Firmware 3.2 for XR500

We've had a lot of problems getting the XR500 on 3.2. The reason testing is taking so long is because it's not just testing, we've found a couple of big bugs, had to debug them, send patches/fixes to NETGEAR, then when we get a firmware back with that fix we are able to test deeper and uncover new issues. We're now waiting on an updated build with some new fixes to continue testing, we'll update the progress page accordingly today.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dialatech said:

@Netduma LiamWhat's the latest on this ? Have you had the firmware back from netgear with the fix?  Is it getting any closer to release time?

We believe we're getting close now, we've fixed what we believe was the last big bug and are now awaiting more firmware. Once we've got that we'll test again and if it's all good we'll go ahead and start releasing it.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

We believe we're getting close now, we've fixed what we believe was the last big bug and are now awaiting more firmware. Once we've got that we'll test again and if it's all good we'll go ahead and start releasing it.

Thats Great news. I'm ready to test if you need anyone. My router has been sitting in the cupboard for a while now. 

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Once the 500 is done we can then proceed with the 700 and hopefully shouldn't be too long after

Thank you for your reply, cant wait to try out 3.2 on XR700.

Btw plugged yesterday my XR700 with 1.0.1.34 fw in and it performs way better on Cod MWII then the R2 or the ASUS router that I was fiddling with the past 2 weeks due to not so good hit reg and a bit delayed feeling in-game.

Felt the difference immediately hit reg with the XR700 is on point with the 1.0.1.34 firmware and same settings as how I configure the other routers.

On 11/7/2022 at 4:11 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Has the DHCP bug been resolved ? 

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

We still need to endurance test it so we don't know for sure, but it includes a lot of fixes that resolve similar issues on other units so we're hopeful it has.

Hopefully it releases soon too

On 11/10/2022 at 7:54 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

We still need to endurance test it so we don't know for sure, but it includes a lot of fixes that resolve similar issues on other units so we're hopeful it has.

Thank you. 
I hope it does . Thats the only problem with this otherwise excellent router.

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Stilts29 said:

Any update on this Liam? Still with Netgear? 

I still wouldn't hold your breath, it then has to go through netgear testing and the XR1000 has been sat on waiting for netgears testing for months. The netduma testing was complete and fine ages ago but no idea when netgear will pull their fingers out and release it.

2 hours ago, Stilts29 said:

Any update on this Liam? Still with Netgear? 

We've been testing the bug fixes since the last test internally to verify they're going to work before getting another build. It's all looking good so we're now waiting on the next build from NETGEAR.

1 hour ago, leeeroybiscuit said:

I still wouldn't hold your breath, it then has to go through netgear testing and the XR1000 has been sat on waiting for netgears testing for months. The netduma testing was complete and fine ages ago but no idea when netgear will pull their fingers out and release it.

Once we're happy with this one we'll go ahead and release it here and on the NG forums as a sort of 'beta' firmware so it doesn't have to wait on NG testing. 

There's been some issues with the XR1000 which I need to catch up with the team on later, I'll update the firmware progress article once we've discussed that.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Liamand where does the update for the XR700 stand right now after XR500 beta will be pushed out ?

Don't have any sort of timings for you but once 500 is done then that is a big hurdle preventing the 700 from getting the update so in theory shouldn't be too long after but won't be immediate

36 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Don't have any sort of timings for you but once 500 is done then that is a big hurdle preventing the 700 from getting the update so in theory shouldn't be too long after but won't be immediate

But I assume the XR700 will be the next one after XR500 to get the 3.2 update ?