NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.205

Netduma Liam

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you factory reset after you upgraded and setup from scratch with the same settings? Where were the servers compared to .179?

Yes I did factory reset after I upgrade again and the settings were the exact same. Um that I am not sure I didn't have my laptop by me but it would say searching for a match <34ms and all of a sudden would jump me into a match with very high ping. I did resync the cloud on both ping heatmap and geo filter and all the servers were in the same location on .179 and .205 if that matters at all..

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Alan said:

Yes I did factory reset after I upgrade again and the settings were the exact same. Um that I am not sure I didn't have my laptop by me but it would say searching for a match <34ms and all of a sudden would jump me into a match with very high ping. I did resync the cloud on both ping heatmap and geo filter and all the servers were in the same location on .179 and .205 if that matters at all..

Did you play at the same time of day/same game modes etc? It doesn't make sense to me why it would be worse on this version

28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you play at the same time of day/same game modes etc? It doesn't make sense to me why it would be worse on this version

Yeah its usually at night around 7:30pm I am on playing warzone. Yeah I am stumped and I want to stay on the new version because WiFi range does seem better and more stable. Do you know why when having CC on always and sliders set to 70% that any WiFi devices when testing speed it receives full speeds, but my Xbox being hardwired is the only device that has its speeds throttled correctly? Makes me wonder if this is a reason why I am getting rubberbanding etc as the WiFi devices are not being affected by CC.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Alan said:

Yeah its usually at night around 7:30pm I am on playing warzone. Yeah I am stumped and I want to stay on the new version because WiFi range does seem better and more stable. Do you know why when having CC on always and sliders set to 70% that any WiFi devices when testing speed it receives full speeds, but my Xbox being hardwired is the only device that has its speeds throttled correctly? Makes me wonder if this is a reason why I am getting rubberbanding etc as the WiFi devices are not being affected by CC.

Are you using IPv6, PPPoE or DHCP identifiers at all? What option are you using for CC - Always, Auto-Enable, Never? What are your Traffic Prioritization settings?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using IPv6, PPPoE or DHCP identifiers at all? What option are you using for CC - Always, Auto-Enable, Never? What are your Traffic Prioritization settings?

No IPv6. No PPPoE or DHCP identifiers. And for options I turn on CC always when gaming. On .179 it would limit down/up speeds according to what I had my sliders set to for all devices when a speed test was run. My traffic prio is for xbox source 1 65535 and destination is 1024 65535. Also have tried Dumaos classified games.

So update.. I had my bandwidth allocation set so it was default and all devices had the same allocation for down/up. I put the xbox allocation to 70% just to match the CC slider percentage which I have at 70%. And now I test down/ up speeds on phones and laptop and they all read 70mbps down as normal. My speeds are 100 down and 10 up. I use enable share bandwidth also. 

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It might have been then that Bandwidth Allocation just needed to be reset - if you reset it again back to the defaults does it still get limited according to Congestion Control?

Yeah it does work after resetting that now. Wow lol. I'll be gaming tonight so we will see if its any better. I ran dsl reports for buffer bloat and I just gave my xbox 30% up and down and getting A+. When having it set to default I am getting A or just a little bit lower consistently. 

Should I be using bandwidth allocation at all? Usually when I'm gaming there's only a phone connected to WiFi. But would like my Xbox to get a major part of the bandwidth on our network. So is having the xbox set to 90% down/up and do not share bandwith a bad thing and would that not correlate well with have CC set to 70%?

12 hours ago, Alan said:

Yeah it does work after resetting that now. Wow lol. I'll be gaming tonight so we will see if its any better. I ran dsl reports for buffer bloat and I just gave my xbox 30% up and down and getting A+. When having it set to default I am getting A or just a little bit lower consistently. 

Should I be using bandwidth allocation at all? Usually when I'm gaming there's only a phone connected to WiFi. But would like my Xbox to get a major part of the bandwidth on our network. So is having the xbox set to 90% down/up and do not share bandwith a bad thing and would that not correlate well with have CC set to 70%?

OK thanks, let us know!

Your console won't need that much and as there's only one other device connected, you can just leave the Bandwidth Allocation at it's default distribution and that will be fine!

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK thanks, let us know!

Your console won't need that much and as there's only one other device connected, you can just leave the Bandwidth Allocation at it's default distribution and that will be fine!

It worked pretty good all night. Had a couple times where it would search for games higher than the ping assist I chose, but I'm wondering if that is something with the new update with COD or server load. It's crazy that it was just resetting the bandwidth flower again back to default as it was set to default after the factory reset.  

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Alan said:

It worked pretty good all night. Had a couple times where it would search for games higher than the ping assist I chose, but I'm wondering if that is something with the new update with COD or server load. It's crazy that it was just resetting the bandwidth flower again back to default as it was set to default after the factory reset.  

The way ping assist works is that it will allow/block based on the first ping but ping inherently fluctuates so say your PA is set to 60, the first ping comes in at 59 but once it stabilizes the ping is 70 then it will still have been allowed. Yeah sometimes re-applying/re-setting QoS settings can help.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The way ping assist works is that it will allow/block based on the first ping but ping inherently fluctuates so say your PA is set to 60, the first ping comes in at 59 but once it stabilizes the ping is 70 then it will still have been allowed. Yeah sometimes re-applying/re-setting QoS settings can help.

