For those who combo DDWRT and Netduma, here is recommended setting

Chaiyoabc

image.thumb.png.d4e53563380714998bee4e5b4a3df9e7.png

More of my stats for those who wanna dig down: https://cod.tracker.gg/modern-warfare/profile/psn/Arc_TJX/mp/matches

I have been using this setting for hours. and the result is good so I wanna share this. 

at first you need to configure your QoS on DDWRT. Please see the following 

image.thumb.png.9669cae22ae5d7b75045418afb0d0ab8.png

Use 25% of your ISP Speed Package. I have 1000/100 package, so I throttle total bandwidth to about 250/25

Now use this formula 

Total Throttled BW / Number of Devices connected to DDWRT (BW divided by no. of devices, both lan and wireless)

In my case, it is 250/17 = about 13-14mb download 

and 25/17 = about 1.4 upload. 

image.png.835e05471a8d1092b6a36c6e8894d28c.png

Now you have to set each device to have X download and Upload (Based  on formula above) 

for me I don't bother setting each device because i have 14 devices connected to my DDWRT. So I just have 'Enable per user default Units' box checked. So ideally each devices at my house will have bandwidth of 14/1.4 speed

image.png.8c35d6e3f988eaa65ecf21d78d28b05e.png

And that's it for QOS setting for DDWRT

Now you go to make sure UPNP is enabled in DDWRT 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for Netduma, since I need its Geo-Filter feature, so in its QOS page, do as following 

- UPNP Off

- Disable QoS  - If you do this, anti bufferbloat, flower graph and traffic prioritization will not be working anymore. 

image.thumb.png.65a71ce37f9953526dd378920434046b.png

And that's it 

Emjoy 'Shoot First Kill First moments'

chaiyoabc  does ddrwt have netem im just curious

as i downloaded openwrt to try this out

im just wandering if ddwrt has it as well

also have you tried openwrt  if so whats your opinion on it

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to ddwrt, what is it? Is it a software I can download and configure along side with netduma?

On 5/20/2020 at 7:40 AM, Chaiyoabc said:

image.thumb.png.d4e53563380714998bee4e5b4a3df9e7.png

More of my stats for those who wanna dig down: https://cod.tracker.gg/modern-warfare/profile/psn/Arc_TJX/mp/matches

I have been using this setting for hours. and the result is good so I wanna share this. 

at first you need to configure your QoS on DDWRT. Please see the following 

image.thumb.png.9669cae22ae5d7b75045418afb0d0ab8.png

Use 25% of your ISP Speed Package. I have 1000/100 package, so I throttle total bandwidth to about 250/25

Now use this formula 

Total Throttled BW / Number of Devices connected to DDWRT (BW divided by no. of devices, both lan and wireless)

In my case, it is 250/17 = about 13-14mb download 

and 25/17 = about 1.4 upload. 

image.png.835e05471a8d1092b6a36c6e8894d28c.png

Now you have to set each device to have X download and Upload (Based  on formula above) 

for me I don't bother setting each device because i have 14 devices connected to my DDWRT. So I just have 'Enable per user default Units' box checked. So ideally each devices at my house will have bandwidth of 14/1.4 speed

image.png.8c35d6e3f988eaa65ecf21d78d28b05e.png

And that's it for QOS setting for DDWRT

Now you go to make sure UPNP is enabled in DDWRT 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for Netduma, since I need its Geo-Filter feature, so in its QOS page, do as following 

- UPNP Off

- Disable QoS  - If you do this, anti bufferbloat, flower graph and traffic prioritization will not be working anymore. 

image.thumb.png.65a71ce37f9953526dd378920434046b.png

And that's it 

Emjoy 'Shoot First Kill First moments'

isp ---> edgerouterx ---->r1

qos on the edge 

qos on the r1 was disabled 

both upnp off 

then portforward 1-65534 on the edge to the ip of the r1 

then portforward 1-65534 to the ps4 ip or xbox or pc  only way i got open nat

hope this helps :)

im now using gargoyle v12 on tplink v5 with r1

kelvin619 is my other account because i couldnt get in to this account 

Chaiyoabc, did you try with only your Netduma ? R1 or XR

how this DDWRT can help us with QOS ? we already have one.  I'm questioning cause maybe I'll go with the Asus rt AX88U ?

7 hours ago, DanyKTM said:

Chaiyoabc, avez-vous essayé uniquement avec votre Netduma? R1 ou XR

comment ce DDWRT peut nous aider avec QOS? nous en avons déjà un. Je m'interroge car peut-être que j'irai avec l'Asus rt AX88U?

