Jump to content
Peter

Anyone else having time to kill issues on bo4

Recommended Posts

Going back to connection advantages. Take TMem. He's on BT Infinity and using the BT Home Hub yet he clearly is ahead of everyone else. His base ping isn't even as low as mine iirc.

So how???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

Going back to connection advantages. Take TMem. He's on BT Infinity and using the BT Home Hub yet he clearly is ahead of everyone else. His base ping isn't even as low as mine iirc.

So how???

Good question. have you looked at how your traffic is routed? Perhaps he has fewer or better routes? I mean whats crazy is you can have the same ISP (in my case Spectrum in Maine), and depending on a bunch of factors, one could work better than the other. Like for me, and for say...someone else, I could have more or less congestion on my cable loop than them and that would directly affect my connection as a whole. I know cable isnt DSL but also my connection to the cable providers "central office" or basically the point where my data meets up with the servers on their end and then sends it off. So if either one of those two things were suffering in some way, then my connection on the same ISP wont be as great as lets say...someone in an area with less data traffic going on and less congestion at the office. Lets face it, they would like to tell you theres no issues but I even noticed with mine once it hits the central office, depending on how congested they get it can spike for even a split second by hundreds of milliseconds, is it causing me issues? IDK but Ive shown the cable tech whats happening and he cant do anything about it. But lets just assume Im not in the city and its more remote, but I have none of either issue, hell perhaps I even live on a main road and im getting cable straight to the line. I mean its so hard to tell. Having fiber to the home is a great start at the very least though since at least you know it doesnt suffer from noise and what not. not to mention fiber has way better throughput than copper. Thats prob why you have a better BB. Like if you had a LAN and you could use a cord capable of gigabit, or one thats not, its obviously going to be noticable, and since WANs are really just really large ass LAN networks that are subnetted by an ISP, its all relevant. So yeah, Infrastructure, traffic, etc. all make up a million factors why one person might suffer more than another. Also could be due to players connecting into your lobby. Maybe you both have the same ISP but he is near people whos connections dont cause him lag, and you are the one guy who has the fiber and others have the shit-net. So its kinda like back to what we talked about where location can be a factor too. Its honestly overwhelming to think about it because theres so much out of our control and it really sucks. If you can get 7ms solid to a server, you should be wrecking everyone else (in theory that is), assuming ping IS king. But hey then there is also this.... imagine you ALL had fiber connecting into a lobby, but you are the only player without latency spikes because you decide QOS is important to you...well now all the kids with choppy fiber might make the connection bad too. Even if its all perfect and you all had an exact stable 7ms to a game, nobody is going to have any advantage at all and youre going to feel like youre getting melted, in which case it comes down to whos display has the least input lag etc. If you display in 4k you might as well assume that youre getting input lag for sure, even if it doesnt look like it. Only really super expensive monitors out there have low 4k input lag simply because they are built to process it faster and better. Even if you have an IPS panel. So yeah in summary, were all screwed. It just comes down to netcode, how will that netcode affect you and the players around you, the ones you are all connecting into a match with. Tbh BO4 was too boring, the movement was garbage since stock was pretty much irrelevent and you couldnt add attatchments to any weapon, and streaks were underwhelming. All we can do is pray to IW for a better game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bbursley said:

Good question. have you looked at how your traffic is routed? Perhaps he has fewer or better routes? I mean whats crazy is you can have the same ISP (in my case Spectrum in Maine), and depending on a bunch of factors, one could work better than the other. 

I know that on BT there's quite a few hope before the final destination (roughly 13 hops for bt which he is on) and I am on an isp called idnet and my hop count is 4 so thats about 9 less hops to reach my destination than him, so in theory my connection should be more responsive as theres less obstacles for me.

But, there's another guy on here and he is on bt also and he has a good kd ratio so I dunno what the solution is tbh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BIG__DOG said:

I know that on BT there's quite a few hope before the final destination (roughly 13 hops for bt which he is on) and I am on an isp called idnet and my hop count is 4 so thats about 9 less hops to reach my destination than him, so in theory my connection should be more responsive as theres less obstacles for me.

But, there's another guy on here and he is on bt also and he has a good kd ratio so I dunno what the solution is tbh!

hmm, well thats kinda where I was wondering on location. If two people have BT, but one happens to be closer to a server, or have fewer hops to one anyways, then realistically that person with fewer will have a better experience than the person with more. When you think about it, each hop obviously adds more latency, but it adds more risk for issues to occur on the way. So I really think it just comes down to how you are being routed to that same server. Perhaps its not just ping we have to worry about, but stability as well. I always thought servers kind of did that when you first booted the game, or it would make sense if it did, then it could find what dedi was the best route for you. maybe this could be something the netduma team could implement upon bootup of games? ping all dedicated servers and calculate the best possible options and allow only those and deny the others? idk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

But, there's another guy on here and he is on bt also and he has a good kd ratio so I dunno what the solution is tbh!

I have 2.8 on Xbox and 3.0 on PS4, connection isn't really a problem for me most of the time. But I am not ahead of anyone and my guns don't melt like these YT'bers do.