Ok, maybe you can guide me to use ping assist or polygon settings. I know there are dedicated servers in Illinois right below me and they have 2 dedicated servers that are around 25 ping which are lowest on my ping heatmap, but one of them is a cluster that has higher ping servers (70ms). Is it better to use ping assist with the smallest geo filter radius somewhere random or use the polygon and hope I don't get into the higher ping server in the cluster? Thank you again for your help.

On 2/16/2021 at 7:48 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Hey all, hope you’re doing well.
Here’s the latest firmware update for the R2 – 3.0.205 (Sounds great, right?)

Nothing huge - but it welcomes several stability, security and general cosmetic improvements to your R2. 

We recommend you make the upgrade and do a full factory reset afterwards, just to make sure you're starting from a clean slate!

You can go ahead and download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/49gt1wxva9rxame/DumaOS-R2-3.0.205.sig?dl=0

Those that have an R2 on pre-order, rest assured that it will come with this latest firmware pre-installed - if you have any issues or queries, just give us a shout!

For the techies amongst you, here's a more detailed change log:

• System-wide GUI improvements to both cosmetics and Security
  • Increased DHCP cache size to 10000, stopping DHCP from being filled by 1500 requests
  • Improved Traffic Prioritisation for wireless devices
  • Fixed occasional issue where IPv6 devices weren't assigned DHCP IPs
  • DumaOS webserver fixes for improving operating smoothness of GUI
  • Improved DPI detection services
  • Improved Bandwidth Allocation backend

When update with Microsoft Edge stuck every time. When ı use crome for update or for use pannel its worked nice. :)

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, yoguzturk said:

When update with Microsoft Edge stuck every time. When ı use crome for update or for use pannel its worked nice. :)

Thanks for the report, we would recommend Chrome over Edge currently

I noticed there's still an overlap of the server/peer icon on the geo-filter map. I can't tell what server I'm connected to when I play because of this, there's usually 2 icons while in game overlapping.

Is there a reason it shows 2 and would it be possible to only show the server i'm connected to so I know which one to allow/block?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, johnnytran said:

I noticed there's still an overlap of the server/peer icon on the geo-filter map. I can't tell what server I'm connected to when I play because of this, there's usually 2 icons while in game overlapping.

Is there a reason it shows 2 and would it be possible to only show the server i'm connected to so I know which one to allow/block?

Could you provide a zoomed in screenshot of that? I may be able to give a better answer if I can see it, also where is it located?

I try to upgrade .179 to .205 but turn out the upgrade in process stuck forever (it's been 3 hours). So I decide to unplug R2 power then plug it again. I notice R2 WAN function is completely brick. Everything works fine except WAN. I'm trying to downgrade but the upgrade function is not working anymore because .179 permanently stuck, "DumaOS not loaded yet! Don't worry we will redirect you shortly." and unable to upgrade or downgrade. I don't know if it is bricked.

I did reboot and reset factory multi times, it does not solve issue.

is there netduma R2 recovery tools such as TFTP?

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, CoolerEra said:

I try to upgrade .179 to .205 but turn out the upgrade in process stuck forever (it's been 3 hours). So I decide to unplug R2 power then plug it again. I notice R2 WAN function is completely brick. Everything works fine except WAN. I'm trying to downgrade but the upgrade function is not working anymore because .179 permanently stuck, "DumaOS not loaded yet! Don't worry we will redirect you shortly." and unable to upgrade or downgrade. I don't know if it is bricked.

I did reboot and reset factory multi times, it does not solve issue.

is there netduma R2 recovery tools such as TFTP?

You can't use TFTP unfortunately, please try this while connected via ethernet:

Reboot and then immediately try the upgrade

If that doesn't work, factory reset, get through the wizard and try the upgrade as fast as you can

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

You can't use TFTP unfortunately, please try this while connected via ethernet:

Reboot and then immediately try the upgrade

If that doesn't work, factory reset, get through the wizard and try the upgrade as fast as you can

It doesn't work. is there other way to fix it?

Also I sent you PM for logs

I am having nothing but issues with the new 205 update on my Xbox Series X. I did everything you have told others to do and nothing stopped it. I keep getting kicked from my party chats every 10 minutes. Loads and Loads of errors... I went back to 179 and it fixed my issues.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, BarniKiLL said:

I am having nothing but issues with the new 205 update on my Xbox Series X. I did everything you have told others to do and nothing stopped it. I keep getting kicked from my party chats every 10 minutes. Loads and Loads of errors... I went back to 179 and it fixed my issues.

What other issues specifically? Did you add your friends to your allow list? Did you factory reset after upgrading? If you're happy on that firmware then great!

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, BarniKiLL said:

I'll try the update again. How do put my friends on the allow list? I haven't even figured that out and I need to!

You can follow the instructions at the bottom of this guide on how to do that: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

46 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can follow the instructions at the bottom of this guide on how to do that: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

I've tried this and none of it shows for me. Can't find spectating mode etc. No one in my Party chat even shows on the Geo filter. Just got off the phone with my internet provider and they said everything shows great on their end. Something is wrong with my router but they can't help because it was not purchased through them. Really frustrating.