-
Posts
87507 -
Joined
-
Days Won
1947
Everything posted by Netduma Fraser
-
No worries! There is a newer version in Early Access you can try, but other than that we're testing a new firmware at the moment that should help with that so that'll probably be the next one
-
NEW XR500 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535
Netduma Fraser replied to Netduma Lew's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
It's right above that RC14 -
When you ping the server it will have a server ID it will be a short alphanumeric string
-
NEW XR700 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.363
Netduma Fraser replied to Netduma Lew's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
I think I've mentioned this to you before but the individual services like Valorant etc was done for PC gaming, for consoles it was always that you should add it with the Games Console service. I get it once worked like that but it wasn't intended. It will prioritize the game just as well using the Games Console service. I'll talk to Alex and get his take on it also. -
It's unlikely to be a firmware problem: https://support.netduma.com/firmwares/netduma-r3/ Either you're experiencing local congestion which needs to be counteracted, ISP congestion/issues or the servers are misplaced - if you can provide the IDs I can double check. None of these would be solved by earlier firmware.
-
What do you mean by doesn't respond exactly?
-
R3 loses ppoe connection every 24 hrs
Netduma Fraser replied to extremeborg's topic in Netduma R3 Support
We are looking into that issue for the PPPoE disconnect but I've given you access to try it to try it and see if it is more stable for you -
Question: How to move settings from XR500 to R3?
Netduma Fraser replied to ejmereen's topic in Netduma R3 Support
There isn't a way to export/import between the routers - they both have completely different hardware and software -
I've given you Early Access for the R2 beta, see if that performs any better for you https://forum.netduma.com/forum/144-netduma-r2-early-access/
-
Unable to connect directly to ONT Via PPPoE
Netduma Fraser replied to Vaex Darastrix's topic in Netduma R3 Support
Presumably you set the PPPoE details in the setup wizard, I believe there was an issue with it there on an early firmware. As you've now updated, update the PPPoE details - even if they appear to be the same in Settings on the router then save, connect it up direct to the ONT, reboot, wait 4 minutes then see if you get a connection. -
Ethernet port (1) / access to internet not working?
Netduma Fraser replied to RedBearNAaron's topic in Netduma R3 Support
Are other devices having issues over ethernet or is it just the Xbox? If you disable the Geo-Filter does the Xbox then get a connection/complete the NAT test? -
Through DHCP and put the XR in the modem DMZ and you're good to go
-
Okay so you put your PC in the DMZ, not the router, I would not advise that as it is a security risk. Use port forwarding instead, it's safer.
-
Yes Geo-Latency could allow that to happen so if you want to use Ping Assist exclusively you'll have to disable it
-
Geo Filter not showing up my PC on Black Ops 6 Multiplayer
Netduma Fraser replied to Sameer's topic in Netduma R3 Support
Thanks, that makes sense, we're testing it with game pass currently so it's probably why it's not working as reliably in that situation. Use it as a PS for now, you'll get the same benefits in the meantime. -
R3 - EAFC25 - Smartboost not working as it should
Netduma Fraser replied to BernieNoel66's topic in Netduma R3 Support
How is it directing you to the worst server exactly - using a relay server? -
Using Exitlag in tandem with DumaOS
Netduma Fraser replied to allmyfault's topic in Netduma R2 Support
Not that I know of no but it has been requested before so I will pass on the interest but there is no guarantee that would happen. I do know especially for people that have bad routing that it can really help. Appreciate you letting us know once it arrives! -
Uso obrigatório do dumaos
Netduma Fraser replied to Agner's topic in Feature Ideas & Improvements for DumaOS
Thank you for the report, I think we may be aware of that but I'll pass it on. -
XR500 beta is here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/51611-new-xr500-beta-firmware-33535/ Added you to R2 Early Access: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/144-netduma-r2-early-access/
-
No it won't affect performance. Prioritizing the group prioritizes everything included in that group and of course selecting a service specifically is more targeted so it really depends on what you want to prioritize.
-
Using Exitlag in tandem with DumaOS
Netduma Fraser replied to allmyfault's topic in Netduma R2 Support
Gotcha, it's unlikely the router will see it currently - I don't think we've specifically tested with it. Only with a VPN applied on the router itself which we know works. Let us know, do you see any game servers on the map with it applied? -
I've given you Early Access, please see if it's better on that firmware https://forum.netduma.com/forum/151-netduma-r3-early-access/
-
Using Exitlag in tandem with DumaOS
Netduma Fraser replied to allmyfault's topic in Netduma R2 Support
I understand that and you're using it for the right purpose definitely, I just meant if you're going to select the UK for ExitLag to also mirror that on the Geo-Filter as well so they don't conflict and compliment each other - you may not need both but if won't cause you issues that way. -
Using Exitlag in tandem with DumaOS
Netduma Fraser replied to allmyfault's topic in Netduma R2 Support
Presumably you just need to mirror the location area on the Geo-Filter as the same one you've set on Exitlag
