Anyone else having time to kill issues on bo4

Peter

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Equipment is definitely a factor . These guys can afford the very best equipment, even if they're playing on a console they'll have the best version with SSDs that'll speed up loading times etc PCs that'll ensure they have the very best FPS. Monitors that have the minimal amount of response time. 

Yea, I have all of that lol Doesnt make a difference. 

On 5/7/2019 at 2:01 PM, N3CR0 said:

The games got worse since that last update. Even the menus lag now. Last night I was running round corners just to be lagged back.

Happends when players leaving and connecting.

6 hours ago, Lajkazir said:

Happends when players leaving and connecting.

And when you shoot someone, someone shoots you, when someone calls in a streak... everything causes lag now. They defo broke something in that last update.

Even getting screen freezes when the map is loading. Hope they fix this and soon.

9 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

And when you shoot someone, someone shoots you, when someone calls in a streak... everything causes lag now. They defo broke something in that last update.

Even getting screen freezes when the map is loading. Hope they fix this and soon.

Not havin that issue on Xbox. They fixed it a lil bit on Xbox I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Do any of you people ever stop to think maybe you aren’t as good as you want to be? No router, no settings, no internet will make a bad player magically the best player in the lobby. You either have it or you don’t.

I constantly hear this “shoot first die first” nonsense. Most of the time you both probably think you are shooting first. That’s the thing with game engines paired with online play. You will always see things from the past (late). Just plug in two controllers and go to a custom game and figure it out for yourself. Also, just because you shoot at someone first does not mean you shot as accurately as they did. On each players respective monitor they both appear to be “shooting first” because of latency and inherent engine lag when in reality they are probably shooting around the same time. Again, whoever doesn’t miss is going to win most of the time. If you are having troubles getting quick kills, it’s usually an accuracy issue. If you are not able to eliminate the majority of your opponents in a quick 5-8 shots in core game types, you need to actively improve your shot. If you find yourself in these engagements where you shoot 10 shots and can’t finish the enemy, disengage, regain composure, and try again. You don’t always have to commit to a gunfight. Also, move. If you sit still a lot or don’t strafe in engagements, you’re asking to get killed. You get more aim assist while moving too.

Some of us don’t miss, really. Some of us are masters division in league play because even before good internet or fancy routers, we were just better. Some people just don’t know how to play cod “right” even if they’ve been playing for 10+ years. This goes for most FPS in general.

Not trying to be a dick in this post but sometimes people need a wake up call. Stay calm and practice. And practice correctly. Bad habits and bad muscle memory are just as bad as none at all. Make a conscious effort to evaluate your deaths and what you could have done differently. Yes, you will get joked every now and then, it’s cod, it comes with the territory but if it’s frequently happening, maybe it’s time to start looking inwards.

2 hours ago, Durty said:

Do any of you people ever stop to think maybe you aren’t as good as you want to be? No router, no settings, no internet will make a bad player magically the best player in the lobby. You either have it or you don’t.

I constantly hear this “shoot first die first” nonsense. Most of the time you both probably think you are shooting first. That’s the thing with game engines paired with online play. You will always see things from the past (late). Just plug in two controllers and go to a custom game and figure it out for yourself. Also, just because you shoot at someone first does not mean you shot as accurately as they did. On each players respective monitor they both appear to be “shooting first” because of latency and inherent engine lag when in reality they are probably shooting around the same time. Again, whoever doesn’t miss is going to win most of the time. If you are having troubles getting quick kills, it’s usually an accuracy issue. If you are not able to eliminate the majority of your opponents in a quick 5-8 shots in core game types, you need to actively improve your shot. If you find yourself in these engagements where you shoot 10 shots and can’t finish the enemy, disengage, regain composure, and try again. You don’t always have to commit to a gunfight. Also, move. If you sit still a lot or don’t strafe in engagements, you’re asking to get killed. You get more aim assist while moving too.

Some of us don’t miss, really. Some of us are masters division in league play because even before good internet or fancy routers, we were just better. Some people just don’t know how to play cod “right” even if they’ve been playing for 10+ years. This goes for most FPS in general.

Not trying to be a dick in this post but sometimes people need a wake up call. Stay calm and practice. And practice correctly. Bad habits and bad muscle memory are just as bad as none at all. Make a conscious effort to evaluate your deaths and what you could have done differently. Yes, you will get joked every now and then, it’s cod, it comes with the territory but if it’s frequently happening, maybe it’s time to start looking inwards.

Yeah... coz I really got 2.7 k/d in IW by being a bad player... you have no idea what you're talking about mate.

If you shoot someone, get 10 hitmarkers with a gun that kills in around 5 and don't miss a single shot and they still don't die... 

I've registered 10 hitmarkers on an AFK player at close range before and they still didn't die.

Shoot first, die first is a thing, even the killcams sometimes show someone sponged your bullets before they even knew you were there. 

