For those who combo DDWRT and Netduma, here is recommended setting

Chaiyoabc

On 10/28/2020 at 11:27 PM, johnnytran said:

I followed a guide on setting up QoS for gaming on the inksysinfo forum. It didn't perform well with MW and I'm not sure I like how its QoS works, I had bad buffer bloat despite those settings cutting my download speed in half - how does my ping go all over the place when my speedtest is capped at 50Mbps? I hit 100Mbps+ with openwrt and dumaos with my ping sitting at 6ms throughout. Maybe because I only had the option of selecting sfq or pfifo (no fq_codel or cake)

I'll keep this router with FT in hopes of finding better settings for CW, then maybe I try flash something else on it. Maybe use it for openwrt if possible and chuck gargoyle on the ER-X instead. I've gone back to using the R2 with MW because no other router I have has given me games where the hit detection feels "crisp"

Those QoS guides sucks. Better to find your own settings. Everyones connection is different. So it wont be the same. I use FT, works great. Had good games since then, dropped acouple of nukes, hit detection is awesome. https://cod.tracker.gg/modern-warfare/profile/xbl/Cussiv/mp

4 hours ago, Cussiv said:

Those QoS guides sucks. Better to find your own settings. Everyones connection is different. So it wont be the same. I use FT, works great. Had good games since then, dropped acouple of nukes, hit detection is awesome. https://cod.tracker.gg/modern-warfare/profile/xbl/Cussiv/mp

Care to share a screenshot of your QoS setting pages? I tried many different settings, with and without bandwidth limiting but never got good hit detection. Switched to the R2 and the difference was night and day. I obviously did something wrong even though the settings I followed were for gaming. I ping servers 6ms according to the R2 so I expect to have better hit detection than what I get lol

On 11/4/2020 at 7:54 PM, Cussiv said:

Don't get me wrong but the clip above is, first and foremost, a showcase of accuracy and awareness combined with an OP CQ weapon. Connection is secondary.

23 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Care to share a screenshot of your QoS setting pages? I tried many different settings, with and without bandwidth limiting but never got good hit detection. Switched to the R2 and the difference was night and day. I obviously did something wrong even though the settings I followed were for gaming. I ping servers 6ms according to the R2 so I expect to have better hit detection than what I get lol

My suggestion is to priotize UDP to your console. Mess with the bandwith accolation to your console til you not get melted, if it dosnt work, try another router. 

13 hours ago, Cussiv said:

My suggestion is to priotize UDP to your console. Mess with the bandwith accolation to your console til you not get melted, if it dosnt work, try another router. 

I followed this guide

https://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/the-best-qos-for-gaming-and-everything-else-tomato.73927/

Do i ignore the QoS bit/switch it off and only change settings in "classifications"? I copied that page exactly except changed xbox to ps4 ports and had my console IP in there but I must have done something wrong cause it didn't perform well. I might try delete everything in that page and just have my console's IP and UDP ports there lol

I'm using openwrt with iptable rules and it seems to be performing well, dropped 2 nukes in this session so far lets see how long it lasts.

8 hours ago, Sgt-Greco said:

@Cussiv made me buy a R7000

I flashed it with FT and  first game on I went 30-8 but I'll post my (unbiased) impressions later because a VTOL helped a lot. 

I have a feeling though, that FT kicks ass...... 

Cool, I have a class for my console udp conncetions only. I mess with the bandwith there, its works good for lag comp. Its pretty stable also.

8 hours ago, Sgt-Greco said:

@Cussiv made me buy a R7000

I flashed it with FT and  first game on I went 30-8 but I'll post my (unbiased) impressions later because a VTOL helped a lot. 

I have a feeling though, that FT kicks ass...... 

Sorry for quoting myself but I'm super excited. FT is amazing. These things happen while Netflix is on, in the other room.

Speechless 😶