NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.205

Netduma Liam

You guys should have a developer discuss some of those back end changes.

Maybe even give some developer insight.

I don't know there's just a lot of ways you guys could be interacting with community.

I understand that if you give a date or even a soft date and you miss the target it's going to make a handful of people mad.

Honestly I don't know what's worse.

Leaving the community that really cares about your product hanging for months on end?

Or making a handful of people mad when you miss a date?

Y'all can't satisfy everybody and I would personally think that you would want to satisfy the customers who care.

Not the ones who complain no matter what.

• Administrators

I totally get where you’re coming from and I have passed on your concerns. The devs all work so hard on development so I feel they may not have the time to do that but maybe that’s something we need to work hard on to include into our dev flow

You know as much as we are waiting at least there is two conversations going and the reply's are fast @Fraser i know its only going to be backend but it all helps im sure.

I have been on another customer support forum on a gaming device were they just dont answer and ive been waiting for an update for 5 months.

This forum try's very hard and thank you.

12 hours ago, Rez said:

My R2 isn’t connecting. Had to use my backup router. What is up with this router? First it keeps losing connection and now it’s not connecting to the internet at all. 

Could you make a new topic for your issue and include the following information:

• What firmware version are you running?
  • Did you factory reset after upgrading to this firmware?
  • Are you able to access the DumaOS interface in your web browser?
  • Are you able to connect to the R2s Wi-Fi network?

So guys, any update on when we might see a firmware update that could possibly fix the multitude of issues it seems many are having? I actually feel lucky considering my only problem was internet connection dropping because of wi-fi connections and I was able to solve it by adding a separate cheaper wifi6 router in access point mode and completely turning the wireless radios on the R2 off. And I was an early adopter of the R2.

Some of the issues people are having now are so much worse that they might feel they have been sold a lemon. I know there is only so much you guys can do to fix some of the issues for those folks with the major issues and I know you guys work hard trying to resolve the problems. But even at some point you yourselves have to question the quality control of these devices. I really hope you guys can get the kinks worked out.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Alias 1aB said:

So guys, any update on when we might see a firmware update that could possibly fix the multitude of issues it seems many are having? I actually feel lucky considering my only problem was internet connection dropping because of wi-fi connections and I was able to solve it by adding a separate cheaper wifi6 router in access point mode and completely turning the wireless radios on the R2 off. And I was an early adopter of the R2.

Some of the issues people are having now are so much worse that they might feel they have been sold a lemon. I know there is only so much you guys can do to fix some of the issues for those folks with the major issues and I know you guys work hard trying to resolve the problems. But even at some point you yourselves have to question the quality control of these devices. I really hope you guys can get the kinks worked out.

I totally get your point and it has been awhile since an update has been available. It's hard to look at it objectively as a whole when its a support forum and all you see are people having issues but the forum community represent a small portion of R2 owners so issues aren't as prevalent as they may seem - I forget that too sometimes! We're working diligently on firmware and have been working closely with users experiencing certain issues to see what we can do to get them up and running. It won't be much longer! 

From what I understand one of the biggest issues you guys are trying to fix is R-apps not loading properly. Correct?

You guys should make a forum post and YouTube video letting people know that's one of the things that's taking a while to fix.

Personally have only had that issue a couple of times and it seemed to have resolved itself.

Many others have suffered from what I can see.

The community as a whole would be very appreciative to know that is one of the issues that should be fixed permanently.

Communication is key and that's where the team has been faltering for a long time.

Personally I can think of many ways that you guys could be communicating that you're working on things.

We've discussed a few of them before.

Another one I've recently thought of is progress reports/roadmap.

List the bugs & upcoming features the development team is working on. Then when the development team reaches a milestone such as fixing R-apps not loading properly let the community know that it's been fixed and they're working on the next thing.

My comment section of my YouTube videos are filled with people who are frustrated. Many of which are not on the forums.

Just today on my latest video somebody commented that many people are going back to Walmart routers.

As somebody who loves netduma that's the last thing I want to see.

You're losing customers and faith in your product.

All you have to do is update us.

Sure a handful of people will still be frustrated but more people will be appreciative that we've had some sort of update on what's going on.

It shows that you care about the product and the community.

You don't have to give us a solid date on when firmware is going to be released you just have to update the community on what is actually happening behind the scenes.

Sorry for ranting about it again but I'm tired of seeing these comments on my channel/the forums and in my Discord.

Please make a video and a forum post to calm the community.

23 minutes ago, KindaBusted said:

From what I understand one of the biggest issues you guys are trying to fix is R-apps not loading properly. Correct?

By far the biggest issue is the WiFi im having to run two routers just to get WiFi upstairs this is a major problem.

I have not had this problem with any other router.

The R2's Wifi isn't that powerful & neither is the R2. I use my XR500 for Wi-Fi.

Many people use a secondary router for Wi-Fi. 

Will the R2's Wi-Fi improve? I'd tend to think so.

It's just not powerful enough for big places & it never will be.

On 9/12/2021 at 3:18 PM, KindaBusted said:

The R2's Wifi isn't that powerful & neither is the R2. I use my XR500 for Wi-Fi.

Many people use a secondary router for Wi-Fi. 

Will the R2's Wi-Fi improve? I'd tend to think so.

It's just not powerful enough for big places & it never will be.

its not how powerful it is its thats its inconsistent i can deal with slow speeds if it stays on.

As for big places i live in a two bedroom semi so small places spring to mind.

And yes im having to use a second router. 

23 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

What stage are you getting stuck at? In what way is it not letting you update?

when i choose the firmware , it acts as if its updating , with filling up with a blue bar and soon as it gets full , it then turns red and stays retry or cancel 

1 hour ago, ddavis585 said:

when i choose the firmware , it acts as if its updating , with filling up with a blue bar and soon as it gets full , it then turns red and stays retry or cancel 

Could you please factory reset the router, upgrade the firmware, then reset again after the upgrade?

• Administrators

You'll need to enable remote support in WAN Settings and make sure your ISP modem/router is in bridge/modem mode or has the R2 in the DMZ so it is accessible to us. You don't need to do anything/available for us to do this. Once you've done that let us know and a dev can remotely connect next week to do so