is it me or is it more peer to peer now?

Matthew_D

so pre update everything was fine now I can't join a game to save my life an the other thing was no matter how many times I reboot none of the dedicated servers pop up in my geo maybe like once in a blue moon. not like before where that's all that came up. now I'm getting peer to peer ? an that goes for the xr500 an then I switch to the r1just to see 

4 hours ago, Matthew_D said:

Donc, avant la mise à jour, tout allait bien maintenant, je ne peux pas participer à un jeu pour me sauver la vie. Autre chose, peu importe le nombre de fois où je redémarre, aucun des serveurs dédiés ne s'affiche dans mon environnement géographique, peut-être une fois dans une lune bleue. pas comme avant où c'est tout ce qui est arrivé. maintenant je me fais peer to peer? un qui va pour le xr500 un puis je passer à la r1just pour voir 

Pareil en France avec le xr500 je ne peux plus trouver de serveur dédié avec le geo filtre activé mais bizzarement il m'envoie sur du p2p qui est à mon avis des dédié non répertoriés le ping est super lisse dessus et j'ai remarqué autre chose le ping en jeu (bo4) va à une vitesse impressionnante tout en restant lisse je pense qu'il nous ont augmenté les tickrate sur ces serveur car il sont beaucoup mon laggy pour ma part 

in Italy the same, find only peer connections, something that happened before the update with dumaos and not with the firmware vanilla, now on both finds only peer and rarely a dedicated server

• Netduma Staff

This has been caused by the latest BO4 update. We're hopeful that Treyarch will release a fix soon, as it's ruining the experience for many players. We're also looking into how it's affecting DumaOS, and if we come up with anything to help then we'll let everyone know :)

YES!!...Since the update I see myself and another friend who as good connections getting host alot more then normal. Blops3 I never pulled host (I'm sure because we grabbed more dedis) but Ive been in more lobbies where the lag was so bad it host migrated and guess who got it?? haha...Some people like grabbing host...with the lag compensation on call of duty games...its horrible for me. 

How come my asus gaming router still finding nearest desdicated server without issue? 

I think part of it was coming from lack of cloud update as well. 

Hopefully, netduma team will update cloud status asap on dumaos 

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Chaiyoabc said:

How come my asus gaming router still finding nearest desdicated server without issue? 

I think part of it was coming from lack of cloud update as well. 

Hopefully, netduma team will update cloud status asap on dumaos 

They don't have the Geo-Filter so it might be to do with the Geo-Filter or the game or a combination of both but we are investigating.

13 minutes ago, Cypher13 said:

I connected to at least two different “peers” last night that were actually dedicated choopa.net servers. Granted I had to be in spectate mode to do so. 

Thats good to know, I think they may be using P2P in some cases as well

Some peers maybe mislabeled but majority are actually peer 2 peer.  Host migration city the last two nights.   I got in some pretty wild lobbies last night connection wise.  Duma is running great so I can't fault the Duma. Treyarch on the other hand is up to something.   

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, PUBzZz said:

Some peers maybe mislabeled but majority are actually peer 2 peer.  Host migration city the last two nights.   I got in some pretty wild lobbies last night connection wise.  Duma is running great so I can't fault the Duma. Treyarch on the other hand is up to something.   

We'll see how it goes with BO4 - the situation is bound to improve over time. Looks like we're mostly in a 'hiccup' period where a few things have been broken. It won't last forever :) 

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Foedus Gratiae said:

All peer to peer last night. 

And nothing has changed this evening...

Post patch, btw.

Just a reminder: this is 2018. Unbelievable.

Are you certain they're peers? Some dedicated servers may be misclassified as peers on our system, you can look up the IP from the domain name to check

Yeah. 

37 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you certain they're peers? Some dedicated servers may be misclassified as peers on our system, you can look up the IP from the domain name to check

Yeah, I'm pretty certain. I forgot to write it down, but it was something like jacquelineforever.com or something like that. It had Jacqueline in it and lots of lag, rubber banding, etc. Worse than usual. I'll try to keep a record next time. Found it because I blocked it. See pic below.

Just played (or tried to play, game crashed yet again) on what appeared to be a dedi.

Possibly dumb question: is there a legend for the GEO filter?

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 6.47.20 PM.png

• Administrators

That certainly is an odd one, I just checked the ID and it is actually a server but I don't know why it's appeared with that domain name.

Not at the moment but you can see what the symbols here mean: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000087576-what-do-the-symbols-on-the-geofilter-map-mean-

It hasn't been updated to include Ping Assist, a host allowed by ping assist would show with a dashed circle around it.

since the update on bo4 I can say that everything is back to normal on my end with dedicated servers an stuff today. maybe not all was p2p but pretty sure it was cause I was connecting to people cause the domain id's was Comcast , an Verizon that are here in the U.S. but everything is ok now for me as of today. still people rubber banding around but that's treyarch lol