Netduma vs Wolflink

sharpz44

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but in their rush to clone netduma they seem to have done a copy and paste job on their forums too, saw this which made me laugh

attachicon.gifUntitled picture (Small).png

What a bunch of jokers.  The site may as well say

"W*lflink I fast router. very lag fast.  BUY NOW"

Hope you nip this in the bud guys

Never spotted that , great detective work .... Just looked at it myself ..... What bunch of idiots,I'm going to troll them big time just to keep me entertained ....lol

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad I found this as it will hopefully protect people that look on here when deciding ,if the wolflink was one of options then hopefully this will prove its a scam.... Just watched watchdog and feel like the man on the bike for rogue traders....lol

• Administrators

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but in their rush to clone netduma they seem to have done a copy and paste job on their forums too, saw this which made me laugh

attachicon.gifUntitled picture (Small).png

What a bunch of jokers.  The site may as well say

"W*lflink I fast router. very lag fast.  BUY NOW"

Hope you nip this in the bud guys

Great spot Akic, thanks.

sherlock_holmes_in_public-domain.jpg

This seems to be a complete scam, they've copied our site verbatim, their UI is basically ours with a different theme, I would not trust this. Furthermore we are covered by patents so if a single one is sold we will take legal action. 

Thanks for letting us know Sharpz 

Ditto. Thank you so much for finding this and letting us know Sharpz. As Iain said, this is intellectual property theft and completely illegal so please avoid this.

Damn it I guess I gotta close up the shop now.

um style stolen directly, i'd be willing to bet front end code stolen

...sad excuse for humans...and the 5GHz is just a openWRT supported hardware (remember that this firmware runs on all openWRT routers) the reason for them not doing it is simple...you can serial TTY connect to those routers and steal said property...

The current board doesn't allow for this, unless you know how to remove a chip and then grab the firmware off it...which is what this clone is...

if you want to give some suggestion of our product, we can deliver you a free testing version after we coded it at next month

so ,you mean because netduma do the lag reducing function, so any other cannot do this function, right?

1238720_500606716758869_8479065045939562

why we cannot offer customer the stronger router (5G) & lower price?

They say they are going to send me one

Yeah get them to send you one and send it to Iain.

Exactly my intention, they sent me a friend request on Facebook, which I blocked for obvious reasons, then when into chat with me, thought I was from netduma ....said No , told me they are releasing Smaug plus before the 2...  we will see

• Administrators

Honestly thanks so much everyone for the support. They are truly shameless, its quite disgusting tbh. Anyway I'm not going to let it stop me working on the next upgrade. Its out of my hands for now so I'll get back to work :D

had a chance to cool off.  obvious anyone can create a product that can help people. they clearly stole the idea and trying to pass it off as something they came up with That is not cool. in there video and website, they even have R1 and netduma in them. and for them saying they are not "would you trust a company like that" We got your back DUMA. hopefully you can put a squash to them and be stronger with your patens. I believe when this is all said and done, your product will over shadow anything else that people throw at you guys. The reason is "you guys are gamers" and that a big plus for us. you understand the concept and can only make things better with the updates and continued support. 

• Administrators

Not only gamers they have super-dev Iain on the team, untouchable ;)

Exactly. We have very strong legal protection in place but even if we spent £billions, there's no greater protection for our company than Iain's dev skills. 

Thanks again for all your support guys. It's a really nice feeling to know you guys have our back. #DumaArmy

Exactly. We have very strong legal protection in place but even if we spent £billions, there's no greater protection for our company than Iain's dev skills. 

Thanks again for all your support guys. It's a really nice feeling to know you guys have our back. #DumaArmy

Just say the word and they will a hundred Duma Thugs at there door :) 

• Administrators

lol I think that's a bit too high an accolade Luke but #DumaArmy all day err day

• Administrators

lol I think that's a bit too high an accolade Luke but #DumaArmy all day err day

Take a compliment bitch.

People are always gonna try and steal someone else's brilliant ideas,as they are just that ...brilliant.Not to mention in lots of cases very lucrative,this is what makes the world go round    ;)

Most of these knock off's are shit and by the time the consumer realizes it,it's to late their money's already gone and all they have left is a reminder of how far people will go to make a buck in the world today,really sad.

Wow.. The interface is exactly Netduma's with colour and picture changes. WTF.
Albeit it looks extremely ugly to the max. Hahahaha

PUiIZe8.png?1

it is truly sad, but looking forward lets make the Duma even better! 

Agree!

The idea behind capturing the game download stream and opening multiple channels so that you'll increase your PSN game download speed is brilliant though. 

Though as you can see, the weak hardware LAN port 100Mbps connection is a real bummer. LoL!

XYXGpeC.jpg?1

Archived