please dont use this rule

Source  start 1  end 65535  destination start 1 end 65535 udp and tcp

It makes it so congestion control thinks your sliders are still set to 100 %

So it mucks up your settings

Try it yourself you will see if you want to

Set  your cc slidrrs to sround 10 %  or dver lower  

But then do a speed test on console it still think it set to 100%  

this was only on ps4

Yes, I would believe this to be the case due to ports like 443 and 80 which is normally used for ftp or http/s  etc. When normally doing a download from the PSN, you would get external ports but usually 443 would be used to download. It makes sense for this to happen when prioritizing ports below 1 - 1024.

4 hours ago, TrayDay said:

Yes, I would believe this to be the case due to ports like 443 and 80 which is normally used for ftp or http/s  etc. When normally doing a download from the PSN, you would get external ports but usually 443 would be used to download. It makes sense for this to happen when prioritizing ports below 1 - 1024.

Thanks for the explanation

11 minutes ago, Baturi said:

i have tried it works 50% of the time the red light goes on/off it doesnt stay active 100% of the time

Yeah, that's because COD uses UDP mostly, TCP is used for chat and other functions, but not really gameplay. It didn't help me, but YMMV.

2 hours ago, Baturi said:

i have tried it works 50% of the time the red light goes on/off it doesnt stay active 100% of the time

I don't believe the red marks will go off then. Try to focus on hit register experiences, if you feel it's getting more accurate then stick to this config.

Other thing is input lag experience. If you are playing on a TV or non gamer monitor, set the HDR off and any other image filter that it might be set up. You can try on a TV change from game mode to PC mode(displaying the raw image from HDMI)

On 10/18/2020 at 12:02 PM, Thewhrath said:

image.png.86a82f03277a6909e0dac0e032abb078.pngthis is after 4 games on infinite warfare... good hit detection ..the last game clutch a DE-AT strike ..but yes upload is higher ..thank for looking

Infinite Warfare is 100Hz client side and 20Hz server side.

So you send 5x as much packets as you're getting from the server.

WW2, BO4, MW and CW run 60Hz so you will see more equal numbers.

For a 60Hz server, the download packets are bigger but there should not be more packs then upload. Probably a tad less since UDP packets from the server have a higher chance of getting lost.

On 10/8/2020 at 2:45 AM, vShikko said:

There are a plethora of very skilled (+450^ spm) COD players who swear by a TYPE 1 Moderate NAT connection. I'd be surprised if there were a TCP/UDP catalyst range being overlooked from a modem to PC or console.

You can't have NAT1 moderate.

25 minutes ago, Andpodepah said:

yes bro, and in the region of são paulo and another in rio de janeiro.

I'll try later but since past weekend it doesn't display any servers near by. @Netduma Fraser, believe something related to ISP or IPv6 config? Not sure why my heat map isn't displaying as it should.

Regards,

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Renan said:

I'll try later but since past weekend it doesn't display any servers near by. @Netduma Fraser, believe something related to ISP or IPv6 config? Not sure will not mine is displaying.

Regards,

Check your upstream router doesn't block ICMP and try without IPv6 enabled. Could be just not responding to your ping at that time or something for us to look into potentially.

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Check your upstream router doesn't block ICMP and try without IPv6 enabled. Could be just not responding to your ping at that time or something for us to look into potentially.

taking the opportunity, this option (Use upstream DNS) he is taking the DNS of my ISP modem that is in bridge?

20 hours ago, Andpodepah said:

@Renan

ops ...
now I'm not showing up anymore

@Andpodepah,

I believe we facing some weird issues on Brazlians servers. Altought geo filter is locked to find matches within the polygon area(Brazil) in my case, it turned out connecting as peer somewheres in North America. Was used to play within 35ms-50ms now I'm getting 60ms-80ms.

