NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.205

Netduma Liam

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You won't necessarily get a notification that it has saved. If you refresh the page have the settings saved? Could you clarify what you mean regarding the Geo-Filter please?

i refreshed the page or changed the menus again it becomes 192.168.77.1  Geo-Filter cant delete  my devices or cant move or drag any map poligon mode not working. the current apartment just stays. i am now version 179 and working nice

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, yoguzturk said:

i refreshed the page or changed the menus again it becomes 192.168.77.1  Geo-Filter cant delete  my devices or cant move or drag any map poligon mode not working. the current apartment just stays. i am now version 179 and working nice

So you were changing the LAN IP address? What did you try changing it to? If you upgrade again can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing on the Geo-Filter or better yet a small video please?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So you were changing the LAN IP address? What did you try changing it to? If you upgrade again can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing on the Geo-Filter or better yet a small video please?

Hi, I updated my Netduma R2 device. Something went wrong and I had to go back to the old version. Now I cant do my old settings   I've been trying to solve problems all day, but I'm skipping things and I'm not aware. I cant do  Call of Duty: Warzone Port forwarding

NETDUMA WAN IP:192.168.1.2

I reserved NETDUMA WAN IP address from my IPS modem and I  added NETDUMA WAN IP address on dmz from my IPS modem

I reserved my pc IP address from my Netduma R2 device

I add all COW port from Netduma R2 device but notting working :(

3.bmp 2.bmp 4.bmp 1.bmp 5.bmp

Resetting my router causes me to lose my device under geo filter, all my allow and denies are gone, my geo filter location and radius reset, and my qos settings revert. Very frustrating. I spent a ton of time denying bad servers...

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Kfetish said:

Resetting my router causes me to lose my device under geo filter, all my allow and denies are gone, my geo filter location and radius reset, and my qos settings revert. Very frustrating. I spent a ton of time denying bad servers...

A factory reset will reset back to the default factory settings. We will include a backup feature in future - although it wouldn't be recommended to upload a previous firmware config backup on a newer version. You don't need to factory reset after each update and could wait until you encounter an issue and then do so.

Should have been more specific. Not reset. Reboot. As in unplug and then plug back in. I factory reset after firmware upgrade, but a min ago I rebooted it and lost everything except port forwarding rules. It happened last time I rebooted as well but didn’t think much of it since I had not denied any servers yet. This time is was kinda brutal lol. 

9 hours ago, Kfetish said:

Should have been more specific. Not reset. Reboot. As in unplug and then plug back in. I factory reset after firmware upgrade, but a min ago I rebooted it and lost everything except port forwarding rules. It happened last time I rebooted as well but didn’t think much of it since I had not denied any servers yet. This time is was kinda brutal lol. 

I've had the same problem. I learned how to solve. I installed the old version and installed the new version again, those problems are gone. only now my port forwarding is not working in-game

Since switching to the latest firmware my constant internet disconnects have subsided, but now I’m afraid to reboot my router for fear of losing all my settings again. I’m just assuming my port forwarding is working. I don’t know how to tell exactly. Even on the old firmware when I had ports forwarded I still had a moderate nat, as I do now with them forwarded on the new firmware. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, yoguzturk said:

my port forwarding is not working in-game

6.bmp 399.15 kB · 1 download

Disable the Geo-Filter, then boot up the game again, it's likely causing a misreading.

1 hour ago, Kfetish said:

Since switching to the latest firmware my constant internet disconnects have subsided, but now I’m afraid to reboot my router for fear of losing all my settings again. I’m just assuming my port forwarding is working. I don’t know how to tell exactly. Even on the old firmware when I had ports forwarded I still had a moderate nat, as I do now with them forwarded on the new firmware. 

Unplugging the power from the router and then plugging it in again isn't the proper way to reboot, the sudden loss of power will clear the memory. If you have access to the interface always reboot from there. If you want to unplug/plug to reboot then reboot from the interface first - that should then save your settings even after power loss.

47 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable the Geo-Filter, then boot up the game again, it's likely causing a misreading.

Unplugging the power from the router and then plugging it in again isn't the proper way to reboot, the sudden loss of power will clear the memory. If you have access to the interface always reboot from there. If you want to unplug/plug to reboot then reboot from the interface first - that should then save your settings even after power loss.

I do all but stay same :(

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, yoguzturk said:

I do all but stay same :(

Do this:

1. Quit the game and client - including from the System Tray
  2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Setup your settings and location/radius over the area you want
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do this:

1. Quit the game and client - including from the System Tray
  2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Setup your settings and location/radius over the area you want
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

I do but stay Moderate :(

Went back to 3.0.205 firmware so with the Wi-Fi issues i thought to use my old router as AP point to lighten the load on the R2 thinking to put all Wi-Fi connected devices through AP and just my consoles on LAN.

So giving the Wi-Fi devices a pool to use but the R2 still controls Bandwidths.

Capture.PNG

1.PNG

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, yoguzturk said:

Okay can you start a new topic please, then we can focus on your issue. In that post can you also include your exact physical setup, i.e. the model of the modem/router you have the R2 connected to please.

On 2/26/2021 at 8:52 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for the update, let us know how you get on with testing tonight.

Go ahead and do the reset through the GUI if you're going to upgrade again, though either method will work. If you do go back to .205 and have issues, let us know and we'll be here to help!

So over the weekend .179 was better for online gaming. No rubber banding and was getting into 30-40ms latency games on COD servers. The game would sometimes spike to around 60ms, but I think since the last update for COD something has happened that is causing that.  So last night I upgraded back to .205 and the rubber banding returned and had high spikes and also was put into games that had 130ms+ with the same geo filter settings I had set on .179. I also noticed that when having CC on always I was running speed tests and was getting my full download/upload speed when testing on our phones and laptop on WiFi. I than checked the speed on my Xbox which is hard wired to the R2 router and the download/upload speed was throttled like every device should be when CC is set to always with my percentages. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Alan said:

So over the weekend .179 was better for online gaming. No rubber banding and was getting into 30-40ms latency games on COD servers. The game would sometimes spike to around 60ms, but I think since the last update for COD something has happened that is causing that.  So last night I upgraded back to .205 and the rubber banding returned and had high spikes and also was put into games that had 130ms+ with the same geo filter settings I had set on .179. I also noticed that when having CC on always I was running speed tests and was getting my full download/upload speed when testing on our phones and laptop on WiFi. I than checked the speed on my Xbox which is hard wired to the R2 router and the download/upload speed was throttled like every device should be when CC is set to always with my percentages. 

Did you factory reset after you upgraded and setup from scratch with the same settings? Where were the servers compared to .179?