol. black ops 3 is one of those games where if you have a super low ping, youre gonna wreck the lobby unless of course there might be a 3 bar or a large group going against you. In some games having host was actually more of an advantage than anything else, like mw2 or ghosts, maybe even IW. I just know when you get host thats literally as low of a ping as youll ever get lmao, you also have a strong upper hand on the opponent. I think theres a level where your ping can be low but the players around you can really hinder that, or you can be high enough where the latency actually works in your favor. Again it really depends on the netcode, bo4 is hard to tell honestly. I had a match where I was the closest to the server and my bullets were destroying them, and if I had fiber I feel like that would be much better. I have been trying to keep my geo a little wider while still focusing on that one server im trying to connect to, that way it allows further people but not so far its actually making it worse. I know the netduma cant block people per say, but I think the game is definitely affected by how far out you allow your radius to be for sure. Sometimes if I keep it nice and tight the registration feels really equal on mine and their end, or theres that one d-bag who has like invincibility and no matter what they always have the upper hand in every single gunfight. Idk I just try and experiment around and see what works. seems like you found that for you being further worked out. Also it really just matters on how well your traffic is getting routed too. I mean sometimes I can get a higher and more stable ping that might almost be better than a lower and potentially not as stable one. In games like ghosts and IW Id get low ping lobbys and just get absolutely trashed on, so unless youre the host, your SOL lol that or better turn geo off and let the game sort out the best option, sometimes you just have to. I really only reserve geo for connection advantage games. sometimes just having really great congestion control can make all the difference.

I don't play multiplayer on bo4 anymore. To into blackout. Ifkn wrecked on bo3. I had several games on dom in the 90's. Bo4 has been good at times multi wise. But in blackout I swear when I have lvl 3 armor I get melted in 3 or 4 bullets. This game is very inconsistent. At one point when I opened up all ports and turned off upnp everything worked well. Blackout different story. Just wish we could find a happy medium both for the devs of cod us the players to have good hit detection. It just makes the game so more fun to play and hard to stop playing. My basr ping is at around 17ms. To me thats pretty solid with like 10ms jitter. I've ran hours of tests on pingplotter to get my graph line as flat as possible. Honestly, the lower the speed of your internet the better. I had 400 down/20 up with charter and I switched it back to 200/10up cause eveything just ran better in my home and game wise. Honestly the r1 doesn't work well with higher speeds. I might try switching back to the old firmware and give that a try. Just to lazy to do it. If its night and day difference then I for sure would. IDK 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

I don't play multiplayer on bo4 anymore. To into blackout. Ifkn wrecked on bo3. I had several games on dom in the 90's. Bo4 has been good at times multi wise. But in blackout I swear when I have lvl 3 armor I get melted in 3 or 4 bullets. This game is very inconsistent. At one point when I opened up all ports and turned off upnp everything worked well. Blackout different story. Just wish we could find a happy medium both for the devs of cod us the players to have good hit detection. It just makes the game so more fun to play and hard to stop playing. My basr ping is at around 17ms. To me thats pretty solid with like 10ms jitter. I've ran hours of tests on pingplotter to get my graph line as flat as possible. Honestly, the lower the speed of your internet the better. I had 400 down/20 up with charter and I switched it back to 200/10up cause eveything just ran better in my home and game wise. Honestly the r1 doesn't work well with higher speeds. I might try switching back to the old firmware and give that a try. Just to lazy to do it. If its night and day difference then I for sure would. IDK 

Well above ~300mbps you're not using QoS so that makes sense but lowering your speeds otherwise could increase/decrease your base ping so other than being able to then use QoS it wouldn't help really. 17 up and down to 27ms then means your games are going to be at least 27ms depending on distance, not too bad.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Well above ~300mbps you're not using QoS so that makes sense but lowering your speeds otherwise could increase/decrease your base ping so other than being able to then use QoS it wouldn't help really. 17 up and down to 27ms then means your games are going to be at least 27ms depending on distance, not too bad.

No when I had 400 down/ 20 up when I would speed test I was only getting just under 200. I tried everything to make it work. So I called and seitched my internet back to 200 d/10 up. Yes my base ping is 17ms and my jitter is pretty consistently 7-10 ms hours of testing on ping plotter. When I use ping assist in blackout. I set my geo circle to 300mi set my pa at 30ms and I still pull every server in US. Which I shouldn't be. Idk, I tried turning pa off and expanding my radius last night to see if that plays better. Not really. 

4 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

No when I had 400 down/ 20 up when I would speed test I was only getting just under 200. I tried everything to make it work. So I called and seitched my internet back to 200 d/10 up. Yes my base ping is 17ms and my jitter is pretty consistently 7-10 ms hours of testing on ping plotter. When I use ping assist in blackout. I set my geo circle to 300mi set my pa at 30ms and I still pull every server in US. Which I shouldn't be. Idk, I tried turning pa off and expanding my radius last night to see if that plays better. Not really. 

Try doing what I did and just set the static IP outside the automatic assignment of the DHCP server on the Netduma. So my auto dhcp range was like idk .100-250? So I made my console set to .10 that was it was never going to change. After that I just left upnp be. I actually initially deleted my console from the devices page as well once it was off and rebooted the router after and the console. Then resetup the geo. Idk I’ve be having really good luck in games mow versus previously. Often times Qos didn’t seem like it was doing much, or geo wasn’t working for crap, and sometimes some ports would go moderate for the games I needed them for (well I mean to say it reported as moderate, which to me means something on the dhcp end wasn’t communicating right). So after that style of setup I have hardly had issues, aside from some games no favoring you having a lower ping, again I think this highly depends on the net code and what it decides to do. Like I went back to ghosts expecting to crush the lobby, instead I got melted over and over. I have found more positive results in turning the geo off or setting the radius so close that I might become host (that hardly happens). People say nat types don’t create lag, that’s bullshit. Because when you have dedicated servers involved and nat gets flaky you get stuck with worse connections. Everything works together to create a better outcome. I mean shit, I’ve been getting shot at first in some instances now only to mow down the other person instead. Gunfights that we could argue I might not probably win under normal circumstances. But this happens with many people, getting the upper hand is sometimes not intentional. Like the laggy player that just destroys you even though they shouldn’t, or the guy who’s ping is drastically better to the point where they see you before you’ve seen them. Like host advantages, ghosts was famous for that. When I go to host I would get kems and streaks like it was nobody’s business. You could have people come connect from the Uk to your host and literally just dump on them. But at the same time the reverse does happen. I think when you consider using geofilter it should be more of a tool for finding better lobbies, sometimes (like ghosts) it can work against you, especially if there’s a lot of really bad connections connecting to a specific player or server. Where as letting the game factor out the odds of a match are way better. This is why ghosts HAD the great hit detection it did. Same with most IW games. I know host in bo2 was literally a nightmare, same arguably with mw3, you get the worst latency and everyone else smashes you. 

Well lads I've done some testing and i seem to get better games when my geofilter is in spectators mode dont ask me why but i kill people alot easier, try it out and tell me how you do cause I tried this in the afternoon and around 8 in the evening just to make sure and I have be top of my table every game in league play so something has got to give, try it and let me know and good luck