Ping Failure

got2be_G

• Administrators

Just to clarify you have the modem and the router, which are you plugging the R2 into? You would need to check with the ISP regarding PPPoE etc. If you can plug into the router though you should be able to avoid that.

Is there a person I can talk that can walk me through step by step on how to set this up? I plug everything, but can't get the internet... This is my first time trying out a gaming router and setup so I don't know what a PPPoE, VLAN really is I just want call or talk to someone who can walk me through this step by step

Honestly Im done I have tried reading your forum and pages and I haven't found the help I need. I placed a ticket, tried talking to the messenger. I get it that your located in the UK, but you really need more technically support. You need a step by step video or something to help people who are new to this. I heard you had a great product and this was a greaat gaming router to get, but unfortunately I will never know cause I want a FULL REFUND I emailed you department. Im done

• Administrators

As I mentioned previously, are you connecting to the router or the modem and if you try both do you get a connection either way? We don't have telephone support as we are a small company. With most companies you will be lucky to get 1 response within 24 hours but I totally understand if you want to pursue a refund but I'm sure we can get it resolved.

13 hours ago, got2be_G said:

Honestly Im done I have tried reading your forum and pages and I haven't found the help I need. I placed a ticket, tried talking to the messenger. I get it that your located in the UK, but you really need more technically support. You need a step by step video or something to help people who are new to this. I heard you had a great product and this was a greaat gaming router to get, but unfortunately I will never know cause I want a FULL REFUND I emailed you department. Im done

I have the same setup (company and modem) can you tell me how you went about setting it up? I just unplugged the modem, let it boot up and grab a connection, THEN plugged in the R2 and it worked fine. @Netduma Fraser to my knowledge PPPOE isn't a thing with Spectrum, at least in my case, it's disabled on my R2. Also having worked at Spectrum in the past and with that exact Modem, they're.... a pain sometimes.

Edit: that's not a router, so no wifi comes out of it. Just phone and internet.  

12 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

I have the same setup (company and modem) can you tell me how you went about setting it up? I just unplugged the modem, let it boot up and grab a connection, THEN plugged in the R2 and it worked fine. @Netduma Fraser to my knowledge PPPOE isn't a thing with Spectrum, at least in my case, it's disabled on my R2. Also having worked at Spectrum in the past and with that exact Modem, they're.... a pain sometimes.

Edit: that's not a router, so no wifi comes out of it. Just phone and internet.  

I was trying to go from Modem to R2 to Spectrum Router thats what I was told would work best, but I have never been able to get an internet connection

17 minutes ago, got2be_G said:

I was trying to go from Modem to R2 to Spectrum Router thats what I was told would work best, but I have never been able to get an internet connection

Yeah I'd remove the Spectrum router from the equation and try. Did you already send the R2 back? 

Well heres an update on whats going on when I go from Modem to R2 to Spectrum Router... The R2 works but I can't connect to Xbox Live with the cables connected to the R2. Computers connected to the R2 work fine. R2 Wireless works fine, Spectrum Wireless works fine, plugging into the Spectrum Router works fine. It just no matter what I plug my wired cables in for my XBox One and PS4 Pro they don't work. When I try to connect other computers R2 they don't work as well Also my Speed Test got a D how do I improve that? When I try 

8 hours ago, got2be_G said:

Well heres an update on whats going on when I go from Modem to R2 to Spectrum Router... The R2 works but I can't connect to Xbox Live with the cables connected to the R2. Computers connected to the R2 work fine. R2 Wireless works fine, Spectrum Wireless works fine, plugging into the Spectrum Router works fine. It just no matter what I plug my wired cables in for my XBox One and PS4 Pro they don't work. When I try to connect other computers R2 they don't work as well Also my Speed Test got a D how do I improve that? When I try 

Are you using the Spectrum router for better wifi coverage? Otherwise you don't need it. Just use the R2. The speed test within DumaOS is known to not be accurate currently so don't worry about that. For a sheer speed test just use the speedtest.net one. The ping test in DumaOS is good though. 

7 minutes ago, djhixson88 said:

Are you using the Spectrum router for better wifi coverage? Otherwise you don't need it. Just use the R2. The speed test within DumaOS is known to not be accurate currently so don't worry about that. For a sheer speed test just use the speedtest.net one. The ping test in DumaOS is good though. 

I was using the Spectrum router as a Switch, but since I can't get the Xbox One or the Playstation to pick up the R2 I was leaving them plugged into Spectrum Router. Not sure why I can't get the Xbox or the Playstation to pick up the R2 even though its wired in

Just now, got2be_G said:

I was using the Spectrum router as a Switch, but since I can't get the Xbox One or the Playstation to pick up the R2 I was leaving them plugged into Spectrum Router. Not sure why I can't get the Xbox or the Playstation to pick up the R2 even though its wired in

Try rebooting the modem, then pugging in the R2 and letting it boot, then try hardwiring your consoles in. 

15 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

Try rebooting the modem, then pugging in the R2 and letting it boot, then try hardwiring your consoles in. 

I tried but I couldnt get it read the IP address and its only reading IP4

• Administrators
9 hours ago, got2be_G said:

I tried but I couldnt get it read the IP address and its only reading IP4

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you set manual connection settings on the consoles or are they connecting using automatic settings?