3 hours ago, Durty said:

Look I disconnected my netduma the game plays the same when connected so it's the mechanics of the game you slide or jump in a gun fight you win and the fact that projectiles are part of this game now aswell you have to be more accurate my accuracy is about 27 percent and to me that's pretty good but the guns have really different kill rates and the attachments are either way to overpowered on some guns and not enough on others if you run around with the saug and double stock you are not a good player your just taking advantage of the bullshit in this game I'm sorry to say black ops 3 was a more balanced game 

On 5/27/2019 at 12:41 PM, Peter said:

Look I disconnected my netduma the game plays the same when connected so it's the mechanics of the game you slide or jump in a gun fight you win and the fact that projectiles are part of this game now aswell you have to be more accurate my accuracy is about 27 percent and to me that's pretty good but the guns have really different kill rates and the attachments are either way to overpowered on some guns and not enough on others if you run around with the saug and double stock you are not a good player your just taking advantage of the bullshit in this game I'm sorry to say black ops 3 was a more balanced game 

This is true. It’s what people refer to as “cameraing.”  It’s essentially a layman’s term for engine lag/peekers advantage. It’s why sliding and jumping around corners is more effective than just walking around it. There’s around 100ms of lag on the other persons screen so you should see them at least 100ms before they see you then add latency on top of it and you can get a serious advantage. It’s shitty but it’s either adapt or get angry. You should try to slide around corners and cancel the slide with ADS as much as possible. The later you wait to slide around the corner the better. You basically want to slide right before you round the corner and cancel it as soon as you come around the corner and shoot the guy in the corner. This is why dexterity is such a clutch perk in this game if you want to excel. Also, do you ever feel like someone jumps over a ledge or through a window and kills you before you can even see them? Same concept except you get around a 150ms advantage. Someone on reddit did all of the engine lag calculations with respect to movement on reddit if you ever want to see them. The next cod shouldn’t be as bad as I doubt it will be as fast paced and have as much advanced movement.  

On 5/27/2019 at 11:29 AM, N3CR0 said:

Yeah... coz I really got 2.7 k/d in IW by being a bad player... you have no idea what you're talking about mate.

If you shoot someone, get 10 hitmarkers with a gun that kills in around 5 and don't miss a single shot and they still don't die... 

I've registered 10 hitmarkers on an AFK player at close range before and they still didn't die.

Shoot first, die first is a thing, even the killcams sometimes show someone sponged your bullets before they even knew you were there. 

Trust me, I know how bad this netcode is. Treyarch games always have issues with this. I’ve ran into the same issues you describe, more so earlier in the games lifespan but it has been happening much less for the last few months. 

And 2.7 kd is very good, so I wouldn’t get too discouraged from this game. Its an engine issue not a router issue or ability issue obviously. I was mainly generalizing. Sorry for coming off like a dick but a lot of people that complain just simply aren’t as good as others. I’ve seen countless posts around the web where people complaining include a video to go along with their complaints and it becomes very clear they are just getting outplayed or playing poorly. One of those posts was shared some time ago on here somewhere. I’m sure the next, slower paced game will reduce these issues. 

On 5/29/2019 at 6:11 AM, Durty said:

Trust me, I know how bad this netcode is. Treyarch games always have issues with this. I’ve ran into the same issues you describe, more so earlier in the games lifespan but it has been happening much less for the last few months. 

And 2.7 kd is very good, so I wouldn’t get too discouraged from this game. Its an engine issue not a router issue or ability issue obviously. I was mainly generalizing. Sorry for coming off like a dick but a lot of people that complain just simply aren’t as good as others. I’ve seen countless posts around the web where people complaining include a video to go along with their complaints and it becomes very clear they are just getting outplayed or playing poorly. One of those posts was shared some time ago on here somewhere. I’m sure the next, slower paced game will reduce these issues. 

Haven’t been active for awhile but after alot of testing. I don’t know what too say about call of duty . its a weird game. I have tried diffrent routers, played on diffrent consoles, monitors etc. What I can say. I prefer to play without prio. The prio makes you feel heavy and aim assist is more sticky. Without prio you feel more lightweight and the aim assist is not as sticky. (hard to explain) but it feels better without prio. Also playing on low / high bandwith is a diffrent, even on what player you play against and what server you play on.

I remember back in the days when I played mw3 on ADSL on Xbox 360 8mbit, the game feels great and smooth, and when I upgraded my internet to 24mbit I played worse. These cod games play better on lower connection for sure. Having high speed connection is disadvantage. Dosn’t matter if your ping is still good and having high speed internet connection, for some reason the guy with lower speed will still see you first and kill you instant.

On 6/2/2019 at 12:41 AM, Lajkazir said:

Haven’t been active for awhile but after alot of testing. I don’t know what too say about call of duty . its a weird game. I have tried diffrent routers, played on diffrent consoles, monitors etc. What I can say. I prefer to play without prio. The prio makes you feel heavy and aim assist is more sticky. Without prio you feel more lightweight and the aim assist is not as sticky. (hard to explain) but it feels better without prio. Also playing on low / high bandwith is a diffrent, even on what player you play against and what server you play on.

I remember back in the days when I played mw3 on ADSL on Xbox 360 8mbit, the game feels great and smooth, and when I upgraded my internet to 24mbit I played worse. These cod games play better on lower connection for sure. Having high speed connection is disadvantage. Dosn’t matter if your ping is still good and having high speed internet connection, for some reason the guy with lower speed will still see you first and kill you instant.

So maybe manually limiting the connection speed to your console might create a similar feeling to playing MW3 on 8mbps?