12 hours ago, Renan said:

@Andpodepah,

I believe we facing some weird issues on Brazlians servers. Altought geo filter is locked to find matches within the polygon area(Brazil) in my case, it turned out connecting as peer somewheres in North America. Was used to play within 35ms-50ms now I'm getting 60ms-80ms.

ok, I understand.
but it’s that question, right, the closer to the server the lower the ping, the farther the ping will be on the server you’re connecting to. call of duty servers are involved in são paulo for aws. amazon cloudfront. my actual ping I considered the one during the game that is between 18 and 23 ms. but when searching for matches it varies from 18ms to 22ms in the search

8 hours ago, Andpodepah said:

ok, I understand.
but it’s that question, right, the closer to the server the lower the ping, the farther the ping will be on the server you’re connecting to. call of duty servers are involved in são paulo for aws. amazon cloudfront. my actual ping I considered the one during the game that is between 18 and 23 ms. but when searching for matches it varies from 18ms to 22ms in the search

Sure, I think my packets are travelling to lot of hops before getting to its endpoint, routing issues, a subject I'm exhausted discussing with my ISP. Which is CLARO NET. I have notice enabling QOS + Traffic Prio and lowering my gaming bandwidth has improved a lot the hit reg and aim assist real time. Now playing with 4mb down and 1 mb up. PING still varieties from 40-60ms, no packet loss and once and while packet burst signs(3 yellow squares) when it used to pop up every 30s on my screen.

On 10/8/2020 at 5:23 AM, kinel said:

The game defently uses tcp  packets as i see them on my openwrt router

But there used as source 50000 -65535 i also thought that using these ports wasnt the main ones needed  but it sounds like i could be wrong

But somthing i did do about 2 weeks ago was to  try

This source     1- 65535  destination 1-65535 this was for the cold war alpha

As soon as i used this my gameplay became excellent

I never  tried it on cod mw

But i think i might try it in a few days after coldwar beta  

thanks tehwayne

Thanks zippy

17 minutes ago, SolidOny said:

This thread is interesting. going to try a couple options here. 

Boriqua! Que dice pana? Hey here is one you can try out also, 1024-65535 Start and Destination using UDP as the Protocol!

55 minutes ago, Alex49H said:

Boriqua! Que dice pana? Hey here is one you can try out also, 1024-65535 Start and Destination using UDP as the Protocol!

what does this port exactly do?

1 hour ago, Baturi said:

what does this port exactly do?

Prioritize the gaming packets only, without using the ports for downloading which could hinder your gaming experience. It's worked for me, though playing MW is an on and off game either way, but that's on Activision and their companies who make COD when it's off.

On 10/7/2020 at 3:10 AM, kinel said:

Im trying to  find out  the  best way to use taffic priortization for call of duty games

I think i know the best myself but i am trying to do an experiment to see if everyones results are

I will edit this post with pics later

Atm cod mw2019 uses these  ports it also looks like black ops cold war ues thes ports

I will update this if i find more

Source start 3074 end 3074    destination  start 30000 - end 45000 udp for ps4

Source start  3075  end3075 destination  start 30000-end 45000  udp xbox

Sourcestart 3074 end 3074  destination start  3074 end 3074   udp i get higher upload on this still

Source start 50000 -end 65535   destination start3074 end 3074  tcp ps4

Source  start 50000  end 65535   destination  start 3075 end 3075 tcp xbox 

The problem i am noticing with   using game consolse or classified games is this

If you use these  then i noticed that  the upload  counters show   that it mutch higher then the download counter

To me this seems wrong

When i put in the ports in i listed abovemy upload couter are a lot less tha my download  counter

This seems correct to me

I recently discored this  so please dont use this rule on ps4

Do not use this source  start 1 end 65535  destination start 1 end 65535  tcp and udp 

It overides your congestion control sliders  to 100 %  on ps4

You can see if traffic priortization is working by the red circle  it shows  red circle if its acctive during  playing the game

What im asking is if you guys and girls could help her by posting you results here

First play a few games with classified games  enabled and  see if your upload coutners are higher than the download counters

The disable classified games 

Then put the manual ports i listed  above and see if theupolad counters are lower for you

Btw you should reboot the router so it shows upload and download counters at 0   to make it less confusing 

When you reboot it resets the counters

Pleas post you results

used 2 of these rules. Hit reg and ping lowered gradually. Thanks kinel you helped before and now.