Netduma vs Wolflink

sharpz44

can someone please explain to me this psn bittorrent feature I may implement one in the next upgrade. I assume its not patented ergo we can write our own version. 

Link to the video for their PSN bittorent-like feature whereby you make multiple PSN channels to the server to speed up download.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7dBa2a7Bvk

My bad. After reading through the forum, they clearly are a scam company.

Even I know how to make this video. Use the congestion control and pretend my speed is terrible and then increase my speed so that my PS4 will show the increase then I can bluff the audience and say it's my router's bittorent feature at work. Then I'll use the Network Monitor and pretend that's my multichannel downloader. LoL!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny story, hardware wise they decided V2 will have wifi AC...but then they only used 10/100 Ethernet...POS trash...you'd be limited to ~10MB/s from your ISP (Period)....

what morons.

The copys from this country always state one thing but are another.

I have seen s4 tab s5 s6 clones they state to have 2gb ram quad core etc and if you use cpuz app etc they do say they are this but if you poke further undher the hood they are single core with 1gb ram.

They do copy the sammy OS though but it is even slower (hense the real cpu ram tec) and more buggy then normal.

I don't think there's much in the way of penalties regarding patent or copyright infringement in China so they're all at it.

This is still my favourite bootleg thing I've seen from china

post-542-0-59752600-1435610006_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

haha the shocking part for me is the lack of shame. They don't seem to realise how out of order it is. Anyway we're working on it, I'm almost certain that the features won't do anything its purely GUI. Based on how they work copying the backend would be very hard and these guys don't look like they know what they're doing. 

Even if we can't get them legally I've got something up my sleeve. Don't want to be overconfident but if they have managed to they're in for a nasty surprise if legal doesn't get them which it should. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I stumbled across this router by mistake   

https://www.wolflinks.com/index.php?p=smaug2

Now looking at this it seems they use geo-filter and some other stuff, but also the new one that will be released will have 2.4ghz and 5g ghz wifi, not that I`m buying it as I`m happy with my duma, also looks like it`s made in china, so my question is that I know Netduma are a software company but would it not be good to have a device that looks like this and I feel sure that the Netduma would outperform this device, I`m sure the duma guys are aware of this product but if not then hear it is.

O and not sure how the previous wolflink performed as not many reviews on it.  

I wish I paid $79 for the netduma, the actual website and product doesn't look bad at all and yes I know they cloned the duma software but doesn't every company do that?

They take features from other companies and add their own.

At least the router is a little better and the price is way better.

'You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter!' - They can plagiarise my quote for their Ad campaign. Looks as though they like stealing ideas. Smh...

You actually can polish a turd, Mythbusters did it.

I wish I paid $79 for the netduma, the actual website and product doesn't look bad at all and yes I know they cloned the duma software but doesn't every company do that?

i have to disagree with you.

This router is all about software. And to be able to say thats a bit better you have to see it working. So far i havent seen a proof of that.

The bigges and the most simple manipulation in sale is to tell you what you wont to hear the way you wanna heare it so you think its legit. Fals is attractive and they use it a lot.

Now a bit of history on this router will tell you how much work it took and still is taking to make it. In my opinion its absolutely worth every single penn. Like Frodo and his juorney to mrdor they price to pay was huge but was worth it even though he didnt want to destroy it.

Desingh by a mlg gamer router for gamers you dont need to say any thing else. Not taking anything form rest of the crew though

If this router was different in many ways... I would say "hey they are on to something" but for them to copy and paste and sell it a discounted price (By the way, they are charging way to much). can't trust someone to really put to much into updates and USER feedback. No one should tell you what to buy or not buy, your money. My opinion is with netduma, your making a commitment to them and in return, the staff at duma is returning the favor by all the user feedback by creating updates to benefit the gamers. that to me is priceless.

1. $79 per router is no where near enough for a company that actually did the work (didn't "clone" from someone else) could charge and actually be a company

2. Their website code was also "cloned" and templates "bought" (in quotes because from their history i'd imagine also stolen)

3. The features shown haven't been proven and are literally just UI right now...

4. That router isn't better...it has a slower CPU, less ram, 10/100 ethernet...Are you just judging it on looks and wireless AC?

5. Copyright law and IP is law for a reason, because this is theft.  If I walked into your house and stole everything, then you came home and caught me...you'd be cool with me saying "i'm just cloning it dude, i'm going to sell it for cheaper than it cost you to buy, oh and i'm going to say it can poop marshmallows.."

My assumption for your argument is this, "we are all standing on the shoulders of giants" or "everything we make has one foot in the past, and one in the future".  These are quotes from GREAT men...Why did i use them, because they understood that building something off someone else's research is just how it works...but the thing you build is new and innovative not a cheap knockoff at best and a complete ripoff at worse...

Please read up on an invention, and the development of a product before saying this kind of stuff.....

IT DOESN'T HAPPEN OVER NIGHT, UNLESS YOU CHEAT

For what we have got up to now this router is worth more than we paid for it in my opinion , I have a £170 router that does nothing compare to this a part from it was great for open NAT's on multiple consoles and that is is why I bought it.

Iain is locked away hard at work now to bring us another slice of duma FW, what has the other router company done for me since I bought it , nothing.

Archived