Development Diary

Netduma Iain

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So mid October I might have the jitter dampening update...

I'll be patient I guess, won't come here until then as the UK folk will rub my face in it.

you can always play the UK colony card to sneak into the test ;)

Won't be back from Glasgow until the 14th to try it ^^

Care to explain what "Some other minor goodies" is? :P

you re going to watch Germany vs Scottland qualifiers? :)

Ok here is the plan. I'm going to release the minor update beta to UK based users next weekend (Sep 13th). This will include:

• Optional password control
  • 900mbit speed increase (turbo mode)
  • MSS clamping for hopefully faster VPN bandwidth
  • Some other minor goodies

If that passes the short beta we will release the minor update to everyone. Then after that I will release the new anti-flood (includes anti-jitter and anti-spike) in beta to UK based users only. This should be about a week after the minor upgrade is out. This beta will last at least a week to two weeks. If all goes well I will release another update with just that.

Then I'm redesigning the whole engine to link all the features we want this will include:

• View data usage per device and total
  • Put data usage limits per device and total
  • Application layer throttling using our DPI
  • Fine QoS control and fairness sharing
  • A lot more I'm not going to reveal as I don't want competitors knowing how it works until we patent it (or release it)

Hey Iain,

Any chance that one of these updates will include Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet?

Please Please Please

How do I get the beta? Uker here

the correct question would be how and where can i give feedback on the beta :P

beta builts arent meant to be grabbed and then vanish but to give feedback primarily, also the beta can brick your router and youll need a new one so think twice before you want to become Iains guinea pig ;)

rumours on the street say Iain often oversleeps the daily feeding-time!

I did a rigorous testing of the Maximum Throughput that I am getting and the results are quite amazing.
Do note that 'up to 900Mbps' is considered as a Theoretical Speed. And with more thorough testing by many users, we can get the real Throughput of the router on the new firmware.

NETDUMA R1 Maximum Throughput                vs                      Normal Router Internet Speeds
4665497608.png4665517140.png

The Netduma sure comes close to being a true replacement router other than just for gaming.

I did a rigorous testing of the Maximum Throughput that I am getting and the results are quite amazing.

Do note that 'up to 900Mbps' is considered as a Theoretical Speed. And with more thorough testing by many users, we can get the real Throughput of the router on the new firmware.NETDUMA R1 Maximum Throughput                vs                      Normal Router Internet Speeds4665497608.png4665517140.png

The Netduma sure comes close to being a true replacement router other than just for gaming.

There still may be some tweaking needed from Iain perhaps, whilst I doubt I'd ever have speeds like those on your Duma, it can't hurt to try and aim for the speeds on the right :)

• Administrators

In the lab I've managed to get 900mbits. It fluctuates sometimes I haven't figured out exactly what causes it but you should at least get 700mbits pretty steady. 

I could spend more time optimising but I think development time would be better spent somewhere else :) 

In the lab I've managed to get 900mbits. It fluctuates sometimes I haven't figured out exactly what causes it but you should at least get 700mbits pretty steady. 

I could spend more time optimising but I think development time would be better spent somewhere else :)

Exactly. Most users here don't even have such speeds and it really is not necessary especially for gaming. (unless of course it is your main router)

So Kudos to Iain for at least acknowledging and providing a feature to a very rare bunch of users like me with my overpowered Internet speed.  :)

Edit: This is my final absolute best speed I can get out of the R1.

BBc8xcb.png

Here's the testing I've been doing going back and forth between my normal router and the Netduma. (I saw a better Netduma score in it. Oh no! My apologies for not posting that instead.  :P )

It could be the cable or another factor but it seems quite definite for now. Anyway, I will change the cable tomorrow morning and redo the test when the traffic's free.

Netduma vs Normal Internet Speeds comparison testing below.

WZzbky4.png

Archived