Jump to content
hfsxgunz7

Officially Giving up on this router :/

Recommended Posts

Two years ago this product worked amazing, unfortunately my experience with Black Ops 4 and the frustration behind actually finding a game has taken it's toll. I love a great server, but i literally can't find any games with the new milestone update. I have followed many instructions on optimal settings and nothing seems to work on my end. I can't play with any friends even when they are within my geo filter radius. Sorry guys at duma, i've been more than patient with this thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, hfsxgunz7 said:

Two years ago this product worked amazing, unfortunately my experience with Black Ops 4 and the frustration behind actually finding a game has taken it's toll. I love a great server, but i literally can't find any games with the new milestone update. I have followed many instructions on optimal settings and nothing seems to work on my end. I can't play with any friends even when they are within my geo filter radius. Sorry guys at duma, i've been more than patient with this thing. 

Im having the same problems.  I always loved the netduma, but I cant find any lobbies with the dumaOS firmware.  When I revert back to 6j firmware, I find great lobbies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never update to duma os, my have 6j firm, and today I cant find a single game, and I have the router since 2014, this never happen , and I play all days.

 

CFD7A57D-0102-495E-AD67-FEFE3B17A4ED.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hfsxgunz7 said:

Two years ago this product worked amazing, unfortunately my experience with Black Ops 4 and the frustration behind actually finding a game has taken it's toll. I love a great server, but i literally can't find any games with the new milestone update. I have followed many instructions on optimal settings and nothing seems to work on my end. I can't play with any friends even when they are within my geo filter radius. Sorry guys at duma, i've been more than patient with this thing. 

 

4 hours ago, nunogsm said:

I never update to duma os, my have 6j firm, and today I cant find a single game, and I have the router since 2014, this never happen , and I play all days.

 

CFD7A57D-0102-495E-AD67-FEFE3B17A4ED.jpeg

 

4 hours ago, umpmanjoe said:

Im having the same problems.  I always loved the netduma, but I cant find any lobbies with the dumaOS firmware.  When I revert back to 6j firmware, I find great lobbies

Black Ops 4 has a newer netcode and new servers in new locations have been added. This means that the ip's and their locations have to be collected and once they have all been found and compiled they will be added to the cloud and then the geo filter will work properly. The only solution at present if you are having difficulties finding games is to place your console in spectator modem until the cloud update is complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your answer is unacceptable. These people want to use their router to play they bought it for this reason. It’s been a month since bo4 launch and all you have to do is refreshing your cloud even if it’s a bit every day with info these same people gather for you....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:


I play bo4 since lunch, always with the same configuration

geofilter over spain + portugal ( 660km) + ping assist 0%, strict mode on, side bars 70/70 ( congestion control ) , i play over 600 games, i play all days about 2 hours, and i never found a single bad game, i never found problems serching games and playing.

so i supose when you say  " Black Ops 4 has a newer netcode and new servers in new locations have been added. "  this new changes are active since yesterday.

 

 

Black Ops 4 has a newer netcode and new servers in new locations have been added. This means that the ip's and their locations have to be collected and once they have all been found and compiled they will be added to the cloud and then the geo filter will work properly. The only solution at present if you are having difficulties finding games is to place your console in spectator modem until the cloud update is complete.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont update my r1, it rolls in 6j version, so 1 dont have spectator mode, i have geo filter,  strit mode, and ping assist, with geo filter larger radios, strit mode of, and ping assist 55% bar, takes me 20 minutes to find a lobby, and the conection its a incredible s**t :D  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nunogsm said:

i dont update my r1, it rolls in 6j version, so 1 dont have spectator mode, i have geo filter,  strit mode, and ping assist, with geo filter larger radios, strit mode of, and ping assist 55% bar, takes me 20 minutes to find a lobby, and the conection its a incredible s**t :D  

what happens if you disable strict mode can you find 1 then? The R1 still uses the same cloud database as the dumaOS version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

what happens if you disable strict mode can you find 1 then? The R1 still uses the same cloud database as the dumaOS version.

Already try, strit mode of takes about 20mn searching for a match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

what happens if you disable strict mode can you find 1 then? The R1 still uses the same cloud database as the dumaOS version.

big dog are you 100% sure this is true? pings are  different and locations are not the same with dumaOS vs r1original firmware

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, infernomachine said:

big dog are you 100% sure this is true? pings are  different and locations are not the same with dumaOS vs r1original firmware

The cloud database is the same for the R1, XR500 and XR700. I can find a lobby with geo filtering disabled. I have all 3 routers. That's why i was saying there have been newer servers added by activision and others removed that is why the cloud database is being overhauled and updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's give devs a break. I understand they have tons of work to do, issues to address, different games with different settings both on consoles and pc, etc. 

I don't understand though, how beta tester failed to point out all these problems before release. 

Maybe the "inner circle" should become a little wider, providing continuous feedback before the release reaches the end user. 

Anyway guys, just some random thoughts.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have tested this a lot today - continually restarting the game and playing multiplayer a lot. So far, we have not seen any change in behaviour. Our thinking is Treyarch's patch temporarily caused server issues last night so a lot of people were not able to connect to games (whether they owned our router or not). This graph for the last 24 hours suggests the same: https://downdetector.com/status/call-of-duty/news/230092-problems-at-call-of-duty

image.png

Could you all please reboot your routers, set Ping Assist to 30ms and also restart your consoles / gaming PC. Should hopefully be similar to your pre-patch experience after this.

If it is not, please restart the game again and try once more. If it continues, could you then post a screenshot of your Geo-Filter settings as this will help us to help you.

@Sgt-Greco - this has occurred post Milestone rollout. So nothing was missed in closed beta testing. Just that Treyarch rolled out a patch last night and it's causing connection problems (which we think may be for everyone). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ste G said:

I was seeing only peer servers on the xr500 last night 

Are you certain they were actually peers and not dedicated servers misclassified as peers? If you look up the IP from the domain name that should tell you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I downgraded back to the R1 over the weekend (I'm back on the milestone 1.3 as of two nights ago) I got put into a game every time with strict mode on and was always on a dedi server every game, I'm not saying maybe some could have been a peer but reading a dedi I dont know. I never got huge ping spikes on blops4 after I downgraded back to Ri1 but get then got them like crazy on the dumaos...to the point I posted on here asking if maybe there could be something in the software butting heads with blops4 and causing the high ping but never got an answer. So far (cross fingers for good luck here..haha) the 1.3 milestone isnt giving me high ping...but then again I've only played like a handful of games with it...so we shall see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you certain they were actually peers and not dedicated servers misclassified as peers? If you look up the IP from the domain name that should tell you.

Hard to tell, but in 3 hours i only played 2 games. 

Gonna test a few things in a bit, but my mates with an xr500 and r1, are having issues still so im not convinced it will work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you certain they were actually peers and not dedicated servers misclassified as peers? If you look up the IP from the domain name that should tell you.

Take a look

173.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...