Salut dany ddwrt peut servir car il n'utilise pas les même algorithmes que duma os  comme open wrt avec (fqcodel,cake,etc...)  et pour être franc l'algorithme utilisé sur le r1 avant duma os était bien plus performant c'est mon avis ^^ 

On 6/8/2020 at 1:21 PM, sub91 said:

isp ---> edgerouterx ---->r1

qos on the edge 

qos on the r1 was disabled 

both upnp off 

then portforward 1-65534 on the edge to the ip of the r1 

then portforward 1-65534 to the ps4 ip or xbox or pc  only way i got open nat

hope this helps :)

im now using gargoyle v12 on tplink v5 with r1

kelvin619 is my other account because i couldnt get in to this account 

Thanks! So what’s is your current setup at the moment, My current setup is ISP modem (BT) > Openwrt with AutoSQM-iptables in the custom firewall for the Xbox! I love AutoSQM 😀

Gargoyle is also a great QoS for gaming 😀

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 6:35 AM, DUMA BOLTON said:

Thanks! So what’s is your current setup at the moment, My current setup is ISP modem (BT) > Openwrt with AutoSQM-iptables in the custom firewall for the Xbox! I love AutoSQM 😀

Gargoyle is also a great QoS for gaming 😀

I post AutoSQM script in Openwrt forum with another guy...i was a tester for him to find best settings...i use edgerouter  X with openwrt .

Gargoyle also supports edgerouter x ...but to flash it correctly if you already have openwrt in edgerouter x just downgrade erx in openwrt 18.06.7 version that is .tar  and then flash gargoyle.....don't do this if you have openwrt 19.07 because it has .bin file for upgrade.😉

5 hours ago, Knomax said:

I post AutoSQM script in Openwrt forum with another guy...i was a tester for him to find best settings...i use edgerouter  X with openwrt .

Gargoyle also supports edgerouter x ...but to flash it correctly if you already have openwrt in edgerouter x just downgrade erx in openwrt 18.06.7 version that is .tar  and then flash gargoyle.....don't do this if you have openwrt 19.07 because it has .bin file for upgrade.😉

btw: I switched to gargoyle instead of dd-wrt. Gameplay seems more stable then random compaired to dd-wrt. Never really had great gaming experience with openwrt either. It feelt like I’m getting melted only. I would prefer gwlim Openwrt instead or gargoyle for gaming 😊 I seen your QOS settings on gargoyle forum and they works great for gaming, why are you not using gargoyle? You know your thing 😊

15 hours ago, Knomax said:

How do I get Openwrt on the edge router X? 

thanks 😊 

On 7/8/2020 at 8:03 PM, ZaphriX said:

btw: I switched to gargoyle instead of dd-wrt. Gameplay seems more stable then random compaired to dd-wrt. Never really had great gaming experience with openwrt either. It feelt like I’m getting melted only. I would prefer gwlim Openwrt instead or gargoyle for gaming 😊 I seen your QOS settings on gargoyle forum and they works great for gaming, why are you not using gargoyle? You know your thing 😊

Just experiment...trial and error....i will switch back to gargoyle...i set up it perfectly as you said.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:40 AM, Chaiyoabc said:

I'd love to try this (as I like DDWRT the most) but It doesn't make sense.

Your speed package is very high so after 25% throtling and dividing, you end up with decent up/down values. 

For us with lower speed packages (50/5 for example) we end up with ridiculously low up/down speeds per user.

Guest Cussiv

De I tried your settings on a wndr3700v4 with ddwrt it works pretty good tbh. I dropped some nuclears and relentless on Infinite Warfare. My speed is 100/10 and I set my speed to 80/8 and set same speed like you did on each device. The enemys are pretty slow tbh. I have a random gameplay here

Guest Cussiv
2 hours ago, DUMA BOLTON said:

Whats your bufferbloat settings with that setup?

Pretty low and great. Maybe 3-4 ms max bufferbloat. 

Can you set additional fq_codel Parameters?

With edgeos on my edgerouter i can set Things Like burst rate, target, Intervall, flows, limit, fq_codel Quantum and HTB Quantum

I found the best settings for me are

Target:5ms 

Flows: 1024

Limit: 10240

FqCodel Quantum: 1514 Bytes

Htb quantum: 1514 Bytes

With that i have a very good hitdetection and No Instant deaths anymore.. i really only need a short 3-4 bullet burst to kill someone on midrange