BO3 Beta Netduma Reports

Dillinger

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem I have with this game is the Netduma ping does not correspond with the in-game ping, and... I will take the Netduma over anything Activision puts out any day of the week.

The reason this is a sticking point with me is because I may "ping" 20ms to a server / host according to the R1, but my in-game ping reads 66ms (or more) and fluctuates rapidly (yet shows not jitter)... And the game FEELS like I'm playing on a 66ms+ server rather than a 20ms server / host.

As others have said, it's like you are a second behind.

I'm dying from one shot kills out of nowhere that are NOT from sniper rifles, I get three, or four hitmarkers, yet the person one-shots me and gets the kill.

This may be all par for the course with CoD, but I think I've had enough.

The game itself is not that bad, IMO, but the technical side has become unacceptable in this day and age given the resources and technology that exist at this current time. Shame... :( 

i think the in game pings are fairly accurate. i think that because after those instadeaths almost always there was a 400ms+ spike when it happened. the problem i am seeing is there is a HUGE variance watching the ping indicator but i do also know ping varies through the game.

played a fair amount of time the BO3 beta now and i need to say, how on earth can you guys play CoD on a regular basis (lagwise!)

even with the tightest geo-filter and ping assist, idiots from around the world are in the lobby and the lagcomp still screws you over as you are one of the very few with a low ping to the host

i mean sure the game playes even worse when you play on a high-ping host, but the experience on a low-ping host is anything else than acceptable

the game is only playable when you have host, and man the difference is huge when being host

the M8A7 with no attachements actually is a one burst kill when being host even on midrange, offhost its a two hit burst on close range at best

i dont think ive ever played a game with such a bad netcode, and this game has one of the biggest development budgets around

really a joke

i dont think ive ever played a game with such a bad netcode, and this game has one of the biggest development budgets around

really a joke

The thing is though, it varies from one title to the next. Infinity Ward, for all the hate they receive, has spot on netcode that resembles other games like BF, Halo, CS, etc. It's the BO-branch of the engine and development... Namely, Treyarch... Who are notorious for terrible netcode. They make fun games, just bad online PVP. CO-OP and Zombies function well because it's players versus the A.I., so netcode isn't as crucial in these two game modes which is probably why PVP suffers since they all share the same code base.

Is anybody willing to try BO3 on the XB1, next week?

I am, out of curiosity because it would be pretty ironic if it plays better on XB when Activision just switched their support to Sony...

I only have the XB1, so I have been waiting for next week and am still looking forward to it for a lot of reasons, some of interest to this forum for sure.

Microsoft is in my backyard.  After AW dropped, and I got my R1, I was able to put my very small host right over the server farm for the MSFT dedi's and get in games with no problems. Now, I didn't enjoy the game, so I didn't play that way for very long and it was well before we got some software upgrades that helped with the dedi diagnosis.

I should be able to give a pretty solid game play experience as I have been playing nothing but Blops 2 for a year straight.  If the game itself is wildly different, which I don't believe it is, I'll be able to expand on it pretty quickly.  Now if it plays what I consider well, and I don't have the connection issues as I am so close to the server farm, it will go a long ways towards answering some questions.  If I like it, which I expect I will, and it plays like shit on the dedi's, we'll ALL know where the problem really lies and we can start telling the rest of the CoD community before everyone starts blindly bashing 3arc.

I just realised that by not throttling my speeds, the game plays so much more smoothly and consistently better and getting me a fantastically high K/D almost every TDM game even with a 100+ms ping(in-game) and 70ms ping(in Netduma) every game on the Dedicated Servers.
And now the beta has been extended. What better way to fully utilise and understand whether the full multiplayer game experience will be this good for you too. So keep on gaming guys! And for those who say it's laggy, maybe it's time to get better connections cos this game is sure benefiting those with good connections and speeds to the server.

Treyarch better be careful because if they keep extending the beta, they are going to wear out any novelty it might have had when the game drops in November. 

Granted, there is still the CO-OP campaign and Zombies, but still. This is unprecedented, but I have to wonder if this is a good strategy down the road? Hmm... 

