Ping Heatmap suggestion/issue thread

Netduma Alex

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, rdgbasilio said:

Dear,

There is no data on COD MW2 ping heatmap. Resync cloud, nothing changes

We need to do another, it went out of date again after we pushed an update today. We're working on a more permanent solution, in the mean time we'll push another update tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, KindaBusted said:

The cod list is down again.

It would be nice if this had its own support section. List of all the games so we could tell you which one is down and you can let us know when it's back up.

It should be back up again, resync cloud and check now.

Good idea, though ideally we'd rather improve how we update Ping Heatmap so people don't need to be notifying us that servers are down all the time! We're working on that currently.

• 4 weeks later...

In the middle of a troubleshooting about a Public IP display issue I noticed something I believe is relevant to improve the overall experience with the OS in some scenarios.

For some reason, when connected through Static IP on the WAN side, some functions are working, others wont if you dont use DNS Override, as an example, auto-setup for QoS wont work, so does the update feature of both Ping Heatmap and Geo-Filter, even being confident with the matter, the thing isn't immediately getting your attention, since Connection Benchmark works regardless of this setting, you can navigate flawlessly even with the function turned off.

I also noticed that Ping Heatmap works flawlessy for every game, except MW2 and Warzone 2 servers, this in Static IP mode even with DNS Override disabled but while a database has previously been loaded, at my very first setup, about a month ago, I did set up the R2 at first in PPPOE and only afterwards I switched to its final config in Static IP mode.

A consequence of the missing DNS Override entry in the Static IP config while in the welcome setup is responsible of a load of errors in the initial configuration wizard and, if not taken care of, even later.

I had to factory reset my R2 in the aforementioned try to troubleshoot a wrong info reported in one of its tabs (Network Status) thus I had the chance to notice the issue starting this time directly with a Static IP config in the initial wizard.

Now everything seems to work correctly, or at least more smoothly, except the Static IP field which keeps displaying arbitrarily what he wants.

As a recap, in Static IP mode you can navigate, benchmark your connection and do other things with DNS Override disabled, but some functions wont work, I suggest the team to include DNS Override in the initial setup-wizard of the router when selecting Static IP, cause, if I'm not wrong or blind and if my dumb mind didn't just "skip" it, it's missing, otherwise many parts of the wizard itself will fail no matter if you are an "advanced" or a "dumb-as-a-brick" user. Now the dreadful doubt I just didn't pay attention assails me, did I just dont give a sheet about it, or it's not there ?

I know that most users will choose PPPOE as the preferred way to connect R2 to the internet (on a side note I deeply hope to see in a not too far future a P-Bit aka Priority Bit field in PPPOE WAN config), but in my view if something (Static IP) is there, it should work without bringing troubles along, not giving the chance to the user to config DNS Override in the actual state does bring troubles.

I hope this feedback could help to solve some headscratches.

• Administrators

@JustinCase I'd recommend signing up for Early Access and then once approved try the firmware there as we have made fixes and improvements so specifically DNS was something we worked on so it would be good to see if that's still the case and if it is the devs can rule out things more easily with you on the latest.

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/39415-introducing-early-access/

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@JustinCase I'd recommend signing up for Early Access and then once approved try the firmware there as we have made fixes and improvements so specifically DNS was something we worked on so it would be good to see if that's still the case and if it is the devs can rule out things more easily with you on the latest.

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/39415-introducing-early-access/

I already asked several days ago to apply for early access with the google "thing", but still no answer.

The email I've set is the same of my account here in the forum (but of course is different from the real thing I used to purchase the R2), I'd really appreciate if you could take a look into this, cause I feel my request has gone lost at this point.

Thanks.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, JustinCase said:

I already asked several days ago to apply for early access with the google "thing", but still no answer.

The email I've set is the same of my account here in the forum (but of course is different from the real thing I used to purchase the R2), I'd really appreciate if you could take a look into this, cause I feel my request has gone lost at this point.

Thanks.

You're already approved, you don't get an email when it's done but take a look on the main forum and you'll now see the Early Access section

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, cayo97300 said:

Hello,

The Ping heatmap fonctions on R2 for COD : Warzone 2.0 and COD Modern Warfare II is unable to give proper results (N/A ms).

I've tried to RESYNC CLOUD but the result was the same.

Okay thanks for letting us know, we'll do a cloud update as soon as we can

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
7 hours ago, aptiva1128 said:

Can not find COD MW3 related Hong Kong/Korea/Singpore servers either. (Geo filter and heatmap)
Even run resync cloud but not updated, please check them as well, thanks.

Yep I've let the team know to run an update

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 6:55 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yep I've let the team know to run an update

Now it can find Hong Kong/Singpore servers in "Heatmap", but still no active servers in "Geo Filter".
Hence Geo filter failed to work from Dec 10th, do we have a plan to fix this?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, aptiva1128 said:

Now it can find Hong Kong/Singpore servers in "Heatmap", but still no active servers in "Geo Filter".
Hence Geo filter failed to work from Dec 10th, do we have a plan to fix this?

We'll make a Heatmap update but it doesn't affect the Geo-Filter at all. The Geo-Filter show all connections that are available so if they're not there it's possible they're not available at the time.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We'll make a Heatmap update but it doesn't affect the Geo-Filter at all. The Geo-Filter show all connections that are available so if they're not there it's possible they're not available at the time.

Thanks for the comments, then I am thinking must be some other issues causing this. 

Seems my adblock plugin blocks the "resync" request, hence its process could not work correctly.

After turning off the plugin in duma management interface, then it could work now.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, aptiva1128 said:

Thanks for the comments, then I am thinking must be some other issues causing this. 

Seems my adblock plugin blocks the "resync" request, hence its process could not work correctly.

After turning off the plugin in duma management interface, then it could work now.

That's great to hear, thanks for posting the solution!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 9:24 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

That's great to hear, thanks for posting the solution!

I may be buying a r2 from somebody who got a r3 am I able to sign up for the early access now or do I have to wait till I own one?