Traffic prortization please read

kinel

6 hours ago, Guilders said:

How did you do this? I’ve tried everything to get those ports open and all I get is errors!! I have an xr700. 

Tried both port forward and port triggering but get same error, must be missing something obvious and simple lol

This in the QOS section under Traffic prioritization. . 

On 10/7/2020 at 4:01 PM, tehwayne said:

This might look stupid but it's the only thing that worked for me idk how it does but it works, my shots register like how I wanted it to no shoot first and die idk if it will work for you but go ahead and try it MAKE SURE TO RESTART AFTER IF TRYING THE SETTINGS

Screenshot_20201007-095729.png

Well I have to say after using this for a couple of days with the BLOPS Beta, it made a huge difference to my hit detection, and that beta is not running great either, so looking forward to going onto MW after the beta with these settings, feeling confident.

Cheers for sharing man

On 10/7/2020 at 4:01 PM, tehwayne said:

This might look stupid but it's the only thing that worked for me idk how it does but it works, my shots register like how I wanted it to no shoot first and die idk if it will work for you but go ahead and try it MAKE SURE TO RESTART AFTER IF TRYING THE SETTINGS

Screenshot_20201007-095729.png

Do you have upnp off or on for this ? And what about DMZ ? 

7 hours ago, braido1x said:

Do you have upnp off or on for this ? And what about DMZ ? 

I turn Upnp off and don’t DMZ, Port Forwarding is the better way.

3 hours ago, tehwayne said:

I use port forwarding

I tryed your method tonight and I felt like it’s the best bullet reg I’ve had in months , I’m not sure if it’s placebo or whatever yet but I’ll post back after a week so far so good ! 

4 hours ago, tehwayne said:

I use port forwarding

So you have enabled duma os classified games which will prioritise al the UDP packets but also prioritised all TCP for PS4?

The best connections I had was prioritising them both as well, but I don't recall whether I had TCP for PS4. Will give it a go!

Had a session last night with the R2 after using the Edgerouter X with openwrt for a while. I have to say for me the R2 performs better. Not once did I have a game with the ER-X where it felt buttery smooth like some of the games I get with the R2. Neither router performed well with the CW alpha/beta for me.

I've attached images of my settings. Don't ask why I have both duma games and PS4 added to traffic prio when they do the same thing. It could be placebo but I've dropped more nukes with this set up than I ever did before owning the R2. I didn't have a good experience manually prioritising ports for the console so I don't do that anymore.

PS4 has a moderate NAT at the moment with no ports forwarded and no DMZ. I usually play with PS4 in DMZ but just experimenting now. Will try manual port forwards next.

benchmark.JPG

trafficprio.JPG

congestion control.JPG

3 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Had a session last night with the R2 after using the Edgerouter X with openwrt for a while. I have to say for me the R2 performs better. Not once did I have a game with the ER-X where it felt buttery smooth like some of the games I get with the R2. Neither router performed well with the CW alpha/beta for me.

I've attached images of my settings. Don't ask why I have both duma games and PS4 added to traffic prio when they do the same thing. It could be placebo but I've dropped more nukes with this set up than I ever did before owning the R2. I didn't have a good experience manually prioritising ports for the console so I don't do that anymore.

PS4 has a moderate NAT at the moment with no ports forwarded and no DMZ. I usually play with PS4 in DMZ but just experimenting now. Will try manual port forwards next.

benchmark.JPG

trafficprio.JPG

congestion control.JPG

@kinel whats interesting is his download packets are higher than upload for Duma classified games but ours aren't?

I don't know how to reset the duma classified games one but I removed/added the PS4 and will check it again tonight to see if there's more download than upload. I play solo/don't mic so maybe less packets uploading?

/edit

yep definitely have more download than upload

10 hours ago, Baturi said:

@kinel whats interesting is his download packets are higher than upload for Duma classified games but ours aren't?

