NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.205

Netduma Liam

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, BarniKiLL said:

I've tried this and none of it shows for me. Can't find spectating mode etc. No one in my Party chat even shows on the Geo filter. Just got off the phone with my internet provider and they said everything shows great on their end. Something is wrong with my router but they can't help because it was not purchased through them. Really frustrating.

Spectating mode is just disabling filtering mode. Are the people you're trying to talk to all on different platforms?

25 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Spectating mode is just disabling filtering mode. Are the people you're trying to talk to all on different platforms?

No we are all chatting through Xbox Live private party chat. It even kicks me when I am the one that "hosts" the party chat.

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, BarniKiLL said:

No we are all chatting through Xbox Live private party chat. It even kicks me when I am the one that "hosts" the party chat.

I assume if you disable filtering mode you can all connect? If so then they are probably appearing on the map but disappearing very quickly, there may even be a party chat server you need to allow as well.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I assume if you disable filtering mode you can all connect? If so then they are probably appearing on the map but disappearing very quickly, there may even be a party chat server you need to allow as well.

No it doesn't matter if the filtering mode is enabled or disabled. Constantly removes me regardless. I have no idea how to find the party chat server. Nothing even shows up on the map at all when I have a party up... Only when I join a game lobby.

• Administrators

If when it is disabled it doesn't work then it may be something else. In Traffic Controller make a rule to allow ALL ports to the console and then try again, also what is your NAT and your friends NAT type?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If when it is disabled it doesn't work then it may be something else. In Traffic Controller make a rule to allow ALL ports to the console and then try again, also what is your NAT and your friends NAT type?

I just did the traffic controller allow all and that's interesting. Wasn't aware of that feature.  Going to mess with that one.

My NAT type is always OPEN because the R2 does a fantastic job on doing that all on its own. 

Some friends have moderate but if its my party I don't understand why it is kicking me. My friends are majority OPEN also and it will do it with just them. One friend in particular that has great internet.

No matter what my ISP says I still blame them a little lol I live in the middle of no where in Wyoming and even though its their higher package 80 down and 5 up is hardly great.

12 hours ago, BarniKiLL said:

I just did the traffic controller allow all and that's interesting. Wasn't aware of that feature.  Going to mess with that one.

My NAT type is always OPEN because the R2 does a fantastic job on doing that all on its own. 

Some friends have moderate but if its my party I don't understand why it is kicking me. My friends are majority OPEN also and it will do it with just them. One friend in particular that has great internet.

No matter what my ISP says I still blame them a little lol I live in the middle of no where in Wyoming and even though its their higher package 80 down and 5 up is hardly great.

Great, let us know how you get on with it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 8:48 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Hey all, hope you’re doing well.
Here’s the latest firmware update for the R2 – 3.0.205 (Sounds great, right?)

Nothing huge - but it welcomes several stability, security and general cosmetic improvements to your R2. 

We recommend you make the upgrade and do a full factory reset afterwards, just to make sure you're starting from a clean slate!

You can go ahead and download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/49gt1wxva9rxame/DumaOS-R2-3.0.205.sig?dl=0

Those that have an R2 on pre-order, rest assured that it will come with this latest firmware pre-installed - if you have any issues or queries, just give us a shout!

For the techies amongst you, here's a more detailed change log:

• System-wide GUI improvements to both cosmetics and Security
  • Increased DHCP cache size to 10000, stopping DHCP from being filled by 1500 requests
  • Improved Traffic Prioritisation for wireless devices
  • Fixed occasional issue where IPv6 devices weren't assigned DHCP IPs
  • DumaOS webserver fixes for improving operating smoothness of GUI
  • Improved DPI detection services
  • Improved Bandwidth Allocation backend

hey i just received my new r2 and i set it up but it does load the geofilter nd now its just a red window with nothin in it. wat can i do to get it fix???

• Administrators
8 hours ago, joangoflo said:

hey i just received my new r2 and i set it up but it does load the geofilter nd now its just a red window with nothin in it. wat can i do to get it fix???

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Clear your web browser cache/cookies and refresh the page. Also if you have Adblocker enabled on the web browser disable this.

Hi, I AM still running the orginal stock Netduma R2 firmware because it ran ok.

My question is worth to upgrade when it runs ok now?

And if I want to upgrade from stock can I Just go all the way to this one, or do I need patch that lays in between.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, fakkel said:

Hi, I AM still running the orginal stock Netduma R2 firmware because it ran ok.

My question is worth to upgrade when it runs ok now?

And if I want to upgrade from stock can I Just go all the way to this one, or do I need patch that lays in between.

Thanks in advance.

That's entirely up to you, if you're happy with how everything is performing then I would go on the side of caution and stay put personally. Should you encounter an issue though then I'd suggest upgrading. You can go straight to .205, you don't need to update in sequence.

21 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

There are currently no plans to bring Adblocker to the Nighthawk Pro Gaming range I'm afraid!

is that netgears call ?..will it not be in the rapps store

4 hours ago, NpR7 said:

is that netgears call ?..will it not be in the rapps store

We didn't add it initially as we thought it may have conflicted with other features of Netgear's routers. That's not to say it won't happen in the future, there just aren't any plans for it as yet.

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Not just yet, we are working on it though. We'll be sure to post here once we've got a new one for release.

thank you liam

On 4/15/2021 at 2:28 PM, Netduma Liam said:

We didn't add it initially as we thought it may have conflicted with other features of Netgear's routers. That's not to say it won't happen in the future, there just aren't any plans for it as yet.

Edited by NpR7

hello i have an issue with my r2... this is the 3rd time it happned that ..out of nowhere my router goes off, no wifi, no ethernet, no nothing but my modem shows that i have internet.. i have to restar the r2 to get signal.. wat can i do???

• Administrators
7 hours ago, joangoflo said:

hello i have an issue with my r2... this is the 3rd time it happned that ..out of nowhere my router goes off, no wifi, no ethernet, no nothing but my modem shows that i have internet.. i have to restar the r2 to get signal.. wat can i do???

How often does it seem to occur? What is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to?