Netduma vs Wolflink

sharpz44

How i understand it is that it have build in to=ent engine that alowes you to dwonald multiple stuff a lot quicker form psn but you have to have sd card connected as the router first dowlads that conted ona sd card and then on a console

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can someone please explain to me this psn bittorrent feature I may implement one in the next upgrade. I assume its not patented ergo we can write our own version. 

It looks like it is an external hdd system or NAS and in the gui you will set up a time to download it during the night to the NAS drive so it is ready for the day of release to transfer and play

The power of the internet whilst I`m offshore at my desk, not really sure how I managed to find it , at least you guys are now aware, I did have a little laugh at this ,hence why I put my post as Duma vs Wolflink as I knew it would get the attention, I have tried to lure them in on facebook as well as I asked how that would out perform the Netduma,   

So the question is this, will the wolflink outperform the Netduma R1 as that I would say is your nearest competator...thanks

Like · Reply · 5 hrs
  • 11017330_658676157611884_443724857698551
    Remove
    Wolflink Technology We provide an entire network optimization from the stage of downloading to gaming. Wolflink not only focus on lag elimination but also the user entertainment experience.

Then told them I had preordered it but the bait is not biting yet.......lol

Hate scam artists, I research everything that I see

What exactly are they talking about? Downloading updates for the playstation?

They are talking about having the router handle the downloading of PSN games, updates, etc. (doesn't mean you can actually play them for free, but just the files themself) and handing it off to the PS4 when done.  The way it would be done in my mind is if the router is able to act as a transparent proxy between the PS4 and PSN servers and is able to acquire the generated download link and that's when the router will download the file itself in segments/multiple threads or whatever download accelerators do to download faster (PS4 obviously doesn't handle multiple threads to download one file afaik).  The benefit of this router is that it can intelligently (as it seems, anyway!) sense when there is little to no traffic and will automatically resume or initiate the download I think.  They say you need an SD card because it downloads a copy of the game onto the SD card, and once complete, you'll initiate the download on the PS4 once again but the transparent proxy on their router will trick the PS4 into thinking that the PSN url that it's trying to retrieve is from the original PSN servers while the router will feed it the local copy that has already been downloaded.  I think it's a pretty cool feature but not one that is necessary and maybe legal on PSN.

I really don't see where Bittorrent comes into play, unless instead of the router downloading from the server it downloads the game files through Bittorrent before tricking the PS4 into thinking it is downloading the original file.

Edit:  I don't think a transparent proxy makes sense in this case, I think the router is just matching a pattern in the download link and serving back the local copy when the PS4 requests for the link again.

• Administrators

Hrm yeah I see your point, with our congestion control you should be able to download at any-time without causing you to lag anyway. Not in the next update but in future we will add USB support so you can hard hard-disks or whatever and get even more functionality to the router. At this rate we'll need to hire a new coder soon. 

Here's basically what the router does as far as downloading files from PSN.  I don't think their router requests any proxy settings to be in place so it probably just looks for a pattern in the requests/url from PS4 traffic.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341858-how-to-download-games-faster-by-using-your-pc/?p=12447181&do=findComment&comment=12447181

Hrm yeah I see your point, with our congestion control you should be able to download at any-time without causing you to lag anyway. Not in the next update but in future we will add USB support so you can hard hard-disks or whatever and get even more functionality to the router. At this rate we'll need to hire a new coder s

My son once saw that i was doing a game dlc download and he said Ive just been gaming why did i not lag "one word son , Netduma" :)

Ian, maybe you could go to there super hi tech factory and borrow some to play with....lol

anyway if I was you for what its worth I would try and buy one when it is supposed to come out, according to there website they use paypal so you would be protected, though I would personally set up a paypal account just for that one purchase.....  

Think this is interesting, also people have purchased on amazon, however scammers use lots of different people to create a mask which leads the consumer to believe it is legit....just my thought 

• Administrators

cheers mate, I've done a bit of research and I'm starting to think its a complete scam. As in you won't get what you pay for (our stolen software) at all. We take this very seriously, its not my department but there are people working on it right now so again thanks so much for posting it. 

and that is why as soon as i got to know this product and i got to know people behind it ( uk game lovers/ gamers/ zombies that spend tons of h playing MP online where others were saying it a sort of fun kinds do ) i knew its legit its like how someone can do you any harm if he is pushing this same trolley. I have complete trust in this company and have never looked back. Specially when i saw Iain Picture i was like this dude is from this same planet as i am hehehe lol it was legit for the get go for me. 

cheers mate, I've done a bit of research and I'm starting to think its a complete scam. As in you won't get what you pay for (our stolen software) at all. We take this very seriously, its not my department but there are people working on it right now so again thanks so much for posting it. 

Your welcome, I`m still working on them on facebook , When I spotted it as a Netduma owner I thought that looks very familiar, you should be able to ban that website.,...good luck and wipe them out

well depending on where the website is hosted that could be possible but if its hosted somewher in china i would not have big hopes of putting this webpage down

sharpz44 thats the version 1 on Amazon right now , without any of the features listed for the 2.

I know it is, however the version 2 which I refer to being like the Duma is due to release 20th july, that's the one that I spotted the geo filter on as Netduma is the only place I have ever seen it, so therefore they will attempt to sell that on amazon as well 

Thanks so much Lukasz!

Really Dude and when later i saw a picture of you guys with i think epsilon gaming i had exat same fell like those guys were with me on that space ship when we landet on this strange planet hehe lol

• Administrators

Really Dude and when later i saw a picture of you guys with i think epsilon gaming i had exat same fell like those guys were with me on that space ship when we landet on this strange planet hehe lol

As in you'd never seen such good Chris Kamara and Stephen Merchant lookalikes

(Joking aside, thank you)

I'm not fucking supporting them!!! This is clearly a rip off. No imagination. Also they do not have any Iian, Luke, Crosby and other in this forum. Garbage product. Slapped a new color scheme and call it a router. Yha Right!!!

Well that my good deed of the day accomplished, I might buy it and then send it to Netduma for them to check.... Just another thought I hope there is no way that this could be done in reverse by wolflink buying yours and somehow hacking the software ..... I'm sure you have that base covered

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but in their rush to clone netduma they seem to have done a copy and paste job on their forums too, saw this which made me laugh

post-542-0-84108500-1435261666_thumb.png

What a bunch of jokers.  The site may as well say

"W*lflink I fast router. very lag fast.  BUY NOW"

Hope you nip this in the bud guys

• Netduma Staff

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but in their rush to clone netduma they seem to have done a copy and paste job on their forums too, saw this which made me laugh

attachicon.gifUntitled picture (Small).png

What a bunch of jokers.  The site may as well say

"W*lflink I fast router. very lag fast.  BUY NOW"

Hope you nip this in the bud guys

haha, great spot Akic! Perfect proof that they copied them. That company went to the lowest level of low....

Archived