Development Diary

Netduma Iain

I've posted this before, but I will post again in case anyone missed it.

@Netduma_Iain

Follow him on Twitter and you will be able to see his daily progress, and the possibility of a man going slowly insane  :D with a workload that would choke a hard working Mole rat.

Progress takes time.  When you are turning the world on it's ear and bringing a whole new way to do something to market, it takes significantly longer.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avete già il miglior router in circolazione , cosa volete di piu ?? Stanno già lavorando come cani per far uscire un aggiornamento perfetto , rilassatevi , bevete birra , prendete a pugni qualcuno nel mentre.. Buon lavoro Fraser!!

Was just wondering when we'd expecting a beta? (I understand we are all waiting for a finalized version, but how about the beta build (1.3.5) that half the competitive players have and don't actually report a single issue?)

Was just wondering when we'd expecting a beta? (I understand we are all waiting for a finalized version, but how about the beta build (1.3.5) that half the competitive players have and don't actually report a single issue?)

It had reported issues, restarts, no working congestion control with Turbo mode and one user bricked their Duma... I'd say a fortnight, but I could be wrong.

Iain indicated via Twitter that he's also tweaking the Linux code the Duma uses to dedicate more of it for routing...

Well as soon as the update is out im gonna have to do a new review in french for youtube. The update is huge and will change a lot believe me. 

Salut :) c'est quoi le nom de ta chaine youtube?

J'ai déjà du voir une de tes vidéos sans le savoir.

Well as soon as the update is out im gonna have to do a new review in french for youtube. The update is huge and will change a lot believe me.

Agreed man! This new update will make the duma even better! Will be like a whole new router!

It's like two Christmases! Bo3 release and the new duma update :D!

Salut :) c'est quoi le nom de ta chaine youtube?

J'ai déjà du voir une de tes vidéos sans le savoir.

Unreal =) 

je crois pas que y a d'autre vidéos en français en tout cas la dernière fois que j'ai verifie

So is the anti jitter/anti spike for pre emptive algorithm or does this apply to reactive as well?

Could this feature help with gun fights? I mean pub and ranked play play fine. But when playing GB's in private matches every gun fight I went into I would get a lag spike and 80% of the time loose the gun fight because of it. Even though the host was pinging at a steady 35ms ping I Still had that issue.

Could this feature help this or am I totally wrong in thinking what this feature will do?

:)

Aha is this what is happening when i get a quick pause or stutter as i am shooting someone and just when i feel they should be dying i do instead?

Aha is this what is happening when i get a quick pause or stutter as i am shooting someone and just when i feel they should be dying i do instead?

I believe so man! This was a while ago I made this post, since then doing more research and learning more I have found having the steadiest ping possible helps hell of a lot for lag comp so the game can rewind time(lag comp) more precisely resulting in fairer gaming.

Also I have found using pre emptive algorithm with deep packet processing on the game is unbelievable amazing! Even though I have a speed that is recommended for reactive, the pre emptive algorithm works better for in game spikes and makes the game a lot fairer.

Make sure you use deep packet processing when using pre emptive though.

Also just so you know the anti jitter/spike algorithm will be even better than the algorithms now so I cannot imagine how well the game will play then!

We will still come across bad host but there's nothing that can be done about that! (Unless they purchase a duma :P) but at least we will know that our connection truly is the best it can be at all times :D! So excited for it man!

Unreal =) 

je crois pas que y a d'autre vidéos en français en tout cas la dernière fois que j'ai verifie

Je savais bien que je te connaissais  :)

J'ai utilisé le lien de ta vidéo sur le wiki: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=what_does_the_router_dofr mais je n'avais pas encore trouvé une citation qui permettait de se donner une première idée du routeur.

It had reported issues, restarts, no working congestion control with Turbo mode and one user bricked their Duma... I'd say a fortnight, but I could be wrong.

Iain indicated via Twitter that he's also tweaking the Linux code the Duma uses to dedicate more of it for routing...

Dumb unrelated question: Did you used to frequent teamxbox?

Next update will be more changing than the upcoming one I think. At least for me anyway since I can't take advantage of turbo mode.

There's authentication for logging into the router interface in the upcoming update, didn't you need that?

Je savais bien que je te connaissais  :)

J'ai utilisé le lien de ta vidéo sur le wiki: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=what_does_the_router_dofr mais je n'avais pas encore trouvé une citation qui permettait de se donner une première idée du routeur.

haha donc cest de la que vienne les views XDDD tu parle de quoi comme citations?

• 2 months later...

Anything new that y'all have made progress on/towards?  Do you feel confident in delivering the revolutionary QoS in January (or was it Q1 2016?).  I now you don't give dates, but still a general timeline would be nice.  Sorry if I've missed this information elsewhere. :)

.6 firmware is next will fix Device prioritisation issues, will fix Turbo Mode issues some people are facing and will implement a fix for those with PPPoE Congestion Control hiccups.

​.6 will add a feature known as Hyper-Traffic (placing priority first with either XBL or PSN etc...) there will be an addition of profiles, if I understand Iain's tweets correctly, we'll be able to save profiles for games right down to Geo-filter Home placement, radius and KM's/Miles, we'll also be able to share with other Netduma users.

​For the sake of not disappointing anybody the Netduma team seems to be taking a "it will be done when it's done" approach, if people recall .5 had some issues releasing and because it didn't meet the expected ETA people gave the team a hard time, what also needs to be understood is Netduma's Iain is one man, he works on the firmware alone, after its completion it's set for testing after it passes the tests with the canary beta testers then we'll get our hands on this awesome piece of code. :)

​I'm hoping for late Jan, I could be wrong though, I'm just a consumer and fan who is following Iain's every tweet about the new firmware.

Archived