Well, if the connection aren't bad enough, I'm encountering a lot more mouse & keyboard emulator users.

How can I tell?

Because their aiming looks like an "aim-bot" that just floats effortlessly from one target to the next. These kids are getting triple and quad feeds and I know it's because of M&K emulators like ChronosMax and others... Not because of "raw skill".

*Sigh*

It just pisses me off because people won't play by the rules. If you want to play K&M, play on PC. Oh, I forgot. All of us lowly "console peasants" have to kowtow to the "master race's" every wish because mommy and daddy bought them a $1000 cyber PC, so they think they know how to "build" one. GTFO with that B.S...

really a joke

The thing is though, it varies from one title to the next. Infinity Ward, for all the hate they receive, has spot on netcode that resembles other games like BF, Halo, CS, etc. It's the BO-branch of the engine and development... Namely, Treyarch... Who are notorious for terrible netcode. They make fun games, just bad online PVP. CO-OP and Zombies function well because it's players versus the A.I., so netcode isn't as crucial in these two game modes which is probably why PVP suffers since they all share the same code base.

In my experience, I find that the Hit Detection has been very responsive and spot on which is a first for a Treyarch multiplayer game.
It is all thanks to the new guy working at Treyarch.
What we are complaining about is the netcoding for dedicated servers as well as host.
But that's the thing. Before we complain, when you shoot, do you see hitmarkers? If yes, the Hit Detection works. Then, did you experience shoot first but yet you die first? If so, then you should look at your ping and also the people you are connecting to. Are they physically closer to the server than you?

If they are, that may be the problem. I can honestly say, I experienced more fair fights whereby if I have a 70ms ping, I will lose to the guy who obviously has a better ping since he is physically nearer to the host than me.

So what I do is limit the Geo filter to my area and region and slightly reach the dedicated server's location. So that when I search for a game, it will find me a lobby with players closer to me than the Dedicated Server most of the time. As a result, I will have a more balanced game where everyone's connection to the server is almost similar.
At least that way, I can acknowledge a fair fight if I were to lose to you since we are fighting on slightly equal grounds.

Well, if the connection aren't bad enough, I'm encountering a lot more mouse & keyboard emulator users.

How can I tell?

Because their aiming looks like an "aim-bot" that just floats effortlessly from one target to the next. These kids are getting triple and quad feeds and I know it's because of M&K emulators like ChronosMax and others... Not because of "raw skill".

*Sigh*

It just pisses me off because people won't play by the rules. If you want to play K&M, play on PC. Oh, I forgot. All of us lowly "console peasants" have to kowtow to the "master race's" every wish because mommy and daddy bought them a $1000 cyber PC, so they think they know how to "build" one. GTFO with that B.S...

I tried limiting my geo-filter to only the US. What a nightmare it was! Quick scopers all over the place. Campers with their LMGs so if you say there are keyboard and mouse users too, I will 100% believe you. LoL!  :P

But my experience was on the first day of the Beta. So it could just be the tryhards.

I've not dared to play with US players since.

what are you trying to say about us?

Oh trust me. I have better respect for you guys than Japanese players which has been spoiling the COD community in SEA for years in COD.

If you think there are some skilled campers, wait till you see a whole bunch of them in a lobby. They have mostly been very filthy campers that made it awful for me to play on SEA. That is why the Netduma's Geo-filter was like a heaven-sent device and feature that I've yet to see any 'gaming' routers possess.

I had more reasons and the main reason to not play in a US lobby is because, like I said in a previous post, this game values good connection players. So no more, if I am the only laggy player in the game will I be able to take advantage of the unbalanced Lag Compensation in the past to win. So that was another factor.

I was kind of excited as this was the first COD game where I can actually play with US players without needing to be in a party with the party leader coming from the US.

So yup. That's the bigger factor that made me go, nope. Can't handle not only my laggy connection to them so how can I even think about defeating them when I'm already dealing with my poor connection.

How can I tell?

I'm not saying you're are wrong. But in my opinion all you see is that the aim assist is ridiculously strong in this release. That's more an advantage for the controller player than for the m&k player.

Hi,

My geofilter seems to be overridden in the beta.

