NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.205

Netduma Liam

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Did you make sure to factory reset after trying the firmware Fraser sent you?

I already had that update before he sent it. So I’m not sure why you guys refer to the update he sent. Yes I did do the factory reset. Which you could refer to the first post. I stated everything that was done before asking for help. 

1 minute ago, Rez said:

I already had that update before he sent it. So I’m not sure why you guys refer to the update he sent. Yes I did do the factory reset. Which you could refer to the first post. I stated everything that was done before asking for help. 

I believe Fraser would have sent you the hotfix firmware, it will appear to be the same version in DumaOS because it's a hotfix. If you check the file name, there is a letter at the end of the version number. Assuming you haven't installed this yet, please download and install it, then factory reset the R2.

13 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

I believe Fraser would have sent you the hotfix firmware, it will appear to be the same version in DumaOS because it's a hotfix. If you check the file name, there is a letter at the end of the version number. Assuming you haven't installed this yet, please download and install it, then factory reset the R2.

I’m trying but it disconnected while doing the update. I reconnected but I’m not sure if I have to restart the update. It shows upgrade in process but it’s been a few minutes with no changes 

11 minutes ago, Rez said:

My computer is wireless.

Are you able to connect your to the R2 via ethernet? Have you tried a different browser?

Does the Wi-Fi password on the R2 usually reset incorrectly? If so, factory reset the R2 and check if it's correct now, that way we'll know if the upgrade has installed or not.

33 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are you able to connect your to the R2 via ethernet? Have you tried a different browser?

Does the Wi-Fi password on the R2 usually reset incorrectly? If so, factory reset the R2 and check if it's correct now, that way we'll know if the upgrade has installed or not.

I have tried two browsers. I’m signed in. My internet seems to go out intermittently for WiFi. As you see the connection says no internet. Yet the router and modem lights say everything is ok. I’m going to try to wire my desktop and see what happens

image.jpg

image.jpg

10 minutes ago, Rez said:

I have tried two browsers. I’m signed in. My internet seems to go out intermittently for WiFi. As you see the connection says no internet. Yet the router and modem lights say everything is ok. I’m going to try to wire my desktop and see what happens

OK sure, let me know how you get on.

9 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK sure, let me know how you get on.

It rebooted, but it’s still saying the same thing. 18 minutes later. Any suggestions? It shouldn’t take 20 minutes or more should it? It didn’t take that long to do the initial update. I’m wired so it should be faster. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Rez said:

It rebooted, but it’s still saying the same thing. 18 minutes later. Any suggestions? It shouldn’t take 20 minutes or more should it? It didn’t take that long to do the initial update. I’m wired so it should be faster. 

No something's not right there, please remove the power cable and leave it for a few minutes. If after plugging it back in again it's still showing that error, you may need to factory reset it.

i already did factory reset. Setting my ping map now. going to try to connect wirelessly and see if it stays connected. I figured it sitting at the same screen for almost an hour was way to long to update.

I did factory reset. My network didn’t show. Now I got my network to show, but the patch you sent still isn’t working. It’s been 10 minutes and I’m still waiting. Last time it was sitting for an hour and didn’t take. Perhaps there’s something wrong with the hotfix?

14 hours ago, Rez said:

I did factory reset. My network didn’t show. Now I got my network to show, but the patch you sent still isn’t working. It’s been 10 minutes and I’m still waiting. Last time it was sitting for an hour and didn’t take. Perhaps there’s something wrong with the hotfix?

Did the upgrade succeed in the end or do we not know this yet? Can you re-install the original .205 firmware, factory reset, then install the hotfix again and factory reset after that please?

On 8/11/2021 at 6:03 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Did the upgrade succeed in the end or do we not know this yet? Can you re-install the original .205 firmware, factory reset, then install the hotfix again and factory reset after that please?

Don’t know. I will check when I get home tomorrow. As far as the hot fix… no. It still doesn’t install it says in progress, but never actually completed. I waited an hour and it still said in progress. So I gave up on the hot fix. 

30 minutes ago, Rez said:

Don’t know. I will check when I get home tomorrow. As far as the hot fix… no. It still doesn’t install it says in progress, but never actually completed. I waited an hour and it still said in progress. So I gave up on the hot fix. 

Right OK, let me know how you get on.

9 minutes ago, GenMatrix said:

Going on 6 months since the last update, I know these things take time and I'm not looking / asking for a release date, but it'd be nice to be able to use my $150 router as more than a paperweight.

I've sent you a PM :) 

2 minutes ago, kgrm said:

I have been waiting for an update too, I turned off my R2 5 weeks ago.

It's in the works! We're actively working on an R2 update currently and our beta testers are trialling some stuff too, hopefully it won't be too long!

Wäre es möglich, die Beta zu testen...bin mir der Risiken bewusst?

Ich teste gerne Betas...bin auch im Xbox Insider und habe auch gerne andere Beta-Programme am Laufen.

Would it be possible to test the beta ... am I aware of the risks?

I like to test betas ... I'm also in the Xbox Insider and I also like to run beta programs in other ways.