NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.205

Netduma Liam

I’m going to have to reboot to get the internet back, but the GUI is available still.

Interestingly all connections dropped and eventually the GUI went offline and seemed to be the last to go, however, Netflix still appeared to be streaming, so I have no idea what's going on there, unless it was buffered. I don't know how many minutes of streaming get buffered though.

One thing is certain, the QoS was toggled off, so that wouldn't appear to be the culprit.

Ok so since the new update ive been having terrible Wi-Fi problems. Ive done everything to changing width reboot factory reset.

So tonight the Wi-Fi went down for about 10mins then came back but the speeds were one quarter what the should have been so went through the normal routine reboot change channels scan the surrounding area to see what channel would be best.

But speeds were still terrible i ghave now downgraded to 179 firmware and set wifi to this.1.png.dd2de572c641489f35d26a4b3736aba1.png

Please fix the Wi-Fi..

Many thanks.

Im also now getting packet loss.

Also i just try to go back to the latest update but not only the Wi-Fi keep dropping off the lan connections keep dropping off as well.

So for some reason the new update on my R2 has become un usable.

Back on 179 as seems to be more stable at the moment.

2 hours ago, Hungovermonty said:

What are the best settings for the advanced QOS settings, and how do you use the Anti spike setting ?

Thanks 

Welcome to the forum!

This is dependant on your network and bandwidth etc, so set your minimum Download to the minimum download speeds you're willing to throttle to, same for minimum upload.

Enabling anti-spikes adds in another check where we see if there was a spike higher than the maximum allowed spike size.

After upgrading to .205 I have had nothing but issues playing online games on xbox. I have factory reset the router after the upgrade and followed the steps in the geo filter section. I also noticed that when having the same CC settings as before and using ping plotter it seems I get the same ping spikes regardless if CC is on or off. I might be switching back to .179 for the time being. Also noticed in traffic prio section that Duma classified games was not registering any high prio traffic, but when using my manual traffic rules if works. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Alan said:

After upgrading to .205 I have had nothing but issues playing online games on xbox. I have factory reset the router after the upgrade and followed the steps in the geo filter section. I also noticed that when having the same CC settings as before and using ping plotter it seems I get the same ping spikes regardless if CC is on or off. I might be switching back to .179 for the time being. Also noticed in traffic prio section that Duma classified games was not registering any high prio traffic, but when using my manual traffic rules if works. 

What is your exact physical setup including the model of your modem/router? Are ALL devices connected to the R2? What QoS settings are you using? What platform/game are you playing?

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

What is your exact physical setup including the model of your modem/router? Are ALL devices connected to the R2? What QoS settings are you using? What platform/game are you playing?

Hey Fraser,  

Physical setup: Netgear CM1000 V2 (modem) Netduma R2 (router) and ethernet to Xbox series x. 

Devices connected: All connected devices are 2 phones, laptop, Xbox series X. When playing games online there is usually only 1 phone connected to WiFi.

QOS Settings: on .179  I had 70% up/down and was working great and that is what I tried along with going down and up 10% at a time with the new firmware upgrade and nothing seems to work great. I setup manual traffic prio rules based on forum posts on here.

Platform/game: Xbox series X hardwired. COD warzone and cold war.

So when playing warzone or cold war I constantly get spikes of 30ms or more and rubber banding even though I am connected to servers with the lowest ping just a state down from me (polygon). I have tried east and west coast servers that also have low ping and still the same issue. When using ping plotter I can see the ping spikes and CC have no affect on that even trying a bunch of different % values.

I'm trying this update again tonight i had four lan disconnects to my XBOX and two complete network disconnects its strange my R2 was working well before i upgraded and now it seems no matter witch of the firmware's I'm on the R2 is giving hassle.

My household children wife are really starting to become agitated with it im getting quite tired of it to.

At the moment im thinking of switching back to my little VDSL Netgear that i used for four years with no disconnects.

😭

@SETi-D Sorry to hear this, I can understand how frustrating it must be. If you didn't already, could you please put the R2s WAN IP in the DMZ of the upstream modem/router. Could you also go to Network Settings -> LAN -> DHCP and set the lease time to 168 hours? Failing that you could always go back to the .179 update if that was more stable for you.

@yoguzturk Welcome to the forum! What are you seeing when you click 'Save network settings', are you getting the warning message asking you to confirm the changes?

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Downgrade now back to .179, no factory reset or changing any of the settings, do you have a better experience?

So i downgraded back to .179 and had some hiccups with traffic prio not working at all until I rebooted the router a couple times. Online gaming seemed to be better, but couldn't test much since Xbox live was down last night for awhile. I did notice WiFi was better on the new update versus the .179 which was nice as we were having multiple disconnects throughout the day and my gf works from home. I will test .179 more tonight and see if its better.

Also, if I want to revert back to .205 should I do a factory reset through the GUI or hold the reset button for 30 seconds? I want to believe .205 will work good, but just seems like coding of something is causing issues right now. Only say that because of the traffic prio incident and also geo-filter seemed to not work for a numerous matches until I reset the router. I was getting in lobbies that were around 150ms ping. I have my geo filter on western part of Wisconsin with a radius of 350 miles with ping assist set to 28ms. 

Thank you Faser.

41 minutes ago, Alan said:

So i downgraded back to .179 and had some hiccups with traffic prio not working at all until I rebooted the router a couple times. Online gaming seemed to be better, but couldn't test much since Xbox live was down last night for awhile. I did notice WiFi was better on the new update versus the .179 which was nice as we were having multiple disconnects throughout the day and my gf works from home. I will test .179 more tonight and see if its better.

Also, if I want to revert back to .205 should I do a factory reset through the GUI or hold the reset button for 30 seconds? I want to believe .205 will work good, but just seems like coding of something is causing issues right now. Only say that because of the traffic prio incident and also geo-filter seemed to not work for a numerous matches until I reset the router. I was getting in lobbies that were around 150ms ping. I have my geo filter on western part of Wisconsin with a radius of 350 miles with ping assist set to 28ms. 

Thank you Faser.

Thanks for the update, let us know how you get on with testing tonight.

Go ahead and do the reset through the GUI if you're going to upgrade again, though either method will work. If you do go back to .205 and have issues, let us know and we'll be here to help!

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

@SETi-D Sorry to hear this, I can understand how frustrating it must be. If you didn't already, could you please put the R2s WAN IP in the DMZ of the upstream modem/router. Could you also go to Network Settings -> LAN -> DHCP and set the lease time to 168 hours? Failing that you could always go back to the .179 update if that was more stable for you.

@yoguzturk Welcome to the forum! What are you seeing when you click 'Save network settings', are you getting the warning message asking you to confirm the changes?

Hi Liam.

Ok i spent a long time setting up again last night/morning i use a BT MODEM only i will take a look.

And thank you for your continued support im sure this will work out i hope.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

I don't get any notification when I press the button. Geo-Filter Map does not work either. So I'll go back to the old version. Thank you for your quick notifications.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, yoguzturk said:

I don't get any notification when I press the button. Geo-Filter Map does not work either. So I'll go back to the old version. Thank you for your quick notifications.

You won't necessarily get a notification that it has saved. If you refresh the page have the settings saved? Could you clarify what you mean regarding the Geo-Filter please?