Also, I believe I only have 6 or 7 hops on my routing which is pretty good but of course not as good as some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I have 2.8 on Xbox and 3.0 on PS4, connection isn't really a problem for me most of the time. But I am not ahead of anyone and my guns don't melt like these YT'bers do.

Also, I believe I only have 6 or 7 hops on my routing which is pretty good but of course not as good as some.

I wouldn't go off youtubers or twtch streamers as they have exceptional connections and as they make a lot of money from it then they will probably have leased lines for them to game like they do, it is not like the rest of us that do not have that luxury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm considering giving up on this game now anyways. Every match is an awful experience and not because of connections, because of my teammates.

I've quit over 200 matches this weekend, most of which in the first minute. A team of kittens would have more organisation than what I have now.

Completely unplayable and wasting my time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I'm considering giving up on this game now anyways. Every match is an awful experience and not because of connections, because of my teammates.

I've quit over 200 matches this weekend, most of which in the first minute. A team of kittens would have more organisation than what I have now.

Completely unplayable and wasting my time. 

you said it best. You cant control what the game chooses all the time, but you can control if you play the game at all, youre better off not being frustrated in the long run and finding something else you enjoy instead. I know it sucks to buy a game and then it not be what you hoped. That is how I felt with BO4, and with the last black ops games in the series being a hit, I saw no reason why this would be any less. Guess it goes to show that even really great development teams will flop eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bbursley said:

you said it best. You cant control what the game chooses all the time, but you can control if you play the game at all, youre better off not being frustrated in the long run and finding something else you enjoy instead. I know it sucks to buy a game and then it not be what you hoped. That is how I felt with BO4, and with the last black ops games in the series being a hit, I saw no reason why this would be any less. Guess it goes to show that even really great development teams will flop eventually.

Its my dumbass team mates that is killing it for me. Nothing to do with the game, the game doesn't make your teammates run out while theres threshers and snipers nests out. The game doesn't make your team refuse to leave spawn in domination so we've lost the match in the first 20 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Its my dumbass team mates that is killing it for me. Nothing to do with the game, the game doesn't make your teammates run out while theres threshers and snipers nests out. The game doesn't make your team refuse to leave spawn in domination so we've lost the match in the first 20 seconds.

actually it does lol. High KD players always tend to get matched with the noobs. So it IS the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bbursley said:

actually it does lol. High KD players always tend to get matched with the noobs. So it IS the game

N00bs will be n00bs, no matter who they're matched with ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

N00bs will be n00bs, no matter who they're matched with ;)

Oh for sure lol. I just meant that the game matches you with noobs because of your KD. It tries to balance the team by giving you the crap players. Pretty much most cods do that to the lobby and then change up depending on the result of the previous game. but yes noobs will be noobs lol, you cant change that. I could be playing as sweaty as possible and the kids on my team will be getting wrecked, while im dropping streaks on the enemy. Ill still lose because they are clueless. Kinda what has pushed me away from cod. You could be melting every player going against you and watch your teammates drop like flies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bbursley said:

Oh for sure lol. I just meant that the game matches you with noobs because of your KD. It tries to balance the team by giving you the crap players. Pretty much most cods do that to the lobby and then change up depending on the result of the previous game. but yes noobs will be noobs lol, you cant change that. I could be playing as sweaty as possible and the kids on my team will be getting wrecked, while im dropping streaks on the enemy. Ill still lose because they are clueless. Kinda what has pushed me away from cod. You could be melting every player going against you and watch your teammates drop like flies.

Its not even that though. My most 99% of the time spawn trap themselves... thats the problem!

Sometimes they even do it on purpose. I swear alot of players don't know how to even play Domination. And some don't even realise they have a gun and are supposed to shoot things with it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Its not even that though. My most 99% of the time spawn trap themselves... thats the problem!

Sometimes they even do it on purpose. I swear alot of players don't know how to even play Domination. And some don't even realise they have a gun and are supposed to shoot things with it!

ah yeah, the "timmy no thumbs" players :)). they are like maybe 10 years old and have no clue whats going on. Well we can assume arent that old anyways. But yes some people just play and dont care how much they die, its kind of annoying to be honest. TDM never seems to have those kinds of players, or at least not the ones i get into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bbursley said:

ah yeah, the "timmy no thumbs" players :)). they are like maybe 10 years old and have no clue whats going on. Well we can assume arent that old anyways. But yes some people just play and dont care how much they die, its kind of annoying to be honest. TDM never seems to have those kinds of players, or at least not the ones i get into.

I can't see how its fun for them though tbh. I quit playing Halo 3 pretty quick. Why? Coz I was shit at it and wasn't having any fun. Simples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BO4 is literally unplayable for me without forcing further servers with the Duma! I tried just hardwired to my modem with Fiber internet & it was shoot first / die first no matter what. My Ping using the Duma to check network is only 4ms!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

BO4 is literally unplayable for me without forcing further servers with the Duma! I tried just hardwired to my modem with Fiber internet & it was shoot first / die first no matter what. My Ping using the Duma to check network is only 4ms!!! 

what is the ping to the servers though? It is pretty wild that you encounter so many issues even while having an evidently amazing fiber connection. You have the R1 right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, bbursley said:

what is the ping to the servers though? It is pretty wild that you encounter so many issues even while having an evidently amazing fiber connection. You have the R1 right?

