Jump to content

Netduma Fraser

Administrators
  • Posts

    87510
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    1947

Everything posted by Netduma Fraser

  1. That's impossible, it passes all traffic through to the router. Can you provide a screenshot of where it says offline please?
  2. Changing MTU would not have an affect on your gaming. As long as the value you've set isn't fragmenting then you're good. Even if I knew what the MTU for the servers were which I don't (I've never looked into the ability to check a server MTU value but I'm certain you would need to get a ping response from them which for most servers they block) setting them to be the same wouldn't do anything.
  3. The above link should work, for the Geo-Filter: Disable GeoLatency Disable PingAssist (set it to 0,0) Enable Strict Mode Disable Fast Search Then restart game or wait 10 minutes (in the lobby in the game). If that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and it should work then.
  4. Exactly as above! I also don't know what they would be using personally on their side of things
  5. They will be servers but just misclassified as peers, not to worry, it's just visual!
  6. Do you have the full logs I could take a look at?
  7. It not providing internet is a side effect of the router not working properly because it can't be accessed. Set a static IP on the PC with the following details IP address: 192.168.77.100 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 Default gateway: 192.168.77.1 DNS: 192.168.77.1 If you're not sure how to do this, you can check this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows then try accessing 192.168.77.1 please and see if it works.
  8. It's probably something we can resolve now if you want to continue troubleshooting
  9. It doesn't immediately block as this could be used to kick people from games, once you have disconnected from the server and waited 2 minutes (so the connection is severed), it will then be blocked.
  10. As above, let us know how you get on!
  11. No you don't need to change this
  12. Good advice above, are you running the speed test/Ping Optimizer when it happens by any chance?
  13. You don't need to do anything with Ping Heatmap really, select the game and allow it to ping then use the information to inform your Geo-Filter settings.
  14. The R3 WAN IP should be set as static/reserved on the Verizon router so the IP doesn't change, then put that in the DMZ
  15. Best to make a new topic and we can focus on you there but do other devices disconnect or is it just the gaming device dropping you from the game? Under what circumstances on the game is this happening? For example, could it be trying to change the host to one outside your radius?
  16. You can't influence where other players connect to, you can only influence what server you connect to - are you connecting to the Brazilian server?
  17. What changes are you making exactly? I'm not able to reproduce it on a later firmware so may be it has already been fixed
  18. That isn't possible, what's your usecase? Perhaps I can offer an alternative
  19. Couple of things to try: Set Firewall to low Enable SIP ALG Give the R3 a static/reserved IP on the hub and put in the DMZ
  20. In that case as I mentioned the R3 and you can keep your XR500 and put that in AP mode to get extra range
  21. I get that but just for troubleshooting purposes could you try it and see whether the same issue happens please?
  22. Use Games Console for Traffic Prioritization, also set the Congestion Control percentages to 70% for download and upload. You're only covering the Spanish server which is notoriously hard to force, you're going to be waiting a long time to get a game, you'll need to expand the radius a bit.
  23. That's very subjective, it depends entirely on what you want, do you want newer software and AX WiFi for example? If you did then after the next update is out I'd say the R3.
  24. They have to do security updates as it's very serious if they don't, you'll notice there is nothing else in those updates - they also don't have to answer to anyone as it's their router. It will be coming. Companies will always be doing more than one thing at a time that is normal.
×
×
  • Create New...