I see that as well but i dont know why

There must be a readon we have ovrlooked

5 minutes ago, kinel said:

I see that as well but i dont know why

There must be a readon we have ovrlooked

Maybe johnytran is using another router infron tof the r2 aswell  maybe

8 hours ago, johnnytran said:

I don't know how to reset the duma classified games one but I removed/added the PS4 and will check it again tonight to see if there's more download than upload. I play solo/don't mic so maybe less packets uploading?

/edit

yep definitely have more download than upload

Johnytran when you get good games what is your ping to the geo filter ping not the ingame ping cheers

12 hours ago, kinel said:

Johnytran when you get good games what is your ping to the geo filter ping not the ingame ping cheers

I'm in Australia and have the geofence around my state where the servers are located. Every single server shows the same ping - usually around 8-9ms. I have a stable fibre connection with no congestion - I always hit full speeds when I download, don't notice any ping spikes etc

I only have one router connected btw

On 10/14/2020 at 1:12 AM, johnnytran said:

benchmark.JPG

trafficprio.JPG

congestion control.JPG

hi men

can you explain me how u have made openwrt on the edgerouter x ????

impossible for me...

VERY BIG THANKS

`

6 hours ago, jeanclaudedus said:

hi men

can you explain me how u have made openwrt on the edgerouter x ????

impossible for me...

VERY BIG THANKS

`

I had some issues doing it. I'm not very experienced so can't help you further than this if you run into a problem, do it at your own risk

You can read how to do it here

https://openwrt.org/toh/ubiquiti/ubiquiti_edgerouter_x_er-x_ka

http://www.makikiweb.com/ipv6/edgerouterx_openwrt.html

Quick version, update EdgeOS firmware to 2.*

Download this file and upload it into the firmware update option in the GUI on EdgeOS

https://github.com/stman/OpenWRT-19.07.2-factory-tar-file-for-Ubiquiti-EdgeRouter-x/blob/master/openwrt-ramips-mt7621-ubnt-erx-initramfs-factory.tar

This loads a basic openwrt version onto the ER-X. After this is done, you won't have access to edgeos anymore or a GUI, the router will reboot and you will have to SSH into your router - use program like putty on windows to do this.

Then download this file, it is the full openwrt you will be upgrading to http://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.4/targets/ramips/mt7621/openwrt-19.07.4-ramips-mt7621-ubnt-erx-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

in putty type this command to transfer the file onto the router

scp openwrt-19.07.4-ramips-mt7621-ubnt-erx-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin [email protected]:/tmp

cd /tmp

sysupgrade -n -v openwrt-19.07.4-ramips-mt7621-ubnt-erx-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

router will reboot, you will now have access to luci gui at 192.168.1.1

I forgot the default username/password - it might be root with no password. I had issues accessing the router and transferring the file over because of my pc's IP address. I needed to manually assign it something on the same network. Also while i was doing this I think I had my ethernet plugged into eth1, the links above might mention which one to use

On 10/8/2020 at 5:23 AM, kinel said:

The game defently uses tcp  packets as i see them on my openwrt router

But there used as source 50000 -65535 i also thought that using these ports wasnt the main ones needed  but it sounds like i could be wrong

But somthing i did do about 2 weeks ago was to  try

This source     1- 65535  destination 1-65535 this was for the cold war alpha

As soon as i used this my gameplay became excellent

I never  tried it on cod mw

But i think i might try it in a few days after coldwar beta  

thanks tehwayne

Thanks zippy

any thoughts on this for CW beta? 1-65535 port

3 hours ago, Baturi said:

any thoughts on this for CW beta? 1-65535 port

I use 1024-65535 Start and Destination with UDP Protocol and it works good. 

I have just found somthing intresting out

This was on my ps4  i not sure about xbox

please dont use this rule

Source  start 1  end 65535  destination start 1 end 65535 udp and tcp

It makes it so congestion control thinks your sliders are still set to 100 %

So it mucks up your settings

Try it yourself you will see if you want to

Set  your cc slidrrs to sround 10 %  or dver lower  

But then do a speed test on console it still think it set to 100%  

this was only on ps4