Firmware 3.2 for XR500

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, Dean.L said:

in the 3.2  will we be getting the auto function on Congestion Control and if so what eles is to come and hello

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yes Auto Setup will be present, it will pretty much get it close to the current R2 offering with a few things missing like mobile view

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Quite possibly the XR1000, it's hard to gauge currently but they'll all be quite close together I should think

I thought it would be the XR700 next in line as the one waiting the longest for updates.

Hope u guys fix a update for XR700 been waiting for years for fw ever since fw 1.0.1.36 from 12-2020 there hasnt been a update in 2 years 

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yes Auto Setup will be present, it will pretty much get it close to the current R2 offering with a few things missing like mobile view

i was refuring to the auto Congestion Control as i seen on other youtube vids and never fond it on the current firmware and is the info on what will be in 3.2 for the xr500

like ping optimiser

many thx

On 11/22/2022 at 3:01 PM, Netduma Liam said:

We've been testing the bug fixes since the last test internally to verify they're going to work before getting another build. It's all looking good so we're now waiting on the next build from NETGEAR.

Once we're happy with this one we'll go ahead and release it here and on the NG forums as a sort of 'beta' firmware so it doesn't have to wait on NG testing. 

There's been some issues with the XR1000 which I need to catch up with the team on later, I'll update the firmware progress article once we've discussed that.

@Netduma Liamthats good news. I look forward to trying out the 3.2 beta. More than happy to try it out with caveat that there may still be some tweaking required. Thanks guys for keeping us updated, we know where the delay has been.

• 2 weeks later...

Any news other than the ping ponging firmware back and forth between Netduma and Netgear?

Are you guys aiming at trying to release a firmware that's 100000% bug free? ( a pipe dream imo)

Are there any more major bugs left or are those all squashed right now, if so why is it still taking so long to release something to us in a beta form to the masses so we can uncover the new bugs? I thought Netduma stated they worked so hard on creating a setup to bring out firmware fast? what the hell is going on?

Do you feel confident that 3.2 will come out for xr500 before the devs and programmers take their winter vacations? you know, an answer like, yes I feel very confident but no guarantees would go a long way.

The majority of us have been very patient, but c'mon give us something already please, it does not have to be 1000% perfect.

I'm just so discouraged about how long it is taking, its not a good sign of things 

Are you able to confirm whether this release will be available before Christmas? If no, which I strongly suspect, please let us know so we can at least stop checking for updates.

I agree with above, I appreciate it can be complicated but its taking far too long for updates. I just hope the wait is worth it. 

Totally understand your guys feedback, we felt confident with the last firmware we tested that we would start giving it out before Christmas. Upon receiving a firmware with remaining bug fixes, there were some regressions. We've since fixed those and are testing those fixes as I write this. If the next firmware comes back with all these changes implemented and regressions fixed, I feel a release before Christmas is likely, however as you say, there's no way I can guarantee that.

18 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Totally understand your guys feedback, we felt confident with the last firmware we tested that we would start giving it out before Christmas. Upon receiving a firmware with remaining bug fixes, there were some regressions. We've since fixed those and are testing those fixes as I write this. If the next firmware comes back with all these changes implemented and regressions fixed, I feel a release before Christmas is likely, however as you say, there's no way I can guarantee that.

Ok, thanks @Netduma Liam. I think its the lack of updates from Netgear thats been frustrating. I would have thought they could be more transparent with their release cycle. The release of 3.2 for their hardware is a big deal for their patient customers (current and future).  This is not a good advertisement for their products.  Wish I had brought an R2 instead at this stage.

On 12/8/2022 at 5:31 PM, Stilts29 said:

Ok, thanks @Netduma Liam. I think its the lack of updates from Netgear thats been frustrating. I would have thought they could be more transparent with their release cycle. The release of 3.2 for their hardware is a big deal for their patient customers (current and future).  This is not a good advertisement for their products.  Wish I had brought an R2 instead at this stage.

Same . Only Reason i got the XR500 is because Import Duty is high in India.  Should have just spent a little extra and got it . I Understand that they have to wait for netgear to approve it , but i dont see why they cant upload it here naming it as Beta .  Hopefully the new firmware comes soon.

On 12/10/2022 at 12:47 AM, dv_boy said:

Same . Only Reason i got the XR500 is because Import Duty is high in India.  Should have just spent a little extra and got it . I Understand that they have to wait for netgear to approve it , but i dont see why they cant upload it here naming it as Beta .  Hopefully the new firmware comes soon.

I'm tired of waiting it's been quite a long time I'm about to switch to asus I like the Duma features just tired of the very long delays on firmware updates!

5 hours ago, ryekye said:

I'm tired of waiting it's been quite a long time I'm about to switch to asus I like the Duma features just tired of the very long delays on firmware updates!

I agree with you there.

On 12/16/2022 at 9:56 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Not to get you all too excited, we're just assembling a small group of XR users to test out the latest firmware once it's ready.

If you can send me a DM to let me know if you're interested, we'll note your name down and let you know if/when we've added you to the group. 

Excited to test this. 

Just take into consideration that impatience has ran through everyone that probably doesn’t even post on this board anymore. We have and HAD waited more than one year to get an update. Also from my recollection the last firmware that is not directly linked to download on netgear support page is not official per Netgear standards. 

Again Netduma got into a twisted relationship with netgear period. The question I find myself at is why isn’t the Netduma R2 or older routers that are not holding hands with netgear already past “beta” firmware’s with “much faster testing techniques ? “ 

In the end we all have valid degrees of frustration and impatience. Personally my xr500 has been in the closet for going on six months and I have been on my isp provided router. 

the best advice I can offer is to just bookmark the progress page and take a seat with the rest of us on this bus 🤣

https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000132677-dumaos-firmware-progress