Development Diary

Netduma Iain

awesome beans, if you can do videos please do share mate. 

you funny, it's all coded backend there isn't anything visual yet on the new code...I can show breakpoints and stuffs. :)

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minor update, got the anti-spike, anti-jitter, etc working in the lab now. It does great on all metrics. Now I plan to take it out of the lab environment into the wild for real world testing. 

Can you test this with COD:AW and Halo MCC please?

Password protection! Meow! I'm really about to have to pull the router and use another. To be honest, only the device manager page needs protection.

why does it need additional protection?

you have a Wifi password that you can extend to 100 digits if necessary, no way someone will sneak into your Wifi

aside from that you can set the host adress of the R1 in the LAN settings to some super crazy one thats anything else than usual, chances are extremly low someone sneaks into your 100 digit Wifi and searches for a 192.168.20.1 to enter your router interface

you have a Wifi password that you can extend to 100 digits if necessary, no way someone will sneak into your Wifi

aside from that you can set the host adress of the R1 in the LAN settings to some super crazy one thats anything else than usual, chances are extremly low someone sneaks into your 100 digit Wifi and searches for a 192.168.20.1 to enter your router interface

His family can access the duma gui page and turn back on things he wants off , so a password on accessing the gui would be great for some.

• Netduma Staff

And all you have to do is find the default gateway (which is shown on all the network information on almost every device) to re-access the GUI :)

yeah, there is WiFi protection already... i need to limit my kids internet and gaming time. i cant have them waking at 6am to game bypassing my blocking their device on the R1 etc... i have even been deleting the browsing history thinking they were just looking at that but noooo, even my 9yo knows the gateway IP and how to find it.

yeah, there is WiFi protection already... i need to limit my kids internet and gaming time. i cant have them waking at 6am to game bypassing my blocking their device on the R1 etc... i have even been deleting the browsing history thinking they were just looking at that but noooo, even my 9yo knows the gateway IP and how to find it.

Kids today are so tech savvy.  The amount of information available and their ability to find it, never ceases to amaze me. 

even password protection isnt safe with him... i have to make him look away when i enter codes he shouldnt know, picks them up first time.

start using 1password/LastPass, make your master password something over 25 characters...something like "my name is procreate and I think my son likes to break my soul because he doesn't understand the world"

this password is something you will remember and can type fast, but this example:

It would take a desktop PC about 5 quintillion quinquagintillion  years to crack my password!

Oh, I have my own way of messing with his ability to track what I am typing. He is just quick if he notices the patterns. He would probably get that password example. I have to type nonsense.

Day two Iain. They are getting thirsty.

• Administrators

Ok just a minor update. I have got the new algorithms working in the wild and I'm now back in the lab with the aim of taking the incredible results so far and trying to get them as close to perfection as possible. I've already discovered some interesting causes of latency that have nothing to do with networking.

The delays are coming from system mechanisms, so we can reduce that further. I think we need to move away from a router being a computer that can route to a device dedicated to the task of routing with the extra ability to handle some user tasks, turn things on their head. Anyway I've allocated myself this week and weekend to squeeze as much performance as possible.

After that I'll do a write-up for myself and revisit it in a few months. This will leave me time to get all the feature requests developed and bring out an update afterwards. I know its been a while but research is an extremely slow process. You have no idea if the alley you go down will yield any positive results. I guess research is a bit like gambling in that way. 

Anyway thanks to everyone being patient on the next upgrade, exciting times are ahead.

How about a very small update to password protect the device manager page? I NEED this badly. It couldn't take more than a second to do. Otherwise I really am going to have to take out the r1 in favor of a router that can protect logins and device management.

thats great to hear Iain, take your time to research everything man!

though i wouldnt make updates too large with too many features in it at once as this makes bugfixing from community-feedback on the new firmware a lot more troublesome i guess

Archived