When I ping Twitter using PingPlotter, I get 20ms versus the 36-40ms I got with cable with almost zero jitter no matter what’s going on at the house . I feel I have the ultimate connection but apparently BO4 thinks otherwise. Yes, I have the R1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

When I ping Twitter using PingPlotter, I get 20ms versus the 36-40ms I got with cable with almost zero jitter no matter what’s going on at the house . I feel I have the ultimate connection but apparently BO4 thinks otherwise. Yes, I have the R1. 

i meant to the game servers lol. not to like twitter etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bbursley said:

i meant to the game servers lol. not to like twitter etc.

I’ve never done it to the game server......how does one ping the game server? Lol 😂 Everyone only talks about pinging Twitter so that’s all I’ve ever done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to kill varies far to often. I have gigabit internet and my ping is typically never higher than 15. Im assuming not many people are lower than that. Id like to think its pretty dam good compared to my old setup with 20-35 ping. with the r1 and the xr500 when it works the in game ping shows the same as my isp shows ping wise. My connection feels great but there is times where i think the other player would have a shit ping and connection which causes them to eat more rounds then it should take. 

 

Im convinced that having the best internet isnt always the best in those situations. Same gun setup in different lobbies has different results. Specially blackout. One game i can melt from a distance, others i get crapped on for no reason. It has improved with each update so i think its getting better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had one guy yesturday really piss me off.

He was weak before I started shooting and once his health bar had gone, I was still shooting, still getting hitmarkers yet despite having 0 health, he wouldn't die and he killed me.

He had 0 health yet still took about 4 shots to the chest. Complete and utter BS.

Its just another way they're making these games for kids. Kids can't afford top notch internet so those who can get punished.

Again, I'll mention TMem with his BT Infinity 55/10 connection with around 10-15 base ping using his BT Home Hub and nothing but yet he melts everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I had one guy yesturday really piss me off.

He was weak before I started shooting and once his health bar had gone, I was still shooting, still getting hitmarkers yet despite having 0 health, he wouldn't die and he killed me.

He had 0 health yet still took about 4 shots to the chest. Complete and utter BS.

Its just another way they're making these games for kids. Kids can't afford top notch internet so those who can get punished.

Again, I'll mention TMem with his BT Infinity 55/10 connection with around 10-15 base ping using his BT Home Hub and nothing but yet he melts everyone else.

I’m in Texas with 5ms ping servers, yet I choose forcing Europe servers.....I played last night on 138ms ping & gameplay was on point. Bullets actually did their job & when I died, it’s cuz I deserved it. Crazy but true story. Oh & that’s with no CC set......running 100/100 but I do have 370/370 fiber speeds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I been trying to figure out for forever why streams have near perfect hit detection. I have 400 down 400 up fiber with 2 base ping. Usually 15 ping to the server I get thrown into. Ping plotter is stable as can be, no router errors, open NAT etc. It makes no sense. Ill watch a streamers entire stream and they wont go without a match of having fantastic hit detection. 

Another thing to throw in about routes. The amount of hops do not matter if the end hop is a good ping. If there was errors before the final hop, the final hop would reflect that with either packet loss to that final hop or bad ping on that final hop. Realistically if you have a 30 ping to the server, you should have nearly no issues. There's virtually no difference between 30 or 10 ping. 

Ive had crazy theories that maybes its not the connections, maybe its my monitor, maybe its my headset since sometimes Ill test playing without sound and it will feel different. 

So yea ive basically given up trying to figure it out. Most of these streamers just have regular ISP, regular routers, no advance configs. Its just something we will never know why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JimPaps said:

I been trying to figure out for forever why streams have near perfect hit detection. I have 400 down 400 up fiber with 2 base ping. Usually 15 ping to the server I get thrown into. Ping plotter is stable as can be, no router errors, open NAT etc. It makes no sense. Ill watch a streamers entire stream and they wont go without a match of having fantastic hit detection. 

Another thing to throw in about routes. The amount of hops do not matter if the end hop is a good ping. If there was errors before the final hop, the final hop would reflect that with either packet loss to that final hop or bad ping on that final hop. Realistically if you have a 30 ping to the server, you should have nearly no issues. There's virtually no difference between 30 or 10 ping. 

Ive had crazy theories that maybes its not the connections, maybe its my monitor, maybe its my headset since sometimes Ill test playing without sound and it will feel different. 

So yea ive basically given up trying to figure it out. Most of these streamers just have regular ISP, regular routers, no advance configs. Its just something we will never know why. 

Equipment is definitely a factor . These guys can afford the very best equipment, even if they're playing on a console they'll have the best version with SSDs that'll speed up loading times etc PCs that'll ensure they have the very best FPS. Monitors that have the minimal amount of response time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...