If I switch it on on strict then it starts looking for games inside the filter. Right now there seems to be no p2p down here in south america so it doesn't find any games inside my filter.

Then after like 5-8 minutes of doing this it will automatically get connected to a dedicated server in california which is way outside my geo-filter radius. This is the same dedicated server it connects to when i disable geofilter all together.

Not really sure what is happening to be honest?

Oh and btw I find the game really good. I got no lag issues and good hit detection. 

In general it felt a lot more like b02 to me. The only complaint I have up to now is that i don't like the maps. They seem designed with too many tight spaces and corridors and head glitch spots to my liking.

I'm not saying you're are wrong. But in my opinion all you see is that the aim assist is ridiculously strong in this release. That's more an advantage for the controller player than for the m&k player.

It's not aim assist... Which isn't as strong as people think.

One person was literally floating from one person to the next in the killcam.

Mouse movement mimics an aim bot, but since this is the PS4, it hasn't been hacked yet like the previous generation consoles, so I know it's not a hack.

thats true, aim assist is ridiculously strong in BO3 and that heavily plays into the favour of controller-players

with a mouse and keyboard emulator you are almost on a disadvantage, mouse movement are by nature a lot different to analog-stick movements as a mouse produces unlinear, jittery movements with inconsistent velocity

analog-sticks are very straight, almost jitter free and of constant velocity

the aim assist is only taking note of these typical analog-stick movements, hence with a mouse you have far far less aim assist than with the controller as its movement-output is a lot different

most people think that when playing with a mouse adapter on console you get 100% the same aim assist as with analog-sticks, thats totally not true, you only have a fraction of it

However, they make up for the lack of aim assist by being able to move more precisely in a shorter span of time (with smaller movement than an analog stick).

I've been playing PC and console games for almost 20 years. So, I know what using a mouse... even on a console... Looks like compared to standard analog sticks with, or without aim assist.

The problem I have with this is it's technically cheating because of the advantageous precision one gains using an emulator. I watch the kill cams for some of these triple kills that I am co-starring in and the user is definitely using a M&KB emulator because of how fast and smoothly they track targets. Even with aim assist, analog sticks aren't as precise as a M&KB.

wouldnt say so, in BO3 playing with a controller is basically just rough swipe into the direction of the opponent and have the aim assist do the rest, a lot of people abuse this by increasing their stick speeds to pretty high values to swipe faster over the opponents to get the aim assist

the thing in BO3 is that the aim assist will only let you go if you peg the stick to the very max, which means as soon as you almost swiped over the opponent you slightly reduce your analog-stick pegging to eg 95% or less so you are caught by the aim assist

actually a tip for every controller player, once you are on the opponent dont max out the analog-stick

in addition BO3 uses a very stong first snap aim assist, which favours faster stick movements even more

this will then look similar to a mouse movement, but its done by analog-sticks

mouse adapters are still pretty rare among gamers if you look into the sale-numbers, you dont run into a mouse user very often

Anyone have any reports on the EMP grenades and their effectiveness?  I saw a Thunder video where he was carrying the Black Hat and he was saying that it is really OP.  Are the EMP's worth carrying?  Or are the stuns a better choice?

Anyone have any reports on the EMP grenades and their effectiveness? I saw a Thunder video where he was carrying the Black Hat and he was saying that it is really OP. Are the EMP's worth carrying? Or are the stuns a better choice?

Haven't used them. But are you ready for it on Wednesday? I can't wait and hope it is just as fun on the Xbone!

I have given up on it, and deleted the beta. It has played like AW on a bad day for me, very laggy, losing virtually every gunfight.

So don't think I will be getting the full version until all the bugs have been ironed out.

But, again it's the connection issue that will determine whether this is a success or not.........

One of the modes I really like is Safeguard because it's VIP with a twist.

Not only that, but it requires real team work... Unlike even game modes like DOM... Because you must protect the robot, or make sure it doesn't walk into your base. I'm pretty much going to finish out the beta playing only this mode because not only is it fun, there is real team work going on whereas the other modes are just variants of TDM, in my opinion.

Archived