BO3 Beta Netduma Reports

Dillinger

anyone else not seeing the connection meter any more?

I'm sorry guys I'm quoting myself but something weird is going on here.

I was hosting a few games in a row (don't know how that happened). I was the only one with 4 bars.

When I hit "options" to check my ping, the connection meter was missing. (Check the vid below)

When I joined an other game the ping meter was back on.

Is it me or has happened to you too?

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching some streaming on Twitch and I just saw my first quick scope kill.  It took the guy two tries, he missed on the first with no hit markers, and the second one was in the center of the back.  Didn't look terribly bad like Blops 2, but I do think that rifle comes up AWFULLY fast for a bolt action there Dave....

i dont know which sniper the guy i was playing against was using but i am sure they will figure out the best setup to become more than annoying.

not only does that suck about playing today but also using all the SMGs and none are good at all... and shotguns are useless with the poor connections, you simply dont have a chance to easily get close enough and too often i was just getting a hitmarker that should of been a one hit kill on a pump action. you would have to run a pistol until you hit a building and then switch weapons.

Slowly getting the hang of this, Just had a couple of good games of dom but people still playing it like tdm I'm afraid,

The missile strike thing is a bit OP I think, I mean it takes out the entire map. Id love to see how long a player would last calling that in on a Hardcore game lol.

Playing a lot better tonight not as much lag or wtf moments and thanks to my R1 I can download Lara all whilst still playing. :) Although the matchmaking leaves a lot to be desired. lol

All 10 plus level on one team all sub 10 on the other.

Annnnnd back to not finding a game lol

All 10 plus level on one team all sub 10 on the other.

Hey, I'll take this instead of SBMM any day of  the week, and twice on Sunday ;)

Soon, we'll be high level and all the low level noobs and people just curious about CoD will be joining this weekend (most likely) and we can roll all over them like the Raptor killstreak.

Hey, I'll take this instead of SBMM any day of  the week, and twice on Sunday ;)

Soon, we'll be high level and all the low level noobs and people just curious about CoD will be joining this weekend (most likely) and we can roll all over them like the Raptor killstreak.

we would if we could actually get more than 3 games a night, or even connect to friends.

After 2 nights and days of trying to play Blop3 beta I went back to AW and it was a flipping blast. top laugh for 2 hours. Now that is sad. I know its a beta but really??????!!!!!!

so anyone run across the last specials unlock [lvl28 i think]? my son has it. you die... you wake back up. no death. his other "power" is this swarm that eats players alive. 

LAST STAND BACK IN THE GAME! but worse. you arent stuck on the ground but play dead for a second before rising from the dead full health again.

I'm just going to throw this out here for Ian, Fraser and the Duma crew:

Is there any way Activision could nullify the Duma Geo Filter and PA?

If you don't want  to answer in public, I understand.

I ask because the game keeps getting WORSE even with Duma. I feel like I am a second behind everybody even when I ping the closest to the server / host!

I know the sycophants on the Official CoD Activision forums hate the Netduma, and want it classified as a cheat... Just because they don't have them and it's a threat to their e-manhood... But if Activision has found a way to bi-pass, or get around the R1, then this is not good news anyway you slice it.

I hope I am  wrong and this is because it is a beta, but like I said before, my gut says we will  have to suffer through this horrible connections at least until the first of the year when the first patch with "connection optimizations" comes out :(

One thing I forgot to mention and that I will give Treyarch props for is the SOUND DESIGN.

The weapons, thuds, bullet impacts, explosions etc. are top notch. 

It sounds like a Lucas Films Skywalker Ranch mix (THX) and reminds me of Star Wars -- the classic films -- Because of the sound samples they used.

The game may be "iffy" in terms of connection, but the sound design just exhibits a feeling of being a kid again, sitting in a dark theater watching the Rebels and Empire go at it :)

actually had a fun few games tonight on it even while losing dom matches... dropping 40+ bombs and half dozen or more caps while my teammates had no caps and more deaths than i had kills and as many kills as i had caps. thats losing in style.

game shows signs of brightness, and then explodes in your face with lag again.

i do see why they dont let you party up though, it would be a shitfest for everyone playing that wasnt in a party. that part of this whole beta kind of makes the game fun again.

I just got out of a DEMO game where my team consisted of  three clan members, myself and another random.

We won, by the way.

I detonated the bomb twice; once in regulation play and a second time in OT  :D

The party function is working just fine... ;)

*I noticed the same damn thing about DEMO that I mentioned about DOM. I detonated the bomb twice which you would think would give me beau coup points, but just like in DOM, the guys who were doing most of the slaying (defending) got higher scores than I did. This has to be an oversight because this means playing the objective is worthless. Just turn every match into a varied version of TDM because that is what you get scored on, apparently?  :wacko:

I haven't played the game but just listening what other people are saying. The game has the same Treyarch B.S. but it is FUN. That's what I'm hoping for.

That's the whole goal right? FUN! I hope I can just have fun like the old days. So far I'm on the right track.

Oh last nights session was a struggle to be honest.

One thing thats wonders me its that nobuddy on youtube seems to struggle with connections on this beta.

One thing thats wonders me its that nobuddy on youtube seems to struggle with connections on this beta.

Ive only seen one youtuber having the stuttering / stopping lag

l was on an a good connection last night played really well interested to know if your getting the same host as me lukasz as i think your in the london s.w area same as me i was getting the big circle always at the bottom of the UK pinging 15-20 i presume thats a dedi were you getting the same host?

the ping thing in the pause menu.... goes from like 35ms when waiting for game to start, then starts fluctuating horribly immediately upon starting and will jump to 125ms+, then down to 50ms and back up and all over. anyone bother to watch it/check it while playing?

the ping thing in the pause menu.... goes from like 35ms when waiting for game to start, then starts fluctuating horribly immediately upon starting and will jump to 125ms+, then down to 50ms and back up and all over. anyone bother to watch it/check it while playing?

Yes I watch it all the time and yea it is all over the place.But I don't think it's very accurate,I still trust the duma over anything else.

The good news for me is I get into game fairly fast being in the U.S.

The problem is the game feels like I am literally a second behind everybody else with the typical shots not registering, being killed with one shot B.S., etc.

I know what we're getting into. It's the same modified Q3 engine, blah, blah,  blah. The point is this does feel worse than AW because  AW in comparison is like Ghosts in terms of performance and hit detection with the Netduma.

So, I hope this is just a beta problem because it would make sense if this is the first time the servers have been fully loaded with this many players AND the game itself isn't finalized, yet.

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worse come Nov.

Also, Drit0r was having problems with his connection day one of the beta as well and we all know he has an R1, too...

Archived